• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R3 CCM v ZADS PERF LADS ,,,,,,,,,, don't stuff it up

turbo

Every decision went their way, they were in his ear all game and he listened. Many calls that should have gone to us were overlooked.
I think it ended up going more that way later - like if we get a foul for Kuol practically getting pushed over he doesn’t fly in for the yellow in retaliation but if the ref was out to get us Farrell would have had a yellow 5 mins in. Also going by screenshots there was a very valid shout for a handball penalty against Silvera at one stage. Didn’t seem that way at the ground.

booney

Almost too cranky about that insipid performance to contribute to the forum.However it is only two games into the season so time to rectify shortcomings.

Ball watching and slow reactions by defenders,particularly the two CBs and Farrell,led to the two Glory goals.Too many misplaced passes and slow ball movement hampered our attacking play.

Roux looked our best player on the day though Aquilina and Tulio looked good when they came on.Again not sure why so many are critical of Danny -from my memory of him in his previous stint he was never very vocal but of course was a lot less experienced in those days-he appears to be a quiet character who does not boss his defenders.

Farrell was getting a lot of ball but generally wasted it and he still gets caught out of position in defence.Garang was very subdued when he appeared and did not get involved very much.

Nizzy and Balard worked hard but little end product from their efforts.Cummings and Ayongo pressed well to win possession for Silvera's goal.Silvera is a bit like DDS of a few years ago-flashes of genuine brilliance but often poor decision making ( he did take the goal very well it must be said).

Beni still looks awkward and does get involved but often doesn't seem to know what he has to do.

Hopefully a big wake up call for players and coaching staff as Glory and Phoenix are only very average teams and lots of improvement needed to compete with City,Victory,AU and dare I say it the Jets.

Forum Phoenix

Urena is the real loss. He would drop into the midfield to give support both defensively and in attack. He would stretch defensive and midfield lines and create space for other payers. He was clever and a leader.

If we are going to persist in having two centre midfields we either need to get more out of our strikers who were immobile today, play a proper ten sitting behind Cummings, or have two absolute gangbusters seven and elevens. Of all the shit our defensive line copped today there has been little scrutiny on Beni, Silvera and Ayongo. All three were honking.

Agree. I hold Monty in very high regard, but tactically that was disturbing. Is there a side in the league more predictable than us?

Faz had an absolute shocker sure, hopefully it's an aberration and I agree with Michael, this will always be a part of the price of investing in young players, but the fact Faz was the only player we could consistently get into an advanced attacking position on the ball is a glaring tactical issue for us. And it's not new. It was a problem intuitively solved by Marcos coming deep as Mick said and Beni's mazy runs. Both currently absent.

Really, until Perth sat back to hold for the win, we couldn't get our forwards on the ball or in behind at all.

Perth played pretty basic football. But we still couldn't contain them nor play through them. And in contrast stopping the way we play was simple for them. Advancing the ball into our third was simple.

No joy in dissecting this game further. Good performances from individuals would help. But at the moment we look tactically bereft and we lack the fluidity and confidence in our play of the past two seasons.

Wombat

That is all on the coach, poor team selection.

I have a suspicion Beni has been sold or in the process of, he looks disinterested and off the pace. No idea why Monty is persisting with him in his current form. Definitely needs to be dropped for the next game at least to the bench.

Not convinced by Silvera despite the 2 goals. Still lazy and doesn't care much for defence.
Silvera looks like our ONLY player that can score and the ONLY player with ANY attacking prowess. Beni was horrendous again and should have been tugged at halftime for Kuol. OMG we are missing Marcos.

Wombat

Urena is the real loss. He would drop into the midfield to give support both defensively and in attack. He would stretch defensive and midfield lines and create space for other payers. He was clever and a leader.

If we are going to persist in having two centre midfields we either need to get more out of our strikers who were immobile today, play a proper ten sitting behind Cummings, or have two absolute gangbusters seven and elevens. Of all the shit our defensive line copped today there has been little scrutiny on Beni, Silvera and Ayongo. All three were honking.
I didnt think Silvera was but the other two 100%.

midfielder

We lost thee of the five across the back from last season with Far the weakest of the five staying.... we lost our player maker and forward organiser .... add that Hall seems not to have recovered

There loss is being felt ... we have issues .....

pjennings

Every decision went their way, they were in his ear all game and he listened. Many calls that should have gone to us were overlooked.
True - but our players had way more to do with the loss. I don't think he made any decision that he couldn't 'justify'

FFC Mariner

We are boring and predictable.
Drop deep and we don't have the quality to play through. Wellington and Perth played the same way.
4231 with Silvera at 10.
We don't have anyone else.
Kaltak and Tulio to the airport.

Ancient Mariner

I am starting to see similarities to cricket when a new batsmen bursts upon the scene and makes a ton of runs and is hailed in the press as the next Bradman. Usually they have a poor follow up season.
What happens is that opposition bowlers spend the off season working out their strengths and weaknesses and then attack them in season 2 appropriately.
I suspect that after an over achieving first season Monty has been worked out by opposing coaches.
It will be interesting see how he responds. The truly good batsmen generally come good.

Huddo

There were plenty of problems but ref wasn’t it. That was one those games you blame him because you are so frustrated with the team

tactics are fine

what’s missing is effort and intensity

So Garang getting pushed with both hand before coping a yellow, arms outstretched away from the body in the box( I include Farrell in that one aswell), playing advantage on the edge of the box as the ball proceeds to one of the corners,and a rediculous level of off-the-ball contact shouldn't be discussed because our defence was horrible?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred