• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 6 vs Foxtel FC B, Shouldn't exist FC, etc etc.

shipwreck

I think the tackle Millar did on Faz should have been a red. Would have evened the game out and that is the kind of offence that needs to be harshly punished, not a speculative denial of a goal scoring opportunity.

AuzDutchy

What did the ref get wrong?
The red is a 50/50 wrong decision, probably should have been yellow

The Yellow for Aspro

The Yellow for Monty

The penalty when Cumdog had already scored

The Millar tackle on Faz's ankle

The multitude of long stoppages for no reason eg. running halfway down the pitch to hurry up their GK, wasting more time himself, and then never caring about any other time wasting antics, making the GK retake the kick coz it was slightly off the line

Ref never had control of anything in the game and set out to make himself the star

FFC Mariner

So Monty is allowed out of his technical area to remonstrate with 4th official now?
The ref may have had a different opinion but he wasn't wrong

booney

Kaltak's red card was fair enough.If one of their defenders had done the same we would have been screaming for a red and would have been pissed off with a yellow.Monty's yellow was bullshit ( I don't think Elder was reffing when Muskrat was the Victory coach so he hasn't had to deal with a real shithead coach).

Millar's tackle was possibly deserving of a red and I did not get a good enough view of Aspro's tackle to form an opinion.Unfortunately he had just whistled when Cummings scored so could not award the goal.

However we lost the game mainly though our errors-dangerous back pass and Danny's poor touch,poor marking for the header and Danny's slow reaction and poor positioning for the third goal.

AuzDutchy

Kaltak's red card was fair enough.If one of their defenders had done the same we would have been screaming for a red and would have been pissed off with a yellow.Monty's yellow was bullshit ( I don't think Elder was reffing when Muskrat was the Victory coach so he hasn't had to deal with a real shithead coach).

Millar's tackle was possibly deserving of a red and I did not get a good enough view of Aspro's tackle to form an opinion.Unfortunately he had just whistled when Cummings scored so could not award the goal.

However we lost the game mainly though our errors-dangerous back pass and Danny's poor touch,poor marking for the header and Danny's slow reaction and poor positioning for the third goal.

That isnt unfortunate, thats shocking refereeing

that just proves he keeps his whistle in his mouth all the time so hes ready to have an impact on the game as quickly as possible, especially with VAR watching, there is no reason in any situation to be so whistle happy when you have the benefit of letting it run and looking back at it with VAR

Meerkat

Totally agree with this.

bikinigirl

So Monty is allowed out of his technical area to remonstrate with 4th official now?
The ref may have had a different opinion but he wasn't wrong

. which again goes to highlight the inconsistency in refereeing

. York was constantly out of his area. at one point I'm sure he was on the pitch during play and another time came into contact with the assistant

. card or no card, he was inconsistent and therefore wrong one way or the other

. we all know it is one set of rules for us and another for them but I didn't know it was written into law

Allreet?

I’m on lord Howe but managed to watch the game. Lots of questionable decisions, including noone’s tackle on Kuol which might have been red on a different day, but we screwed it up ourselves. Vuka had a shocker and we should’ve started Kuol. End of. Learn from that Monty.

Ozhammer

Personally I can see why Kaltak saw red and it was never going to be overturned by VAR given the other similar instances already this season.

My biggest gripe with Elder was how the Effers managed to keep 11 players on the park after some of their challenges (Noone and Millar in particular).

The boys will have learned a lot from this game and it will stand them in better stead going forward. ??

priorpeter

It’s funny how quick we are to criticise. I’ve held off making a comment on this so far but some of the absolute vitriol directed at Vuka (not just here, but across the socials) has been very harsh. Comparatively, Birraz has made some shocking errors in Scotland and has been lambasted by the fans there - yet we are so quick to defend him…

Do I agree Vuka cost us 2 goals on Sunday? Absolutely - first goal is 12% on triantis for an absolute stonker of a pass, but 97% on Vuka (haven’t finished reading maths for dummies yet but I’m sure that adds up), and the third goal… yes that’s an absolute rookie error and 137.8% on Vuka (2.036% on Aquilina for pumping the ball into the area when there were other options).
Does vuka know this? Ab-so-f**kinglutely.
Is he capable of being better than what he’s shown so far? Yes - beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Players make mistakes - but goalkeepers will always be called out for theirs, because the results are usually catastrophic. No-one will blame Vuka for those goals more than he blames himself. Let’s be real though, shots to saves ratio stats rarely ever tell the entire story.

I’m more than confident Vuka will get past this blip and get back to his best - bloke was playing Europa league football just a couple of years ago and absolutely adored by the fans there. He knows - as do we - just how good he can be. I’m backing him.

scottmac

Suspended
It’s funny how quick we are to criticise. I’ve held off making a comment on this so far but some of the absolute vitriol directed at Vuka (not just here, but across the socials) has been very harsh. Comparatively, Birraz has made some shocking errors in Scotland and has been lambasted by the fans there - yet we are so quick to defend him…

Do I agree Vuka cost us 2 goals on Sunday? Absolutely - first goal is 12% on triantis for an absolute stonker of a pass, but 97% on Vuka (haven’t finished reading maths for dummies yet but I’m sure that adds up), and the third goal… yes that’s an absolute rookie error and 137.8% on Vuka (2.036% on Aquilina for pumping the ball into the area when there were other options).
Is he capable of being better than what he’s shown so far? Yes - beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Players make mistakes - but goalkeepers will always be called out for theirs, because the results are usually catastrophic. No-one will blame Vuka for those goals more than he blames himself. Let’s be real though, shots to saves ratio stats rarely ever tell the entire story.

I’m more than confident Vuka will get past this blip and get back to his best - bloke was playing Europa league football just a couple of years ago and absolutely adored by the fans there. He knows - as do we - just how good he can be. I’m backing him.
Agreed, the shots to save ratio is shit. Not sure about him bouncing back though. 37, no football for the last 12 months, poor command of his area, poor movement, looks slow.......I get he wants it and I'd love nothing more than him getting back in form but not sure I can see it

Ancient Mariner

I have been thinking about Sunday.

0-2 down.
Down to 10 men for three quarters of the game.
Fight back to 2-2 and then lose in the last minute of injury time chasing the win with nearly all the team pressing the opposition in their half.

It is a performance to celebrate.
C'est magnifique.

marinermick

I can’t ever remember hearing about or seeing the shots to save ratio stat before this week, and over the years I have immersed myself in stats to prepare for games when working in radio.

It’s amazing how this stat has all of a sudden become so prominent and important in assessing a goalkeeper’s performance.

bikinigirl

We are screwed with these stats.
Effectively we are just hoping to score more than we concede. Other teams just have to sneeze in front of our goal to score.
Won’t be as easy to out score them when Kuol leaves.

. the funny thing about stats is that you can normally 'find' something if you look at things the way you want (i.e. selection bias, confirmation bias, etc)

. what i see in those stats is that Danny has had f**k all to do ... and yes, i understand that is part of the reason why people are pissed

. but it makes the criticism of our backs all the more intriguing ... regardless of how pretty they have looked ... and the stoopid errors ... they've actually been quite effective

. all of the backline have come in for some criticism (except maybe Storm oddly enough) - particularly the Ni-Van Man

. my solution: the backs need to do less, we need to concede more shots on target so Danny has the opportunity to get his stats up and play himself into form. i mean it was not that long ago that people were saying that Birraz only had the best stats (most saves) because he had the most work to do

... howdya like them apples?

:p ;) :piralaugh:

scottmac

Suspended
I can’t ever remember hearing about or seeing the shots to save ratio stat before this week, and over the years I have immersed myself in stats to prepare for games when working in radio.

It’s amazing how this stat has all of a sudden become so prominent and important in assessing a goalkeeper’s performance.
I don't think it's an important stat and I think there's only one of us pushing it. I actually haven't seen the stat either before it was posted here.
After calming down, I think it's more the sloppy error that's getting him a lambasting. Hopefully that's it for him. Can't have many of those in your kit otherwise he wouldn't have had the career he has.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami