• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney to host the Grand Final next 3 years

turbo

It wouldn't be surprising with Danny Townsend involved....

At least now hopefully they won't use the refs to manipulate results so a GF wouldn't be at a stadium they didn't approve of...like ours for example.
Now they can manipulate results to get a local team that might bring supporters instead. They fully deserve a poorly attended game with two out of state teams and egg on their faces.

Ozhammer

This just shows how totally out of touch the APL already is, despite its supposed mandate to make football about the fans. This was one of the A Leagues genuine points of difference with other codes, finals games at the grounds of the teams that had earned the right to host them on the basis of their performances.

Whilst a final at SFS or whatever the hell it is now called isn’t perhaps the end of the world for any fans based in NSW, I can only imagine how pissed out of state fans are feeling about this announcement and they have my sympathy.

DGB is absolutely the wrong bloke to be heading up the new A Leagues era, as is clearly evidenced by the repeated policy failures he continues to preside over.

Rising Sun

The only rational explanation for this decision is that they have wasted so much of the silver lake money on the app on top of the covid costs that they desperately need money at any cost.

The toxic backlash they are copping was highly predictable, meanwhile DGB is doubling down claiming we will all be thanking him for his vision in a few years time

StensnessGOAT

I mean it suits me because I’ll go to the Grand Final now, regardless of who is playing. Just a ridiculous decision though. You can’t make this shit up.

pjennings

It is not only the APL. It is also the State Government. They may as well call themselves Sydney City Council for all they do for the rest of NSW,

It is a fundamentally unfair decision by the APL for every team other than SFC and it is a very Sydney-centric decision for a government that purports to be for all NSW - Destinations - Sydney City.

Danny Townsend - did say he wanted to unite football. Looks like he has - everybody hates this decision.

Big Al

Need to edit the gone to the pub banner to

our emotions have gone to the pub

Danny shit SFC bloke said the fans are to emotional

StensnessGOAT

Have they even confirmed which venue it’ll be held? Will it be SFS or Accor? I think Accor would make the most sense to make it neutral for everyone, but like that place has a shit vibe to be a Grand Final tradition. SFS on the other hand is a brilliant stadium.

And if they haven’t locked in a venue, if Western Sydney are playing do they get to host it in Parra if they qualify? Do Macarthur get to host it at Campbelltown if they qualify, since that’s technically Sydney.

Mate, you genuinely might need to put it at Jubilee Park with some of the match ups that might happen...

I’d understand a bit more if they locked it in with a venue for a period of time. Like the AFL GF is locked into the MCG, not Melbourne. But just locking it into a city makes no sense to me and still leaves so much unclear.

turbo

Have they even confirmed which venue it’ll be held? Will it be SFS or Accor? I think Accor would make the most sense to make it neutral for everyone, but like that place has a shit vibe to be a Grand Final tradition. SFS on the other hand is a brilliant stadium.

And if they haven’t locked in a venue, if Western Sydney are playing do they get to host it in Parra if they qualify? Do Macarthur get to host it at Campbelltown if they qualify, since that’s technically Sydney.

Mate, you genuinely might need to put it at Jubilee Park with some of the match ups that might happen...

I’d understand a bit more if they locked it in with a venue for a period of time. Like the AFL GF is locked into the MCG, not Melbourne. But just locking it into a city makes no sense to me and still leaves so much unclear.
I reckon it’s to allow them to scale it if they haven’t locked one in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami