• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1. FC Nrnberg

happy

We are playing Mainz, a fellow promoted team, away this afternoon.
Mainz started really well into the season, a lot better than we did.

There won't be any changes in the squad, just Mintal who has a flu had to stay at home

As we just had won 2 away matches in 2009 I will be very glad if could at least draw. unfortunately, I won't watch the match today....

happy

dibo said:
down 1-0. it keeps getting worse.

didn't watch the match
but from what I heard and read, the ref denied us the equaliser scored in the 88th minute and a penalty because of handball... (the ref said the goal was offside, but it wasn't)

this denied goal was the 3rd one this season, in just 12 matches... we could have 5 more points...

dibo

god...

the bits and pieces i've seen they really haven't been that bad, but they've been very unlucky and it seems that when they get behind they're staying there.

happy

It actually has nothing to do with Nrnberg, but this is a real tragedy for the whole Bundesliga

Germany goalkeeper Robert Enke dies in apparent suicide

32-year-old died after being hit by a train
Enke's two-year-old daughter died of a heart ailment in 2006

Robert Enke, the Hannover and Germany goalkeeper, has died after being hit by a train, according to police in Germany, who say they believe he may have committed suicide.

The 32-year-old's two-year-old daughter died of a heart ailment in 2006, and his club president Martin Kind has today said that the goalkeeper had been "unstable" recently.

Enke, who had eight caps for Germany and was expected to be a part of their squad for next summer's World Cup in South Africa, had been diagnosed with a bacterial stomach ailment several weeks ago but played last weekend for Hannover. He had not been selected for Germany's friendlies against Chile on Saturday and Ivory Coast on Wednesday.

After Hannover president Kind confirmed his death, German police released a statement saying a man had been fatally injured after being hit by a train on Tuesday evening.

"The victim is apparently national team goalkeeper Robert Enke from Hannover 96," ta media officer for the Niedersachsen police told Reuters. "The first police indications are that it was a suicide."

The German FA (DFB) also issued a statement which read: "The German team has learned of the death of Robert Enke with great shock. National team coach Joachim Loew and manager Oliver Bierhoff said 'we are all shocked, we are speechless'."

DFB president Theo Zwanziger said the federation was in mourning. "Our feelings go out to his wife and family.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/10/robert-enke-germany-died

It is now confirmed that he committed suicide.

I am really shocked. He was one of the most "human" football players in Germany. Hopefully, he is now reunited with his daughter.

R.I.P. :'( :'(

happy

Unbelievable but true...
we won our away match to Wolfsburg who are German champions 3:2
this was one of the best matches I have seen in the last months

the result could have easily been 7:6 for us as well

we are now at 12 points and play Freiburg at home next weekend

Ranyen

I watched that game too. Was a great game.

I noticed Wolfsburg all wore black armbands. Assuming in honour of Robert Enke.

happy

fedelt said:
happy said:
fedelt said:
watched it.. was a great match

do you think that Schfer and Wolf should have got a red card?

the fly-kick definitely should have been a red.. didn't even get anything did he?

nah, he didn't get anything...just a free kick for Wolfsburg...
Schfer is likely to get suspended as there is a DFL (German football league) "trial" on that scene... I think we might play without him until winter break (4 games until then) :( the verdict is expected either today or tomorrow...

happy

Ranyen said:
I watched that game too. Was a great game.

I noticed Wolfsburg all wore black armbands. Assuming in honour of Robert Enke.

all clubs of Bundesliga 1 and 2 wore black armbands on that matchday, so we did too
you are right, it was in honour of Robert Enke as this was the first matchday after he committed suicide

happy

We are playing Freiburg at home this afternoon. Honestly, this match is a must-win :) Freiburg lost 6:0 at home to Bremen last week and miss their best 2 defenders today

we have toplay without our keeper Schfer as he has been suspended for 4 matches because of the kick in the nuts of Misimovic last week. So we will miss him until the winter break :(

more than 40,000 tickets are already sold for this match. I think it could be a sold out match as the weather is quite good -  5C, sunshine, clear blue sky  ;D - for this time of year...

happy

I thought the Mariners match was bad but I was wring - ours was even worse!!! didn't have a single goal scoring chance until the 88th mins. we started playing in the last 5 mins but overslept (don't know if this is the right expression ???) the rest of the match...

therefore, we lost 1:0...

Vidosic was the first substitute and came on the pitch after 60mins...

happy

We are going to play Dortmund away tomorrow.
We need to gain at least a draw but this will be very hard to achieve....

Vidosic will not be in the squad. don't know why... :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred