• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Summer Sixes '10 - No Boots??

Wombat

Probably Ted.

We are usually "The relics" but used the KK name when we played indoor at Gosford a few seasons ago. We won that comp so thought we might dust off the victorious moniker.

I dont fancy us to win the sixes so will probably revert back to "The Relics" and Killarney Kripples can rest easy.

marinermick

Well, I have certainly changed my tune on the "no boots" situation. What a debacle!!!

The slippery rye grass on pluim coupled with a half time rain event made it one of the most comical, frustrating and stupid game I have ever played.

I have played six-a-side on couch grass with shoes and it was not a problem at all.

On the surface at Pluim it was a whole different story.

A massive rethink is needed or they will have no teams next season. We are even contemplating pulling our team now.

girljean

Kareem, you are over the top. If you cannnot play without your boots take up tiddlywinks.
Some of my family are referees. They also play summer sixes and use their refereeing grass shoes. They are more than adequate. Agree with Darren, although I usually do not, that Pluim is primarily for winter competition and should be preserved. It was great this year for finals as it was not used all year for anything but the odd rep game. Kareem get a life and make adjustments if you want to play.

T

It's truly not safe to play without boots on Pluim at the moment. Our game on Wed night was frought with people slipping over. There was just no traction available at all. Luckily we had no injuries, but there were a few slips and slides that could have been much worse.

And the whole no drinks break at half time is a bit harsh.

marinermick

And the whole no drinks break at half time is a bit harsh.

especially as temeratures warm up

to be fair though, you did have a ref that was clueless and didn't know any of the rules

most of the refs are reasonable when it comes to half time drinks

T

Very true, hopefully someone educates him shortly! They really should tell the ref's the rules of this particular comp.

Wombat

Our ref gave us 5 min drink break at half time but basically was ordinary.....Not one free kick the whole game!
II like it like that but a few of my team-mates were whingeing and yes a few people were slipping over during your game.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'll be playing in over 35 comp for the apptly named Kariong Kripples. Whats all the fuss about with no boots...the ground will be hard soon.
I'll wear Trainers or indoor boots (no studs).
Anyone else playing in the old fart's comp?

Yes Wombat, but O35's don't actually run fast enough to slip over when they stop and turn :D

I guess buying turf shoes is a frustrating additional expense for people playing Summer 6's.....how much of Pluim is usually used in these games?

Wombat

Yes Wombat, but O35's don't actually run fast enough to slip over when they stop and turn :D

I guess buying turf shoes is a frustrating additional expense for people playing Summer 6's.....how much of Pluim is usually used in these games?

We can used studs now until Christmas I think.

Probably right about the running fast enough bit!!! I'm pretty quick over a yard!

Kareem

Kareem, you are over the top. If you cannnot play without your boots take up tiddlywinks.
Some of my family are referees. They also play summer sixes and use their refereeing grass shoes. They are more than adequate. Agree with Darren, although I usually do not, that Pluim is primarily for winter competition and should be preserved. It was great this year for finals as it was not used all year for anything but the odd rep game. Kareem get a life and make adjustments if you want to play.
1) i must be over the top. that's why so many people are agreeing with me :p
2) I'm a referee as well. Not to mention a podiatry student with pretty extensive knowledge of biomechanics...
now let me ask the class a question. What would you say might be a difference in the biomechanical movements endured by a player compared to a referee?
Need I say more on that...ref's are a poor example. Some people said they have had no problem...and thats as a player...so can't argue all that much tbh...but you cant compare ref's to players. I personally wear falt shoes to ref in Outdoor season (except in wet weather...i actually switch to my playing boots)...and I have slipped only once or twice...no problems tbh!
3) Honestly. I know not everyone is priveliged enough to endure a full education...but surely it isn't hard to read through a conversatio and comprehend an individual's arguments. If you did this you would see that I stated I 100% agree that Pluim should be maintained for winter competition. I mean simply put, it's our 'premier' footballing grounds on the coast. Even Tony Abbott recognised this and was willing to pledge a few million in the past election. My argument was (and still is)- if this is to preserve the grounds (which agree with)- then surely the best method would be no sport at all...thats my personal view. Not saying I'm right...but your stupid if you missed that on page 1 and decided to have a little whinge about utter nonsense that i dont even agree with
4)Great for finals... lol. I disagree
Re-word the statement. It was better than previous years for finals. That is a definite fact...and I am sure the CCF are working to improve it more so.
5) Get a life and make some adjustments- lol. I moved on...I signed up for Niagara Park Futsal...I played tonight. I think I havent really lost any sleep over this. I was frustrated, but i said my 2c worth...and you decided to make a random post...troll much? I think you need to get a life, or a hobby or something
oh and apparently boots allowed until Christmas...checkmate?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred