• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

tokyo 2020

true believer

Yep massive bus parked that didn’t pay off, first was surprised by the unchanged line up now three players out for Egypt in a must win game. Five at the back and they get a header it’s a pretty bad way to concede, could have accepted a worldly but just a defence mistake brings it all undone. Massive game on Wednesday, don’t know what to expect of Egypt
their a good side typical arabic counter attacking football .then hang 10 men off the bar .
the unchanged line up was madness .when mcgree came out at half time you could see he was f'kd .
watts , tillio and d'agastino should have started

booney

Disappointing but only losing 1 nil was a bonus.Spain were technically way above us-not surprising as most play in la liga .Their pressing and monstering of our midfield was impressive-McGree and Generau were under pressure every time they had the ball,hence many poor passes.Arzani showed some attacking prowess particularly ion the first half and got back to help the defenders.

Souttar and Atkinson were strong in defence -shame about the latter's second yellow.Rowles played well ion his cameo but could not cut out the cross to the goalscorer who took his chance well.

Egypt will be difficult but beatable.

Ben10

Bryan Gil, who came off the bench for Spain the other night and looked great down the left hand side, has just joined Tottenham from Sevilla for a bucketload of cash. Looking at the big picture HOW GOOD is this Aussie team doing, the A-League has done something right. Put a couple past Egypt and anything can happen in knockout games ?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...sevilla-with-erik-lamela-joining-spanish-side

marinermick

Bryan Gil, who came off the bench for Spain the other night and looked great down the left hand side, has just joined Tottenham from Sevilla for a bucketload of cash. Looking at the big picture HOW GOOD is this Aussie team doing, the A-League has done something right. Put a couple past Egypt and anything can happen in knockout games ?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...sevilla-with-erik-lamela-joining-spanish-side

The combined team value for Spain on Transfer Market was $900 million and for the Aussies $22 million. Fourteen Spanish players had individual values more than the Aussies combined.

style_cafe

The combined team value for Spain on Transfer Market was $900 million and for the Aussies $22 million. Fourteen Spanish players had individual values more than the Aussies combined.
It goes to show you how inflated the European market is and also how underated our players are.. :popcorn:

Ben10

This. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Also, while I'm here, this is the team I would be starting against Egypt. Thoughts?

Glover
Pierias - Deng - Souttar - King
Genreau Metcalf
Tilio Watts Arzani
D'Agostino

Would also love to see Piscopo feature at some point or even start.

scottmac

Suspended

Don't even need to beat Egypt to get through. A draw will do but puts us against Brazil more than likely.

booney

Also, while I'm here, this is the team I would be starting against Egypt. Thoughts?

Glover
Genreau Metcalf
Tilio Watts Arzani
D'Agostino

Pretty well what I think Arnie will put out.Genreau did not go well against Spain but my have more room against Egypt-if he is not going well bring on Baccus.I also would like to see Piscopo given a run.

turbo

Glover
Genreau Metcalf
Tilio Watts Arzani
D'Agostino

Do we go more aggressive with that backline or defensive and shift Deng to RB, Rowles with Souttar in CB?

Ben10

Arnie has shown he can play three at the back, which doesn't have to be defensive at all, quite the opposite.
Drop Genreau to the bench and bring kye in.

--------------Glover---------------
------Deng--Souttar--Rowles-----
Pierias-------------------------King
--------------Metcalf---------------
Tilio--------- Watts--------- Arzani
------------D'Agostino------------

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads