• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Staj be Given a 5 Year Contract? ....and the Keys to Gosford.

midfielder

A five year contract would I think anyway ensure a steady flow of top quality youth players as we would have quite a stable coaching setup....

Would love a new owner .... although as bad as MC is... not any owner ...

Gotta say this the Mariners are clearly established as CC team by the community at large and there is a sense of pride we have a team....

The MV & WSW crowd drop out rates with ONE poor season are light years more that we have experienced over 5 bad seasons...

The CC is set for population growth and within 10 years our population could be over 400K... with connections to the three Sydney teams and Newcastle all within 90 minutes or so...

Our position IMO is tied to next years TV ratings & Paramount streaming numbers pick up... but if numbers bounce back with TEN [this time with TEN being time as a partner not forced by News to show for free].. .

If the numbers bounce back, our location i.e. close to four other clubs and a growing population should enable a sale.... hopefully sooner rather than later... but does depend on us remaining competitive and this year not be a 1 in 10 year event..

But yes appoint him and put him in a position he can sent his kids to school, and become a local... great idea...

Big Al

If you’re looking to knock out his commute there’s at most 3 teams he could go to. One of them has no reason to move on from Corica, the other two could be in the market depending on next season.
Milicic would have to be pretty safe after this season but that for sure would be a perfect job for Staj. WSW is pretty realistic but they’d have to move now which I don’t think they will. I think they’ll give the muppet around 10 games ans if he’s not in the top 4 he could be in trouble but i also don’t think Staj would leave us mid season for another club but you never know

Tevor

Milicic would have to be pretty safe after this season but that for sure would be a perfect job for Staj. WSW is pretty realistic but they’d have to move now which I don’t think they will. I think they’ll give the muppet around 10 games ans if he’s not in the top 4 he could be in trouble but i also don’t think Staj would leave us mid season for another club but you never know
Yeah I think the Drive byes will wait as they have had a merry go round for a while now and need some stability. I think we will have Staj for next season however beyond that it's crystal ball time.

Ozhammer

I am happy for Staj to honour the third year of his contract and if next season goes well, then enter into talks about a new deal before his existing one expires. I accept that this risks someone attempting to poach him but I would like some proof that this season wasn’t a one off before seeing the club commit to a longer term association.

Some might deem that harsh but I call it sensible and after the mistakes of the past, the club cannot afford another Moss fiasco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred