• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season 2011- all things local thread

Kareem

I was given the choice mid-season between maa7 or not playing (maa1, 5 and 6 were all full)
And I still felt guilty...

One of the guys I'm referring to at Wyoming is a very good friend of mine...but I still don't agree with his choice

hasbeen

The 21's comp has a problem in that there were 8 teams when we did the draw and one team pulled out at the last minute leaving 7. There is no other grade to draw teams from. CCF has guaranteed every team 14 games as minimum and as such are working on a solution for the 21's comp to increase the number of games. This will be anounced in the next couple of weeks but rather than delay the main draw it was was released as is to provide the first 14 weeks to the teams.

Unfortunately the withdrawl of this team late left us in a predicament that we are now working through.

Regards
Darren Sprod
Chairman
CCF

Any news on this yet? It's been over 3 weeks.

darrensprod

Any news on this yet? It's been over 3 weeks.

The Solution was sent to the club Presidents and Secretaries this afternoon. It bascially means a larger final series that incorporates all teams for these grades only. A top 6 or 8 if you like. The finals will therefore be longer for this competition and thus have more games. With 21's there is only one division so no way to get anymore teams from a lower grade etc.

I have attached the Circular that was sent to clubs to this post for review. I would be interested in any reasonable feedback on this.

Regards
Darren Sprod

Attachments

• Circular 07 11 - 2011 Final Series.pdf
    200.3 KB · Views: 5

hasbeen

The Solution was sent to the club Presidents and Secretaries this afternoon. It bascially means a larger final series that incorporates all teams for these grades only. A top 6 or 8 if you like. The finals will therefore be longer for this competition and thus have more games. With 21's there is only one division so no way to get anymore teams from a lower grade etc.

I have attached the Circular that was sent to clubs to this post for review. I would be interested in any reasonable feedback on this.

Regards
Darren Sprod

mmmm ... nice try but if you finish 1st you are still the 2 games down for the season, because you get the same finals series as everyone else gets (minimum 2, maximum 3). I guess expanding the number of rounds to 18 wasn't on the cards eh? This is 21A comp, and yet grades like 11F and 15D get more games because they're comp has been expanded. As I said in a previous email, this is not all about winning a grand final, it's about giving these guys (especially the students) value for money. I've seen one game in the 21A already and it was so one sided it was laughable, so I doubt this grade even has a future. An effort should have been made to squeeze extra rounds in midweek.

hilly1981

4-0 win against Southern in AA6. The worst team we have probably played in four or five seasons - poor footballers with no heart and the scoreline was very flattering on them.

Interesting as they beat Tuggerah 3-1 the week before.

Harsh call. Ever heard of a team having a bad game? Last time I checked you didnt need to be a superstar player to compete in AA6.

WELL INFORMED

Mick, if your team had a bit of ticker then you may have entered a higher comp. Good to win MAA5 then end up in MAA6 which from what I can gather is basically the same comp you won last year. I realise that there are some xtra grades which makes teams appear to be in a lower grade than they should be, BUT from all reports you are basically playing the same teams as last year after winning the comp.

WELL INFORMED

Agree with comment from hilly1981 re SEU AA6, bit hard when it comes from a team that probably should not be in their comp. Not the only case I have seen of an incorrect grading in MAA comps.

marinermick

Mick, if your team had a bit of ticker then you may have entered a higher comp. Good to win MAA5 then end up in MAA6 which from what I can gather is basically the same comp you won last year. I realise that there are some xtra grades which makes teams appear to be in a lower grade than they should be, BUT from all reports you are basically playing the same teams as last year after winning the comp.

Do you think we had a choice of what grade we played? It was graded according to a CCF software program that takes into account player movements.

We lost our best midfielder (Dimitri), our best striker (Mitch) and our best stopper (Dave) as well as losing a couple of other quality players. We have picked up in the process a guy who hasn't played in five years, a league player who has never played and a guy who played all age nine last season and have dropped from eighteen players to sixteen. So, in your opinion, is that the same team as last season?

Besides we are now playing in a comp where we face Woongarrah and didn't beat them last season with a draw this season, Terrigal who beat us last game last season and Wyoming who we drew and only beat 1-0 last season yet are now much stronger. Most of our players are in the their mid to late thirties and even in their forties and are a year older playing against some clubs that have strengthened while we have weakened so I argue that we are about right.

It is more likely that Southern and Tuggerah are playing in a too high a grade.

So you should really get your facts straight before making statements that have no evidence and something you are clearly ill-informed about. Probably time to look at your forum name.

Atomic

Regardless of all that, I thought your comments had no class. I just couldn't see the point. Did you shake hands with your opposition after the match or did you tell them they were poor footballers with no heart?

marinermick

Regardless of all that, I thought your comments had no class. I just couldn't see the point. Did you shake hands with your opposition after the match or did you tell them they were poor footballers with no heart?

You were not there so you cannot comment either. Class or no class I stand by my posts.

The Southern team we played last season gave it to us at every opportunity as did alot of other eighteen year old kids we played. Heck, we even lost 3-0 to them in the grand final. Mine was in response to Kareem's comments that his team was unlucky.

Of course we shooks hands after the game.

Atomic

You were not there so you cannot comment either. Class or no class I stand by my posts.

The Southern team we played last season gave it to us at every opportunity as did alot of other eighteen year old kids we played. Heck, we even lost 3-0 to them in the grand final. Mine was in response to Kareem's comments that his team was unlucky.

Of course we shooks hands after the game.

No, I wasn't there but I certainly can comment thank you very much. If you dont want feedback, keep your posts to yourself. I'm sticking with my original "no class" opinion. the correct course of action would have been to leave it on the field. That's what the hand shake at the end of the game signifies.

Kareem

MarinerMick
Please use quote function to show me where I said they were unlucky?
I didn't recall saying that, and upon looking through last couple of pages, I can't see where I supposedly said that?
Your insult seems totally unprovoked!

Revilo

Are there seriously grounds that were open today?

I'm on the CCF website and it says grounds like Ourimbah (WTF), Erina High and Baker Park are open, but I find this hard to believe.

We play at Fagan's tomorrow, and it says it is open, but how do I find out for sure?

darrensprod

Are there seriously grounds that were open today?

I'm on the CCF website and it says grounds like Ourimbah (WTF), Erina High and Baker Park are open, but I find this hard to believe.

We play at Fagan's tomorrow, and it says it is open, but how do I find out for sure?

There were about a third of grounds open today. All grounds default to open at the end of the days play awaiting for ground inspections etc and the CCF website is updated by 7am tomorrow morning.

Regards
Darren Sprod

offtheball

Would it not be wise for this info to be on the web site?

Watched The Entrance V Kanwal MPL tonight at Pat Morley. looked like there had been no rain all week, superb drainage. 2 all by the way.

Alan Davidson all grounds closed Sunday.

Revilo

Well the Wyoming and Ourimbah websites are saying that their grounds are closed for tomorrow, so I told my team that the game was off tomorrow. They all ring me saying "wtf, all grounds are open as per the CCF website." Surely some common sense should prevail here.

Kareem

+1 Revilo
I checked CCF website and was flabbergasted...because I knew not all grounds could be open.
I then checked Wyoming (my SEU men's all age 3) and found out it was closed. Told my team, and 4 or 5 people didnt believe me "CCF says its open". I had to explain to them...
Not a efficient system tbh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred