• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney to host the Grand Final next 3 years

Rising Sun

Think the next tactic is to plY the man not the ball (thank you sir Humphrey)
Disaster Danny would see vulnerable
Whilst old matey has demonstrated unequivocally that he his well out of his depth, he is a symptom of the problem not the cause.

The whole of the APL board needs to stand down and a new governance model put in place.with a largely independent board.

They won't cede power though for fear the league might be run for the benefit of the game as a whole (e.g. all that inconvenient stuff like P/R to an NSD, transfer fees etc) rather than for individual clubs. Going for Scomo Junior as the prime target will give them an easy out - make him the sacrificial lamb to maintain the status quo.

sydmariner

bucket man is band for life.

FFC Mariner

bucket man is band for life.
Poor bloke. Now his mates have to get him a junior membership so he can get in.

MrCelery

Like everyone I was shocked by the events at AAMI Park and hope the full force of the law and sanctions will weed out the idiots.

Having said that I think there is a historical perspective to this that would not be lost on older football fans.

Anyone who was a travelling supporter during the old NSL days would remember many games that had similar violent pitch invasions or fights between rival supporters. I can recall angry fans at away games invading the field and chasing players with the pointy end of corner flags trying to stab them. There were times on away trips where players and supporters buses had rocks and lumps of concrete thrown at them. And the threat of stabbings was always there at some grounds in Melbourne and Sydney. At one Sydney Club I was shocked to see the merchandise for sale was mainly books and videos about the Balkan Wars.

It was one of the main reasons why the NSL was scrapped, overtly ethnic Clubs dumped, and the A-League established.

So in a way we've just had a reminder of what used to be, but this time the reaction of the football community has been very strong, so that is a positive.

The dilemma now is what to do about the imminent re-introduction of Clubs not invited to the A-League by way of a 2nd Division and possible promotion the 1st Division. Good luck with that. Who'd be a football administrator!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Like everyone I was shocked by the events at AAMI Park and hope the full force of the law and sanctions will weed out the idiots.

Having said that I think there is a historical perspective to this that would not be lost on older football fans.

Anyone who was a travelling supporter during the old NSL days would remember many games that had similar violent pitch invasions or fights between rival supporters. I can recall angry fans at away games invading the field and chasing players with the pointy end of corner flags trying to stab them. There were times on away trips where players and supporters buses had rocks and lumps of concrete thrown at them. And the threat of stabbings was always there at some grounds in Melbourne and Sydney. At one Sydney Club I was shocked to see the merchandise for sale was mainly books and videos about the Balkan Wars.

It was one of the main reasons why the NSL was scrapped, overtly ethnic Clubs dumped, and the A-League established.

So in a way we've just had a reminder of what used to be, but this time the reaction of the football community has been very strong, so that is a positive.

The dilemma now is what to do about the imminent re-introduction of Clubs not invited to the A-League by way of a 2nd Division and possible promotion the 1st Division. Good luck with that. Who'd be a football administrator!

f**k me...they didnt like that keeper much , what he do ?

adz

Staff member
giphy.gif

MrCelery

f**k me...they didnt like that keeper much , what he do ?
1985 Pratten Park pitch invasion at Sydney City vs Olympic match. Marshall Soper was sent off after attacking Gerry Gomez, causing the riot. Tony Pezzano joined the fray, as did many players, and he had to run for his life whilst being chased by a 60 year old carrying a medical box over his head. You had to be there.

Wombat

1985 Pratten Park pitch invasion at Sydney City vs Olympic match. Marshall Soper was sent off after attacking Gerry Gomez, causing the riot. Tony Pezzano joined the fray, as did many players, and he had to run for his life whilst being chased by a 60 year old carrying a medical box over his head. You had to be there.

Wogs have a special style and i absolutely love it!! I played against Ararat in a KDSA cup game for North Sydney. They were all Armenian apart from the number 9 who was an Aussie. He was 6ft and im short so i tried to cheat when we contested the ball but got pulled up for fouling a couple of times. The next time i tried to out jump him legit and just head butted him in the back of the head coz he was 6in taller than me. I split his head open and the 200 Armenians on the side line (some with their cars on the sideline lol) went spastic.
The bloke was on the ground had a bit of claret and they brought the bucket and magic sponge on and were not happy. I strolled over and took the sponge off them as i had a small egg over my eye. Dipped it in the bucket and wiped my eye and then threw it dismissively at the supporters. Key chaos lol.
Next 20 minutes i copped shit constantly. Throw ins were lively and my wanker signals were steaming them up.
TBH i pussied out.....i was hungover from the night before and after 45 mins of fun i was bored. I told the manager I was concussed and got back on the drink with a couple of ladies that had come to support.
We lost 1.0 and i felt a bit guilty but i fell in love with Armenians that day. i loved that passion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred