• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Throwing bottles in bay 16

adz

Staff member
I guess I'm out too

langdonis is there a way to become hardcore, or do you have to be born that way?

langdonis

if find it funny that u r always so negaive when i try to turn things into a positive...perhaps instead of playing on my choice of words u should be supportive for a change...perhaps its my fault, i could of said dedicated or passionate...you need to realise i am out for the teams best interests...perhaps yo should be supportive instead of always paying people out for their point of views...

Part_Timer

i dont think your idea of stoppin ppl entering the bay will work, simply because we must grow as a suppoter group and to do that ppl need to come into the bay and try it... hopefully they love it and stay and we grow..saying only hardcore/passionate/dedicated supporters should be there will limit us to around 50/100 with no hope of growth

Jocwa08

The Marinator said:
The people at the bottom of the bay threw it up at towards the mariners at the back....?

Did he have yellow on or a newy shirt?

Niether he had black long hair with a black and white checked bandana, and was wearing a black shirt.

I think there should possibly be a chant for bottle throwers, or everyone yells at them and it might discourage people from throwing them.

I reckon for people to sit in the bay they have to have some kind of yellow on, look at newcastle and sydney their supporters go from the front row to the back and everyone has there colours on, it looks really cool. But with us you got people at the back and some towards the front that wear all the yellow you find and then you got alot of people wearing black or purple, it looks bad for us.

Marquee

The Marinator said:
I reckon for people to sit in the bay they have to have some kind of yellow on, look at newcastle and sydney their supporters go from the front row to the back and everyone has there colours on, it looks really cool. But with us you got people at the back and some towards the front that wear all the yellow you find and then you got alot of people wearing black or purple, it looks bad for us.
Yes it is a good point
it really is annoying when people dont wear yellow in bay 16
it doesnt even have to be mariners shirts
just yellow will do
the problem is that yellow can blend into the crowd abit
the sky blue of sydney really stands out
but im sure we can make ourselves have more visual impact
just need to give people outside this forum abit more awareness about the importance of wearing yellow :pirate:

~Floss~

Jocwa08 said:
I think there should possibly be a chant for bottle throwers, ....

We have a pretty versatile chant that probably covers it (it covers a wide range of different situations).

Goes something like this IIRC:

"Dickhead

Dickhead

Dickhead

Dickhead

Dickhead"

(repeat)

Jocwa08

yellowfidello said:
The Marinator said:
Yes it is a good point
just yellow will do
just need to give people outside this forum abit more awareness about the importance of wearing yellow :pirate:

Like if you look at the newcastle pictures, there is alot of yellow with heaps of patches of different colours, any yellow will do. I seen awesome yellow shirts at Jay Jay's for $5.
I think its strange that the away team supporters can come to our stadium and have more of a colour impact then the home fans

Jocwa08

~Floss~ said:
Jocwa08 said:
I think there should possibly be a chant for bottle throwers, ....

We have a pretty versatile chant that probably covers it (it covers a wide range of different situations).

Goes something like this IIRC:

"Dickhead

Dickhead

Dickhead

Dickhead

Dickhead"

(repeat)

Yea that sounds good, i know if everyone in the bay was chanting that to me id wana stop whatever i was doing and make sure i didnt do it again.

FFC Mariner

True but if you were the sort of f**kwit that was prepared to lob a bottle then being called a dickhead is probably happens a fair bit.

If someone chucks a bottle, the range of potential responses include:

1) A good kicking

2) Being dragged out and presented to security

3) A quiet word in the ear of one of our wonderful boys/girls in blue

dibo

Jocwa08 said:
yellowfidello said:
The Marinator said:
Yes it is a good point
just yellow will do

Like if you look at the newcastle pictures, there is alot of yellow with heaps of patches of different colours, any yellow will do. I seen awesome yellow shirts at Jay Jay's for $5.
I think its strange that the away team supporters can come to our stadium and have more of a colour impact then the home fans

when we're up there we make more colour impact too. and our noise is better because we're free of hangers on. perfectly normal. our crowd actually has better colour to it than any of the others i think - it's a very yellow looking crowd. adelaide and queensland are the only ones that get close.

dibo said:
when we're up there we make more colour impact too. and our noise is better because we're free of hangers on. perfectly normal. our crowd actually has better colour to it than any of the others i think - it's a very yellow looking crowd. adelaide and queensland are the only ones that get close.

yeh the yellow by rights should stand out!! but yeah would have been better of we got red.. i was pissed with adelaide for that

loyalist

The Marinator said:
dibo said:

yeh the yellow by rights should stand out!! but yeah would have been better of we got red.. i was pissed with adelaide for that
You were pissed with adelaide keeping the colours that their club was formed with?

nomes

yeah last time the scummers came and they sat next to bay 16 (terrible idea) i ended up at the doctors the next morning, as when masterfoods handed out tomato sauce to everyone someone threw an opened bottle of that and it got in both eyes and it wasnt pretty. i could expect it from the scummers, but no way would i tolerate it from our own kind. it is very dissapointing to hear this, and i know how it feels so i hope your okay! shame on you whover threw it. Beer..is an exception as it is a celebration.

Timmah

Not impressed by those Marinators throwed not-unravelled streamers at the Nix goalie last night. Very sad to see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred