• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney to host the Grand Final next 3 years

Michael

I reckon:
City 3-0 win
Victory suspended fine and points penalty
Glover 3-6 weeks
Few S Melb fans get bans

The smart move for Glover was to run like f**k. Why would you stand there as it all goes tits up?
The only reasons I can possibly think he didn’t turn and leg it is either,
A- ego? Didn’t think they’d actually touch him
B- didn’t want to turn his back and get a genuine coward punch to the back of the head and swamped

Either was a lose lose, just leg it.

FFC Mariner

The only reasons I can possibly think he didn’t turn and leg it is either,
B- didn’t want to turn his back and get a genuine coward punch to the back of the head and swamped

Either was a lose lose, just leg it.
Mate - they would have had to be quick to catch me if I'm him :)

turbo

Is that ego? Or just thinking we live in a civilised country where invading and assaulting a player is unthinkable?

It ended up being a dog shot he never saw coming anyway so turning to leg it wouldn’t have been a problem.

As for any sanction the more I think about it the less likely it seems. Yes it was silly to throw it back and he should have let others deal with it but if he gets suspended it validates the assault to some small degree and the APL and FA wont want that. We’ll see a statement or interview with him trying to clear that up and he’ll be the poster boy for healing a hurting league. OSM on the other hand won’t know what hit them. Huge test for the APL coming up, they’ve got to get something right sooner or later right?

FFC Mariner

I can beat that . I’ve had a prostate biopsy. Basically a pistol shoved up your bum which fires a needle 16 times in repetition into the prostate, collecting a core sample . The first one is very uncomfortable . By your 16th your feeling totally violated.
Same. Felt like a stapler going off in my butt.

Tevor

Is that ego? Or just thinking we live in a civilised country where invading and assaulting a player is unthinkable?

It ended up being a dog shot he never saw coming anyway so turning to leg it wouldn’t have been a problem.

As for any sanction the more I think about it the less likely it seems. Yes it was silly to throw it back and he should have let others deal with it but if he gets suspended it validates the assault to some small degree and the APL and FA wont want that. We’ll see a statement or interview with him trying to clear that up and he’ll be the poster boy for healing a hurting league. OSM on the other hand won’t know what hit them. Huge test for the APL coming up, they’ve got to get something right sooner or later right?
When Turbo is suggesting the APL need to start getting things right we are in trouble. You have been a huge advocate for them and I always wished your were right. If they treat us like they now have the high ground and don’t review where all this started then the league is in huge trouble when the P- deal finishes. That Sunday of football was woeful. However still would have been if last nights derby wasn’t a disaster. Maybe I was looking hard for a good game to make the world right again and didn’t get it at all.

turbo

When Turbo is suggesting the APL need to start getting things right we are in trouble. You have been a huge advocate for them and I always wished your were right. If they treat us like they now have the high ground and don’t review where all this started then the league is in huge trouble when the P- deal finishes. That Sunday of football was woeful. However still would have been if last nights derby wasn’t a disaster. Maybe I was looking hard for a good game to make the world right again and didn’t get it at all.
I’ve been willing to cut them some slack and be realistic around our options with Paramount and some other things. I don’t think they’ve done a perfect job but up until a week ago I got it and was generally optimistic.

I don’t like the GF decision and feel it was short sighted, then the truth comes out about funding and the P+ subscription shortfall. Aside from the GF decision itself I was appalled by how wrong they got the messaging and PR. That in itself should have been a resignation. There was no way that announcement went any way other than how it unfolded. Maybe the execs have forgotten everyone else has to pay for their own trips, accommodation and tickets.

I genuinely don’t see how anyone with any professional experience would have said this is what we’re announcing, give blatantly bullshit reasons, provide bugger all detail to the grand plan then backflip more than a gymnastics team. Arrogance? Incompetence? Out of touch? I just can’t..

Michael

You’re totally right, but from my personal experience never be naive enough to think some clown won’t take a swing or worse. Perhaps I should’ve used the term naivety instead of ego, my bad.

I’d definitely be breaking the 100mtr sprint WR if 200 mouth breathers were aggressively running toward me.

style_cafe

I can beat that . I’ve had a prostate biopsy. Basically a pistol shoved up your bum which fires a needle 16 times in repetition into the prostate, collecting a core sample . The first one is very uncomfortable . By your 16th your feeling totally violated.
I would have thought the pistol up the bum would make you feel totally violated,but then again i`m a bit old fashioned... :popcorn:
Same. Felt like a stapler going off in my butt.
so would that mean you only had 8 staples go off? :popcorn:

Tevor

I’ve been willing to cut them some slack and be realistic around our options with Paramount and some other things. I don’t think they’ve done a perfect job but up until a week ago I got it and was generally optimistic.

I don’t like the GF decision and feel it was short sighted, then the truth comes out about funding and the P+ subscription shortfall. Aside from the GF decision itself I was appalled by how wrong they got the messaging and PR. That in itself should have been a resignation. There was no way that announcement went any way other than how it unfolded. Maybe the execs have forgotten everyone else has to pay for their own trips, accommodation and tickets.

I genuinely don’t see how anyone with any professional experience would have said this is what we’re announcing, give blatantly bullshit reasons, provide bugger all detail to the grand plan then backflip more than a gymnastics team. Arrogance? Incompetence? Out of touch? I just can’t..
I’ve enjoyed the extra content this season, I watched the SFC doco as I enjoyed watching Corica almost lose his job and seeing losing dressing rooms for Shitney. The all access has also been good so I was also starting to feel positive around it all improving.

I watch most games every week but last season in frustration of the officiating I only watched the Mariners for more than half the season. It’s clear from the reduction in funding the viewing hours last season were very poor. But I can’t believe we signed a contract with less funding if KPI’s were not met when their platform was the biggest turn off for so many last season. That alone should instigate change is required in the APL. Seen an interesting article suggesting the FA might take the league back now the clubs have stuffed it up so bad. Interesting times ahead.

Ads

Victory have been given until Wednesday morning to prove why their fans have not brought the game into disrepute.

Does Victory have a seat on the 5 member APL board?

I couldn’t find the list in old posts.
Will be interesting to see how they compare any possible sanctions to previous examples in Australia or around the world.

Huddo

Victory have been given until Wednesday morning to prove why their fans have not brought the game into disrepute.

Does Victory have a seat on the 5 member APL board?

I couldn’t find the list in old posts.
Will be interesting to see how they compare any possible sanctions to previous examples in Australia or around the world.

Yeah.

But Anthony Di Pietro (who was their representative on the board) resigned from his post after the vote, he claimed conflict of interest as the reason.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...-controversial-a-leagues-finals-deal-with-nsw

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred