• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

style_cafe

Playing shit like that is the reason I haven`t been to a Socceroo`s game in over 20 yrs.
Arniie needs to pull his finger out of his arse .
Players like Hrustic, Mclaren, Taggert, Degenek have never achieved for the Socceroos and never will.
Time for new blood before its too late.. :popcorn:

Last edited:

turbo

No but it's the best we are going to get. Aside from Kye or Souttar for Degenek, that's the same players, formation and tactics you are going to see for the entirety of the WC. The blokes that will play on Sunday are only playing for a chance to make up the numbers in Qatar
Rogic will likely come back in too but yeah very underwhelming and we’ll get pumped in Qatar if that’s the level they’re going to play at.

Shit coach playing outdated football and rewarding his favourites.
We need a modern coach
The only silver lining is that we’ll have to dump many of the under performers next cycle as they’ll be too old by the time the WC rolls around again.

Big Al

Realistically who are Cummings and Koul going to push out of the squad.

Think putting them in might be to late to make the squad but I’d think Garang is a better chance of making it as can be a player who can do something special in limited time as Cummings is more a all game type player

turbo

You could drop Leckie and nobody would notice. Taggart has just as much chance of being injured by the time it rolls around and neither he or Jmac look good in the setup, I don’t think Duke is a great pick but at least he puts in the work every time he goes out. Hopefully JC puts in a far less anonymous performance and makes an undeniable case.

there’s enough room to include a mid pretty easily, striker is the tough one to break in to somehow despite how crap we are there.

Melange

There were moments there where Vidmar was just brilliant in comparison with the garbage that's coming out of the AFL.

Paraphrasing here...
On what it means to be a socceroo - everything... this team represents every corner of Australian society.
On Bailey Wright arriving late - Bailey and his wife have just had a child, which is wonderful news, and will only for the second game.

Insertnamehere

Think putting them in might be to late to make the squad but I’d think Garang is a better chance of making it as can be a player who can do something special in limited time as Cummings is more a all game type player
Leckie

Melange

A few things on Arnie for me.
- Our players aren't the standard of years gone by, but they're better than what they are showing playing Arnie's "tactics". I haven't seen progress under him, I don't see what our plan is. Aus vs Peru was like watching two mid to low table ALeague teams. How come in all the years Arnie has coached, we have consistently not been able to provide any decent service to a striker?
- If we are going to "recruit" players who have never stepped foot in Australia they'd better be much much better than locals we have to choose from. Karacic isn't, is Souttar? I think Cum Dingo is. Hrustic is good but, and I know injuries have played their part, Luongo is better.
- He has wasted opportunities to embed young players in the team, he's persisted too long with Mooy/Behich/Grant, sad to say it but also Sains/Rogic. If there are young players close to their ability then you should pick them because the young players always have the potential to improve and surpass the older ones.

Ironbark

- Our players aren't the standard of years gone by, but they're better than what they are showing playing Arnie's "tactics". I haven't seen progress under him, I don't see what our plan is. Aus vs Peru was like watching two mid to low table ALeague teams. How come in all the years Arnie has coached, we have consistently not been able to provide any decent service to a striker?
- If we are going to "recruit" players who have never stepped foot in Australia they'd better be much much better than locals we have to choose from. Karacic isn't, is Souttar? I think Cum Dingo is. Hrustic is good but, and I know injuries have played their part, Luongo is better.
- He has wasted opportunities to embed young players in the team, he's persisted too long with Mooy/Behich/Grant, sad to say it but also Sains/Rogic. If there are young players close to their ability then you should pick them because the young players always have the potential to improve and surpass the older ones.
This for me

Tevor

With the no service to the Striker you need to have a good look at your 10, I don't rate Hrustic and he does not seem to have the capabilities or will to set up players and I see him very much as a hog who tries to be the hero and he manages that occasionally however we need consistency not sporadic moments. I managed to find some stats and in 16 appearances he has 4 assists and 3 goals, that is not great for a 10. Irvine who has played the same amount of games is 5 assists and 5 goals, Irvine got the turn over for the Mabil goal, Hrustic on other hand is not great in keeping possession either.

Arnie said those who started last night are not going to NZ, it will be very interesting to see how different the two games are. Lets see how Devlin, Francois, Baccus and Genrea go in the mids. I've been watching a lot of SPL this year and last weekend watched the St Mirren upset of the Hoops, Baccus played very well so he is in good form. This could turn out OK for Cummings as I feel the different mid field set up may provide better service than the first game. Good to see the commentators were also disappointed in the team selections and play last night.

marinermick

With the no service to the Striker you need to have a good look at your 10, I don't rate Hrustic and he does not seem to have the capabilities or will to set up players and I see him very much as a hog who tries to be the hero and he manages that occasionally however we need consistency not sporadic moments. I managed to find some stats and in 16 appearances he has 4 assists and 3 goals, that is not great for a 10. Irvine who has played the same amount of games is 5 assists and 5 goals, Irvine got the turn over for the Mabil goal, Hrustic on other hand is not great in keeping possession either.

Arnie said those who started last night are not going to NZ, it will be very interesting to see how different the two games are. Lets see how Devlin, Francois, Baccus and Genrea go in the mids. I've been watching a lot of SPL this year and last weekend watched the St Mirren upset of the Hoops, Baccus played very well so he is in good form. This could turn out OK for Cummings as I feel the different mid field set up may provide better service than the first game. Good to see the commentators were also disappointed in the team selections and play last night.

Hrustic is doing well enough at his club. Can’t really blame the 10 when Arnie plays a system that doesn’t get the best out of a ten.

Big Al

I think he is on the decline and his output for City was poor for what you would expect but I think he is definitely a reputation pick and still works hard and has the experience but I agree he should go but won’t happen. Anybody who played last night is safe and that’s a huge worry

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred