• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney to host the Grand Final next 3 years

turbo

At least on Kayo, every sports fan in Australia has Kayo, so you're half a chance of the Australian sports fan tuning in...
Kayo was not an option. The funding they offered wouldn’t run the NPL nevermind a professional division. The league would have died quickly on that funding. The choices were Stan & 9 or Paramount & 10. That’s the shit Foxtel dropped the league in thanks largely to the FFA neglecting it for years.

Maybe Stan would have been the better option but Stan plus sport is also a fair bit more expensive and you can be sure people would be complaining about 16 or 21 + 10 sport add on per month if the league went that way.

StensnessGOAT

Sure, like I said there wasn’t a heap of options. I don’t think Foxtel really wanted to keep it. But being on Kayo was way better for growing the league than being on Paramount or Stan.

If they were the only options, then there was no good deal for the A-League and the league was f**ked either way. Doesn’t change how bad the deal is though.

They needed to do anything possible to get Ten to embrace it like the Big Bash and broadcast every game on TV, not just one or two a week.

priorpeter

Sure, like I said there wasn’t a heap of options. I don’t think Foxtel really wanted to keep it. But being on Kayo was way better for growing the league than being on Paramount or Stan.

If they were the only options, then there was no good deal for the A-League and the league was f**ked either way. Doesn’t change how bad the deal is though.

They needed to do anything possible to get Ten to embrace it like the Big Bash and broadcast every game on TV, not just one or two a week.
How was being on kayo better for growing the league when they had absolutely zero desire to keep it, let alone put any sort of half-decent offer forward? It wasn’t an option, and they showed their clear disdain for the league in the dying months of their broadcast agreement.

At the time, and on the face of it, the Paramount deal looked like the best option for both fans and the APL, with silverlake committing to over $100m investment in the league, a cheap subscription service for fans, and P+ taking an equity stake so they actually had some skin in the game; one would have thought they’d be desperate to make it work. From a fans perspective yes it was another streaming service but given the only options were Stan or P-, we were kind of in a corner and P- offers a much more attractive price point.

Fast forward however many months and everything looks very different with the benefit of hindsight - Paramount’s UI is a steaming pile of shit with still no ability to pause/rewind/watch from start, and seemingly little promotion of the game on 10 (admittedly I don’t watch that much commercial tv tho). By all accounts the league has spunked the silverlake money already and as a result is pulling new economic levers (see also: current clusterf**k, Dec 2022) to try and dig themselves out.

I was asked earlier today if my finger was hovering over the panic button regarding the Mariners’ form… not just yet, however, with everything that’s transpired over the last 48 hours, it’s kinda hanging over the panic button for the league.

Never thought I’d find myself nostalgic for the days when we were on Fox/Kayo and the FFA were in charge, but here we are.

Ancient Mariner

I think everyone should be happy, the way the APL are running football in Australia.

They are maintaining a proud Australian football tradition of taking massive positivity and hope for the future and then destroying it with dumb decisions which they endlessly try to tell us good in the face of all opposition.

Good to see nothing changes. :rolleyes:

Insertnamehere

I think everyone should be happy, the way the APL are running football in Australia.

They are maintaining a proud Australian football tradition of taking massive positivity and hope for the future and then destroying it with dumb decisions which they endlessly try to tell us good in the face of all opposition.

Good to see nothing changes. :rolleyes:
Its amazing how good the FFA and now the APL are at shooting themselves in the foot and pissing off the fans. Its almost like the fans aren't the main consideration in decision making. Almost....

Tevor

Adz was spot on they legally probably cannot get out of the deal with DNSW without paying a hefty penalty they clearly cannot afford. Good bloke resigning would have just appeased the fans with a sugar hit but the three GF’s were still going to be in Sydney perhaps with the promise it would go back to normal after three years. They clearly have no options but to go ahead with the deal. It will be interesting to see if time heals the wounds. They will be sweating on SFC or WSW being premiers this season because if it’s anyone else they will cop it again. Watch all those VAR decisions go the way of these two clubs now. We will find out on Saturday I guess but it couldn’t be any more bias than against the scum.

FFC Mariner

Apart from angry fans on twitter, the responses are now all PR spin "we dont like it but what can you do?" is the general response from the clubs who benefit from the deal (they all do)

The petition has about 7,500 names - if half of those people walk away they are still miles ahead. Lederer and his cronies from Sydney are happy with it. The Victory bloke voted for it then backflipped. City have no fans so its not relevant for them.

Bring on the NPL

turbo

Adz was spot on they legally probably cannot get out of the deal with DNSW without paying a hefty penalty they clearly cannot afford. Good bloke resigning would have just appeased the fans with a sugar hit but the three GF’s were still going to be in Sydney perhaps with the promise it would go back to normal after three years. They clearly have no options but to go ahead with the deal. It will be interesting to see if time heals the wounds. They will be sweating on SFC or WSW being premiers this season because if it’s anyone else they will cop it again. Watch all those VAR decisions go the way of these two clubs now. We will find out on Saturday I guess but it couldn’t be any more bias than against the scum.
They need to come clean about it then and the fans will still want DT’s scalp. It won’t solve the issue but at least people will feel heard and might be able to move on for now at least. The current message isn’t working

Big Al

How about the minor premiers get the city of Sydney. We just move Sydney to whichever city is minor premiers. No one will miss it and they can throw in Danny Good Bloke.

Then they can keep the money and the fans happy

Dom probably wouldn’t care as long as he gets some votes

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

How about the minor premiers get the city of Sydney. We just move Sydney to whichever city is minor premiers. No one will miss it and they can throw in Danny Good Bloke.

Then they can keep the money and the fans happy

Dom probably wouldn’t care as long as he gets some votes
No such thing as minor premiers

FFC Mariner

I eagerly await the "we understand why people may not like it, hands tied, forces more powerful than ourselves" statement from CCM when it's all too late.

Given that CCS is such a dump we would never get a home GF anyway so it's much less an issue for CCM

Imagine interstate visitors taking a week off work to celebrate Danny's festival and trying to book accommodation in Gosford? Queuing for no chips and flat Carlton at CCS?

?

Ancient Mariner

From the Sydney fans' forum:

"Cove will be putting out a communication about the weekend’s game and their response to the GF hosting decision later today."

Numbers will be down. :(

Insertnamehere

I eagerly await the "we understand why people may not like it, hands tied, forces more powerful than ourselves" statement from CCM when it's all too late.

Given that CCS is such a dump we would never get a home GF anyway so it's much less an issue for CCM

Imagine interstate visitors taking a week off work to celebrate Danny's festival and trying to book accommodation in Gosford? Queuing for no chips and flat Carlton at CCS?

?
Peil was undersigned to the double down statement.
E:Turns out that post has since been deleted and the names all removed and reposted.

bikinigirl

Don’t remember it “killing the game” when we earned hosting rights and didn’t get to host. At least now they’re being honest about it. Changing the deal mid season is the most outrageous part of this.

. but how many still hold a grudge all these years later ... and they're the ones that bothered to stick around

. it may not have killed the game but it did cause damage

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred