• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R3 CCM v ZADS PERF LADS ,,,,,,,,,, don't stuff it up

Ozhammer

:goodpost:

This, the boys will know full well they let us fans and themselves down, so I expect a reaction. Monty also needs to reflect on his contribution too and the first two subs should have been Kuol or Ruhs for Beni and Aquilina for Farrell, as both had not been good enough at the 60 minute mark in truth. That he left Beni out there for another 10-15 mins was curious but leaving Farrell out there for the whole game when he was clearly having a mate was just bizarre imho.

Wombat

:goodpost:

This, the boys will know full well they let us fans and themselves down, so I expect a reaction. Monty also needs to reflect on his contribution too and the first two subs should have been Kuol or Ruhs for Beni and Aquilina for Farrell, as both had not been good enough at the 60 minute mark in truth. That he left Beni out there for another 10-15 mins was curious but leaving Farrell out there for the whole game when he was clearly having a mate was just bizarre imho.
I dont think Faz was having a mare, in fact i thought he was better than his effort against Nix. But it was a 5.5/10 to go with his 5/10 nix showing. John was also a 5/10 so he wasn't alone.

Faz is not a player that needs to be questioned in my opinion. when he clicks he is superb.

sydmariner

Thankfully we’ve avoided Kurt “penalties Adelaide” Ams & Shaun Evans.

style_cafe

For those that criticised Balard's games here are a few of his stats:-
Tackles won 9 , lost 4
Passes good 44, didn`t find target 6.
of these 1 was a 30 pass that the intended player missed, 2 off his head and 2 when he was in a tight
situation front 1/3
Defensive holding without tackle 7times
1 x 30m run with ball
1 x shot
1 x foul
1 x he was fouled
1 x he beat a player
For mine a really good effort.... :popcorn:

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

For me Max is a good solid player. But in arguably the most important position on the pitch, I think we need more than a good solid player. We need a game changer, we’ve been spoiled in the past with the likes of Stens, Monty, Rostyn and Jedi and that’s what we need now. Hopefully he becomes that player for us, he shows glimpses and he works hard, but right now, he’s not there.

finally retired

For those that criticised Balard's games here are a few of his stats:-
Tackles won 9 , lost 4
Passes good 44, didn`t find target 6.
of these 1 was a 30 pass that the intended player missed, 2 off his head and 2 when he was in a tight
situation front 1/3
Defensive holding without tackle 7times
1 x 30m run with ball
1 x shot
1 x foul
1 x he was fouled
1 x he beat a player
For mine a really good effort.... :popcorn:
are you Max's dad?

style_cafe

are you Max's dad?
Nah mate ,my son`s were goalkeepers.
I just thought that Max got unfairly criticised when he actually had a decent game and busted his arse.
So I sat through the replay and did a game analysis of him.
It`s quite interesting to watch how much ground he covered and how much he actually does.
He`s not the finished product yet but if he keeps learning and improving he`ll go a long way... :popcorn:

style_cafe

For me Max is a good solid player. But in arguably the most important position on the pitch, I think we need more than a good solid player. We need a game changer, we’ve been spoiled in the past with the likes of Stens, Monty, Rostyn and Jedi and that’s what we need now. Hopefully he becomes that player for us, he shows glimpses and he works hard, but right now, he’s not there.
Stens ,Monty,Rostyn and Jedi were all defensive midfielders playing in a different system to what we are playing now.
They were all very good defensively but lacked the mobility that a box to box midfielder like Balard has.
I`m not so sure any of those players were "Game Changers" as in the Garang Kuol type mould... :popcorn:

Ironbark

I know Monty rates Balard as one of those players that will make it overseas with some more development.

Our model is to take players with potential and bridge the difference between where they are now and where they can be (aka develop them). We have a strong track record of this under Serg/Monty and every reason to believe players like Maxy will make the step up.

marinermick

Stens ,Monty,Rostyn and Jedi were all defensive midfielders playing in a different system to what we are playing now.
They were all very good defensively but lacked the mobility that a box to box midfielder like Balard has.
I`m not so sure any of those players were "Game Changers" as in the Garang Kuol type mould... :popcorn:

This time one hundred percent. The defensive midfielders you named all played different roles to Max. We don’t have DMs anymore. We haven’t since Stens. Modern football teams that are successful don’t have DMs anymore.

Centre midfield was not our problem on the weekend.

FFC Mariner

The problem is the defence. Apart from Kalechi would have been shredded by a mid table NPL side (like Perth)
2 CM's kept having to drop. Leaves a massive hole which I why Cumdog kept having to drop

booney

I thought Max worked very hard and improved his passing compared with the Nix game. Some turnovers still occurred when his passes were cut off but he hopefully this facet of his game will improve as the team gels( I know that this is the important thing that has to happen).

Nizzy not back to last season's form but that may be a fitness issue following his off season surgery.However he still put in a big effort .

I know that both Max and Nizzy aren't traditional holding middies but they still have to screen in front of the centrebacks in defence and provide cover for the FBs when they push forward so they still play partly as holding midfielders but are also expected to move up towards the penalty area when we are attacking-this makes their job very onerous and requires tremendous fitness.

Glory's goals were the result of ball watching,sloppy marking and slow reactions in our penalty area and Kaltak has been criticised as the main culprit though Faz should also take some of the blame.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami