• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney to host the Grand Final next 3 years

Corsair

Just read the article with Townsends statement, this guy is so clueless.

These 2 statements are without doubt an open invite and a red flag to a bull to fans at the next games to invade the pitch to prove him wrong, what an utter fool.

“What happened on Saturday was completely different. It was not linked at all,” he said.

“Fans are OK to express their views in a peaceful way, but the way that some individuals conducted themselves at the Melbourne Victory game is not acceptable and I think that is specific to that match.”

Talk about adding fuel to the fire, no understanding of fans at all, he needs to fall on his sword not spin more bullshit.

Last edited:

turbo

These 2 statements are without doubt an open invite to fans at the next games invading the pitch to prove him wrong, what an utter fool.
That would be the most brain dead option anyone could take in that situation. If you'd like the league to go away forever that's a great choice.

Reality is that statement is about isolating some criminal behavior from the peaceful actions across the league. The two can't be part of the same conversation or these thugs can paint themselves as martyrs. There was zero sign of OSM walking out at the 20m mark, clearly some were looking for a reason to do something else whether it was to delay the game and make a statement or go further. There are rumors a pitch invasion was planned in advance. Anyone can see the GF decision was a catalyst but the response is about drawing a clear distinction in the narrative between the few and the other fans.

Corsair

That would be the most brain dead option anyone could take in that situation. If you'd like the league to go away forever that's a great choice.

Reality is that statement is about isolating some criminal behavior from the peaceful actions across the league. The two can't be part of the same conversation or these thugs can paint themselves as martyrs. There was zero sign of OSM walking out at the 20m mark, clearly some were looking for a reason to do something else whether it was to delay the game and make a statement or go further. There are rumors a pitch invasion was planned in advance. Anyone can see the GF decision was a catalyst but the response is about drawing a clear distinction in the narrative between the few and the other fans.
I don't disagree but if you're an extremist this is exactly what you want him to say. I really hope it doesn't happen, IMO the best thing the APL could do at the moment is have someone else address the press instead of him.

Tevor

So what happens in the next games? Like Wednesday night is there another walk out at 20 mins? Just curious what Bay 16 are thinking and if the demonstration will continue for multiple games. I watched both the Sunday games and to be fair with only 3k in attendance a walk if it took place had very little impact so not sure if supporters still intend on peacefully demonstrating throughout the League for the next round and maybe beyond.

FFC Mariner

I read it as "I genuinely dont care how you feel, do what you want. Nothing changes". Sound like fighting words to those so inclined I'd say. Also effectively implied that peaceful fan group protests are kinda cute but will have no effect.

Also, anyone notice the 3rd excuse he has given so far. We have gone from festival of football to survival of the game to investing in women and youth football.
Sydney obviously desperate to keep their hand picked stooge as CEO of their comp.

Horrible lying little scumbag he is

turbo

So what happens in the next games? Like Wednesday night is there another walk out at 20 mins? Just curious what Bay 16 are thinking and if the demonstration will continue for multiple games. I watched both the Sunday games and to be fair with only 3k in attendance a walk if it took place had very little impact so not sure if supporters still intend on peacefully demonstrating throughout the League for the next round and maybe beyond.
Banners were confiscated on Sunday in the wake of the pitch invasions so I would expect that to continue for now. From where I'm standing it feels like protests are dead in the water right now and there's bigger problems to deal with. Maybe the best play here is to take a breath and see what unfolds.

sydmariner

Adelaide United are walking out of their next home game, but our next game is a derby so not sure.

Michael

I'd put a 2 month ban on their supporters at games.

Also I believe there is a suspended sentence from last year (cant remember what for maybe the cavello incident) that will also now play a contributing factor.
There was a cavallo incident with homophobic slurs yelled and an incident when kusini yengi celebrated in front of them and racial slurs were yelled at him

they’re basically a bunch of coward scumbags. Always have been always will be. I’d love a minimum 12month ban on atleast their active support
Surely a point deduction from the suspended sentence.

Jimmy

Just an update on active support.
We had a meeting Sunday night with as many supporter groups as possible.
OSM are exlcuded from all talks and actions, RBB no showed the meeting, The Shed haven't been in contact until now, no one can get in contact with the bull pen. And we are now in contact with numerous Women's supporters groups too.

During the meeting, we condemed the events in Melbourne, hashed out a list of demands, set a deadline for an answer and agreed to go as normal until the deadline was reached.

A joint statement was due to come out tonight.
However, after originally agreeing to the statement. After meeting with WSW bosses, The RBB have confusingly not agreed, mentioning that Danny and the APL want to talk to the groups, their complaint is contradictory to the statement. It's extremely frustrating timing, it hurts us the most as we wanted a clear message set out before our next game.

The idea for our groups is to be united, show unity and show active support in a positive light.

We had started organising something with Terrace Novacastria for Wednesday night, hoping to meet in a bay half way between our groups with message banners that related to the previously released statement. Now that this statement is not coming out (unless something changes today) it kind of f**ks over our plans for Wednesday night.

It's a difficult process when there are so many coggs in the machine, each group has it's own limits, agenda and situations.

Ironbark

I think what happened on the weekend can easily be separated from the grand final protests. DT himself separated it by simply calling them unrelated criminals. Had he pined them as protesters against the sale of the GF he would have undermined all protests.
\
But he separated them (correctly) and now these are 2 different things. Just need to be clear. Which unfortunately Jimmy is now saying just got a lot harder

FFC Mariner

And it seems the invasion was being talked about on the actives Insta account 6 (yes 6) days before the invasion.
134 cops on duty and they failed miserably.
NSW police are no better. Have no understanding of how to manage fans

Omni

3 people have been charged.
THREE! Outrageous!

And it seems the invasion was being talked about on the actives Insta account 6 (yes 6) days before the invasion.
134 cops on duty and they failed miserably.
NSW police are no better. Have no understanding of how to manage fans
The only person I saw stopping someone was a Victory staffer

ryan

Looks like maybe some groups might be thinking along the lines of what’s the point now.
All the good work un-done so go back to enjoying the football, while we still have it. Lol
Well it is now very easy for the APL to dismiss any and all protesters as trouble makers. Those who ran onto the field made it about them and ruined it for everyone. If they had just walked out we would still be talking about the APL decision but they had to be different and here we are.

Jimmy

Just an update on active support.
We had a meeting Sunday night with as many supporter groups as possible.
OSM are exlcuded from all talks and actions, RBB no showed the meeting, The Shed haven't been in contact until now, no one can get in contact with the bull pen. And we are now in contact with numerous Women's supporters groups too.

During the meeting, we condemed the events in Melbourne, hashed out a list of demands, set a deadline for an answer and agreed to go as normal until the deadline was reached.

A joint statement was due to come out tonight.
However, after originally agreeing to the statement. After meeting with WSW bosses, The RBB have confusingly not agreed, mentioning that Danny and the APL want to talk to the groups, their complaint is contradictory to the statement. It's extremely frustrating timing, it hurts us the most as we wanted a clear message set out before our next game.

The idea for our groups is to be united, show unity and show active support in a positive light.

We had started organising something with Terrace Novacastria for Wednesday night, hoping to meet in a bay half way between our groups with message banners that related to the previously released statement. Now that this statement is not coming out (unless something changes today) it kind of f**ks over our plans for Wednesday night.

It's a difficult process when there are so many coggs in the machine, each group has it's own limits, agenda and situations.

We're back on track baby.
Statement out tonight.

FFC Mariner

Think the next tactic is to plY the man not the ball (thank you sir Humphrey)
Disaster Danny would see vulnerable

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred