• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Throwing bottles in bay 16

Jocwa08

Hey,
I havent been onto this part of the forum before,
but i didnt know where to voice my opinion about this
so if its the wrong spot just tell me.

On the weekend against Scum towards the end of an intense
game, me, my girlfriend, my mate and his girlfriend were hit
by a half full bottle of coke (i kept it and gave it to a scum fan
after) it went all over us, and having payed alot of money for a
jersey, i really dont want it to get stained by coke. We didnt see
who threw it, so we continued to watch the game about 2mins later
another bottle came our way and i hit it before it hit my girlfriend. There
were also a family with young girls next to me and if one of the girls got hit
it could have really hurt them, i seen who threw it this time, and it was a
dirty emo at the front idea never seen him before and he's chucking bottles
at us. Been angry and dissapointed at the match i just left without saying
anything to anyone.

I was just wondering what happens if it does happen again?
Because in the heat of the moment at that game, i could have
went down there and hit him but i didnt cos it woulda ended badly for me.
Cos i was thinking of bringing rodent spray to get all the emo's
that dont stand up and dont care bout the game out of bay 16.

Jeff (LouMacari)

Jocwa, I have sent you a private message about this as it is an extremely important matter that needs to be dealt with. :mad:

99.9% of the bay will agree that throwing missiles is ABSOLUTELY NOT ON AT ANY TIME!  :fireup:

radar

What were you doing to make him throw a bottle at you..?

If that had happened to me, it would have been on for all money.

ashman

i think we need to deal with this bottle issue asap as id hate to see a fellow mariner fan get injured due to the stupidity of others!! ive witnessed incidents first hand. can we do anything about the non-marinator fans who cause trouble and worse yet, not stand and cheer our boys home?? i agree with radar i would of been down there quick smart haha

fish

and we could throw them all at aussiecross adz :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

Jocwa08

radar said:
What were you doing to make him throw a bottle at you..?

If that had happened to me, it would have been on for all money.

Nothing at all i was having a good time with my mates and stuff when the bottle came at us.
I was going to go down there, but my girlfriend said no, i was too disapointed with the match i just let it go (this time)

adz

Staff member
sounds like you already made up your mind... what was the question again?

Jocwa08

adz said:

I was wondering if there was a way that we could deal with bottle throwing were i wouldnt get in sh*t with security, i wont hit them if there was a way were i wouldnt cop a fine or ban, i think we should think of ways and put them into practice semi finals and next year.

loyalist

Jocwa08 said:
adz said:

I was wondering if there was a way that we could deal with bottle throwing were i wouldnt get in sh*t with security, i wont hit them if there was a way were i wouldnt cop a fine or ban, i think we should think of ways and put them into practice semi finals and next year.
imo every one in the bay has a video camera and instead of looking at the game they film others in the bay. this should stop the hooligans out there!

FFC Mariner

Beer showers are not unusual and part and parcel of being in 15/16/17 TBH. Throwing bottles is not on at all and I personally would react badly if someone lobbed one at me.

However, how do we know it came from the bay?? It is possible that it could have been lobbed by someone walking behind the bay.

Self policing is about all we can do because telling security (if you can find one) is pointless. Witness the 4 scum fans who chose to sit in bay 16 before the game.

Jocwa08

Greenpoleffc said:
Beer showers are not unusual and part and parcel of being in 15/16/17 TBH. Throwing bottles is not on at all and I personally would react badly if someone lobbed one at me.

However, how do we know it came from the bay?? It is possible that it could have been lobbed by someone walking behind the bay.

Self policing is about all we can do because telling security (if you can find one) is pointless. Witness the 4 scum fans who chose to sit in bay 16 before the game.

I seen it come from the people at the bottom of the bay there was an emo down there, and he threw it, i wouldnt have said anything if i didnt know who it was or didnt think this was an important matter

marconigirl

Greenpoleffc said:

I must admit though that at one stage on Sat night we started singing "we hate you cause your from Newcastle" etc... (just generally to the Newcastle fans) and 2 police came down between bay 15 and 16 and were trying to find/ asking each other if they could see the Newcastle person we were talking to/about. THis was not long after the 4 scum fan incident...

marconigirl said:
I must admit though that at one stage on Sat night we started singing "we hate you cause your from Newcastle" etc... (just generally to the Newcastle fans) and 2 police came down between bay 15 and 16 and were trying to find/ asking each other if they could see the Newcastle person we were talking to/about. THis was not long after the 4 scum fan incident...

the female officer was given a rather 'friendly' welcome by the marinators during that walk from memory.....

brett

TBH, it's hard to go past the solution that if you pick out the emo that throws a bottle at you, for no reason, go down and make sure they don't do it again.

As already said 99% of people in Marinators make sure bottle throwing doesn't happen.

langdonis

we need to manage who can sit in bay 16...this has to be addressed for next season...the a-league is only going to get stronger and stronger and i think u will agree that the central coast mariners have the best and most loyal fans in the a-league...next year every game will be a capacity crowd...more and more non marinators are going to sit in bay 16 and ruin it for us...they do not deserve to be there and should not sit in OUR bay...im sorry but they are not hardcore...

adz

Staff member
yes, I vote langdonis to be in charge of bay 16 from now on and he can say who comes in and who doesn't

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred