• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

booney

My player ratings for last night:

Ryan 7-Had more to do than his NZ counterpart.One very hairy clearance early on nearly resulted in a goal but much improved after that.

Karacic 5-he had difficulty handling Cacace,Just and Garbett when they ran at him.His passing and crossing was ordinary.

Sains 4.5-the opening 15 minutes were a shitshow-he had problems handling the physicality and speed of Woods and de Jong.Improved as game went on but against a better team who could finish he would have struggled.Did score a goal which was unfortunately and possibly wrongly disallowed.

Degenek 5.5.Strong in the air but like Sains probably past his best.

Behich 6.5.Some good combination with Mabil and worked hard but I thought back to his horror game against Japan and shudder to think how he will go up against Mbappe( to be fair most full backs around the world would not relish playing him).

Atkinson 7-an improvement on Karacic and one top covering clearance prevented an almost certain goal.

King was not on long enough to rate.The same goes for Delbridge.

Mooy 7.5 -made himself available and his passing was effective and accurate.Also some excellent defensive work.Lack of pace is a concern but has a good football brain.

Irvine 6.5-as usual a mixed game.Some timely interceptions and good pressing and ball winning to assist Mabil's goal and also the smart header to Sains for the disallowed goal.However several times gave up possession in situations which put our CBs in vulnerable positions.

Boyle 7-was off the pace in the first half but more involved in the second 45 minutes.Love the way he runs at defenders and commits them.

Hrustic 6-frustrating as usual.Skilful and gets involved but often runs too far with ball ignoring players who have made the runs and he should be passing into the spaces they have created.Needs to be in the team for his dead ball skills but is not really the no 10 we need.

Mabil 8.5-best game from him for a long while.He scored an excellent goal but his willingness to take on his defender on the outside was great to see.In previous games he has always cut inside and was too predictable.

Taggart 6-I have never been a fan but did want him to show something in this game as we need a striker who is in form.He worked hard to make space for himself but as mentioned above to little avail as Hrustic was the main offender in ignoring him.As the commentators remarked he looked frustrated when subbed and I felt for him.

Leckie 6.5-still very quick( he was able to keep up with Boyle when the latter made the break which nearly led to Leckie scoring).He was criticised for not converting that chance but did everything right but just thwarted by Sail's fingertip save.He does not have the best technique but is very physical.However I think he will be lucky to make the final squad if JC or Garang can step up.

J Mac 5.5-one good chance at the end but hit straight at the keeper.He is just not suited to the way the team plays despite having a poacher's instincts at A league level.

McGree 6.0-I would like to see him on earlier replacing Hrustic.He looks to have more football nous than Hrustic but has not has the opportunity to really demonstrate it at this level.

Metcalfe 5.5-not sure about him.Is tigerish but is a prime candidate for yellow cards as often mistimesd his tackles.Maybe Devlin is the better bet.

Let's hope JC,Garang,Francois,Devlin,Langerak and Baccus can move the ball with more speed and precision on Sunday

pjennings

No but it's the best we are going to get. Aside from Kye or Souttar for Degenek, that's the same players, formation and tactics you are going to see for the entirety of the WC. The blokes that will play on Sunday are only playing for a chance to make up the numbers in Qatar

I think there is plenty of room for improvement in the squad. I think there are 16 sure picks out of the 26

Goalkeepers (2): Ryan, Langerak.

Defenders (5): Rowles (if fit), Wright, Atkinson, Karacic, Souttar (if fit)

Midfielders (5): Mooy, Irvine, McGree, Rogic (if fit), Hrustic

Forwards (4): Mabil, Boyle, Duke, Taggart

then

(1) Danny vs Redmayne - I would pick Danny (Redmayne trick ahs been shown)
(2) Trent vs Deng - I suspect Trent will make the squad but really is not the player he was.
(3) King vs Elder vs Behich vs Davidson (2 of) - very important spot - not really impressed with the incumbents

Leckie and Maclaren really have not delivered. Leckie works hard like Duke and maybe you can make a case that he adds something to the team but Maclaren is a waste of a spot.

I think we need to add some some players youngsters like Arzani, Garang, Cumdingo. Tilio, Genreau & Francois.

turbo

Is Cummings not fit? Just thinking he didn’t start for us in trials or Australia cup from what I recall. Pretty disgraceful not to give him a proper chance. Duke and Leckie are known quantities, there is no value in playing them especially to start. Even Daggers and Folami would have been better inclusions

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred