• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

SA Diving Champions aka Goodwin’s Gargoyles Vs The Good Guys aka Monty’s Mariners

Tevor

Great game by us. We worked hard and we are a handful for any side. Big pat on the back for Monty and Serge.

Vuko 7.5. He is looking so confident now. Only blemish was the disallowed goal. I would actually be tempted to give him another season on this golden run he is on.
Storm 8. Excellent game. Who knew this bloke could actually defend. He is easily our most improved player this season.
Triantis 8. Classy
Kaltak 7.5. Solid.
McGarry 6.5. Did some great stuff, especially futher up the park. Needs to stay on his feet more and really needs to switch on when defending in our box.
Silvera 7.5. Impressive again.
Niz 7.5. Great game. 2nd half was 9/10.
Maxy 7. Good game. Only blemish was the disallowed goal when he did his running on the spot party trick.
Beni 8. Very good game.
Tulio 8.5 MOM. Quality.
Cumdog 6.5. Needs to be on his toes more but he is such a smart player even when he isn't scoring.

Subs all did well. I really enjoyed Farrell's battle with the 26yo but his passing was a bit off. He is a better defender than McGarry but he probably didn't do enough to get his spot back. Depends if Monty forgives McGarry's brain farts last night.
Lovely to see Steele score his first goal.
Moreshe looked sharp considering his jersey was 8 sizes too big.
Theo.....the debut goal will happen next week!

COYY
Spot on and feel the same about Vuka, if he had another season I wouldn’t mind and I was one calling for him to be dropped early in the season. Glad he turned it around and it’s making a world of difference to our results.

true believer

Great game by us. We worked hard and we are a handful for any side. Big pat on the back for Monty and Serge.

Vuko 7.5. He is looking so confident now. Only blemish was the disallowed goal. I would actually be tempted to give him another season on this golden run he is on.
Storm 8. Excellent game. Who knew this bloke could actually defend. He is easily our most improved player this season.
Triantis 8. Classy
Kaltak 7.5. Solid.
McGarry 6.5. Did some great stuff, especially futher up the park. Needs to stay on his feet more and really needs to switch on when defending in our box.
Silvera 7.5. Impressive again.
Niz 7.5. Great game. 2nd half was 9/10.
Maxy 7. Good game. Only blemish was the disallowed goal when he did his running on the spot party trick.
Beni 8. Very good game.
Tulio 8.5 MOM. Quality.
Cumdog 6.5. Needs to be on his toes more but he is such a smart player even when he isn't scoring.

Subs all did well. I really enjoyed Farrell's battle with the 26yo but his passing was a bit off. He is a better defender than McGarry but he probably didn't do enough to get his spot back. Depends if Monty forgives McGarry's brain farts last night.
Lovely to see Steele score his first goal.
Moreshe looked sharp considering his jersey was 8 sizes too big.
Theo.....the debut goal will happen next week!

COYY
great assessment , expect i would have given tulio a 9
i also believe he maybe the best No 10 we've ever had .

i think max has developed physically and is now rising to a top class 6/8

turbo

Depends if Monty forgives McGarry's brain farts last night.
Farrell had enough of his own. I can’t see Farrell getting his starting spot back so late in the campaign.

It seems like he’s more likely to move into the left CB spot if/when Triantis gets an OS move which he definitely deserves.

midfielder

I often wonder what happened to many of the original supporters and forum posters.
Striker #9 would be one I would be keen to hear of as well as big Dave (Auburn Mariner).

I find it a bit funny in what is a relatively new league to look back to the good old days.
I played with Striker 9 for years [one of my best mates] and we attended matches together for years... when Mulvey took over and the way he ran the club was simply to much for him... and then his became a grand dad, and life got in the way... kinda he travelled from Sydney every match and became disillusioned with how it was all being run.... not that different to a number of folk we sat with who came from Blacktown....

style_cafe

So very proud of our little club and this team this morning. Drifters Wharf was epic last night, great company and great atmosphere. I also got to meet Style and his wonderful Dad, what an exceptional man. ❤️

Loving the feel around everything Mariners atm and CCF have even given us old old bastards the run of Pluim Park today, just to put the icing on the cake and so I am looking forward chanelling my inner Mariner this arvo.

COYY ??
What a wonderful man? Lol me or dad? It was wonderful to meet you Oz. Dad had such a good time and so many people came and said hello even Heather Garriock and her family came over.Its always good to see her. Special thanks to go to Dan the man for organising everything for us. The boys were outstanding, the game was magic and the atmosphere at Drifter’s sensational. It was such a buzz i didnt want the night to end and slept in my Mariner’s shirt to savour the moments.

Huddo

Farrell had enough of his own. I can’t see Farrell getting his starting spot back so late in the campaign.

It seems like he’s more likely to move into the left CB spot if/when Triantis gets an OS move which he definitely deserves.

The thing is with these games coming up, it's knockout football, teams usually take a more defensive posture, goals are more of a premium especially at the away games.

Corsair

I often wonder what happened to many of the original supporters and forum posters.
Striker #9 would be one I would be keen to hear of as well as big Dave (Auburn Mariner).

I find it a bit funny in what is a relatively new league to look back to the good old days.
Inspiring to hear all these stories of the very old days, would be wonderful if someone could connect with these long lost fans and bring them back to the club. Few of us survived those incredibly bleak years and it was truly terrible for many of those spoons (rock bottom Mulvey).

Whether you were part of the crew on the forum, in the bay or just with your own mates in the stands there were some very tough years. I was left on my own in the stands for a couple of years but I've managed to bring a few boys back as things have picked up, not members but maybe 3/4 of the games this season.

I hope more fans return, for those that are less rusted on and just enjoy the winning ways, the hour is nigh. Please come back and fill the stands, you are all welcome.

Last edited:

turbo

The thing is with these games coming up, it's knockout football, teams usually take a more defensive posture, goals are more of a premium especially at the away games.
True but I don’t think he’s as defensively solid as he was before illness/injury. Right now he doesn’t strike me as any more solid than Mcgarry and offers less going forward. We’re out of time to shake off the rust.

Ancient Mariner

I played with Striker 9 for years [one of my best mates] and we attended matches together for years... when Mulvey took over and the way he ran the club was simply to much for him... and then his became a grand dad, and life got in the way... kinda he travelled from Sydney every match and became disillusioned with how it was all being run.... not that different to a number of folk we sat with who came from Blacktown....
Thanks Middy. He and I worked at the Uni for many years. He taught me a lot about football tactics when I first started following Spirit.
I remember one time when my son was playing under 9s and our team was unbeatable (put in the wrong division, won the GF 7-0). We came up against the side he coached and they nearly beat us even though they were down near the bottom. He just said with the right tactics you could beat anyone. I could not work out how he did it and he would never tell me.
I would not mind meeting up with him for a chat one day if he reads this.

marinermick

Thanks Middy. He and I worked at the Uni for many years. He taught me a lot about football tactics when I first started following Spirit.
I remember one time when my son was playing under 9s and our team was unbeatable (put in the wrong division, won the GF 7-0). We came up against the side he coached and they nearly beat us even though they were down near the bottom. He just said with the right tactics you could beat anyone. I could not work out how he did it and he would never tell me.

Man mark your two best players with kids who will follow instructions to the letter. Works a treat in U9s.

midfielder

AC

Given you new Ugo... we played together for years and one day a very loud and aggressive person joined our team... so Ugo left and joined North Epping [NE]...

My team and his former St Andrews Eastwood {SAE]was a kinda local derby with NE.

AnyWho I was captain of SAE and played as a deep sitting 6....

NE had a corner and the ball was cleared... I was screaming at everyone to push out... Ugo stayed back and was at least 4 to five meters behind me and I was I through the last player in line for defence ..... however one of our players had stayed on the post and thereby played Ugo onside...

He got passed a ball and hit a left foot volley from the corner of the penalty box into the top corner of the goal... We had no lines person just a ref... the volley hit would have made the world goal of the year mentions ... I screamed his offside ref... all day every game he's offside... his to slow to play up front offside by half the field I cried and screamed...

The ref ruled Offside ... I robbed Ugo of the greatest goal he ever scored... he did not speak to me for a few days and then we caught up for a beer... all was forgiven...

Omni

It’s hard to explain to folks how formative those early days were to my life. Auburn was a great mentor for me. I’m a VERY different person to what I was back then and I’m glad.

I always miss this club and these days but those early days were so special. Friend of mine here in the US does a “desert island goals” podcast where you list five goals you’d watch if you could only watch those five. I put Spencer’s goal against Sydney FC for the first away trip mostly for how much that moment did for us as a fan base.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami