• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1. FC Nrnberg

happy

new year, same procedure as last year :(

we lost 1:0 away to Schalke who scored with just having 1 real chance which led to a goal
we missed twice and just hit the post...

we are now 6 points behind the 15th spot... a win next week is needed urgently

Vidosic wasn't in the squad

dibo

Schalke is a good side challenging for the league, circumstances aside that's not a terrible result. I hope the good efforts start translating to good results beforeit's too late!

happy

Now it is official - no more Aussie left in Nrnberg :(

Vidosic is on loan to Duisburg (Bundesliga 2) until the end of the season

happy

Today is our first home match this year. We are playing Eintracht Frankfurt at 3.30pm CET.
We desperately need a win otherwise it's going to be even tougher/harder to avoid relegation.

The line up is the same as in last weeks defeat at Schalke but Pinola is suspended due to his 5th yellow card this season.

Today is the first match after the rebuilding of the Nordkurve. The capacity is now up to 48,553; it was 46,780 before.

dibo

1-1 overnight. Not quite what the doctor ordered. 

Happy - what have they done with the Nordkurve? More seats, more standing or both?

Seems odd to me that they've improved it again only 4 years after the world cup renovations. 

happy

As you know the Ultras used to be in the upper stand, bay 8. During the last season some security issues arose. When the Ultras jumped the stand shook; not as much as in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrgEiZ9fPk4 but still a lot. Therefore, the first 3 rows were closed due to the safety of the attendance (the same happened in the away area).
Der Club has been given a charge that the Ultras either have to sit down and stop jumping or to leave to a different bay. This had to be done until the end of the year 2009.

So the Ultras, der Club and several other supporters groups agreed on a new structure for the Nordkurve.
The Ultras are now in the standing areas 9 and 11 which has become 1 bay and bays 3 and 1 (the ones directly below my place) have been changed into standing areas as well.

So the rebuilding was not a just for fun action but for the safety.

happy

dibo said:
that's fair enough i reckon! more standing areas is no bad thing either.

you're right. however, I don't think that more seats weren't necessary as crowds are declining...

happy

dibo said:
i'm not surprised given the form. it's a long shot to avoid the elevator again...

we won't avoid it this season.
it's really depressing to watch this... actually, the matches are not worth any comment at all as it is the same every week :(

dibo

from what i've seen there's enough quality out there to stay up, it's just that the mental side is all wrong - as soon as things are going badly it's like the players go 'oh shit, here we go again' and it's all over.

happy

honestly, I don't think that we have enough quality to to stay up in Bundesliga 1.
we have scored just 1 goal in the last 6 matches... we don't have an offensive midfield that is able to create at least some offensive football and chaces to score... yesterday was pretty embarassing, especially in the 2nd half, where we created not a single chance to score...

happy

dibo said:
is there any money available for january transfers?

no, not really...
as we have 30 players in the squad it is not realistic that we will get a new player.
so we first need to get rid of some players but noone wants them...

we just got/contracted Breno and Ottl on loan as Bayern Munich still pays their salaries and doesn't charge a loan fee...

happy

We are playing Hanover away later this afternoon.
It is the same as in the last weeks - we need a win!
The line up is the same as last week except our captain as he is suspended due to 5 yellow cards; Pinole will be back

happy

indeed, it keeps us alive but nothing more than that
was a quite good match from us judging from the last performances; Hanover was very poor
we had 3 chances to score and Bunjaku made all 3 :)

we are playing Stuttgart at home next Saturday evening

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred