• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1. FC Nrnberg

happy

dibo said:
A win against Berlin would certainly help! They're last, but I'm pessimistic - just like Leverkusen I kinda have this nagging fear that when there's a chance to take an advantage they'll bugger it up...

dibo, you know Nrnberg really well :)
pretty sure this is going  to happen. but here's hope that we won't lose to Berlin.

The sad news is that Breno (who was our best defender since he has joined in January) is definitely out for the rest of the season (and has to go back to Munich afterwards :()

dibo

Obviously FCN won, and good thing too as Hannover beat Frankfurt. Der Club is still 1pt clear of Hannover and only 3pts behind Bochum and Kln. They've also got a bit of form now - 8pts from the last 4 games.

happy

:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:
what a match

in the first 30mins Berlin had 5 chances to score but either Schfer or the post prevented it... as we didn't do anything for the offense and weren't stable in the defense we conceeded the 1:0 after a corner
the 1st half was one of the worst I have seen this season

the 2nd half started as the 1st one with Hertha trying to score the 2:0
but after a corner Bunjaku headed the ezqualizer and we were back in the match
we had a couple of real good chances to make the 2:1 but it lasted til stoppage time when Charisteas finally scored :)

honestly, it was a really undeserved win for us but nobody cares about it :)

happy

Today is the 1st time that I will go to the stadium since 9 weeks.
We are playing Hoffenheim at home.

happy

what a boring match - at least we won 1 point as we played 0:0
next week we are playing Bremen away

dibo

9 pts and unbeaten in the last 5. Pretty much the form team of the bottom of the table.

happy

The football association DFB announced the punishment for the incident with the flares when we played Bochum away a couple of weeks ago

We have to pay 40k EURO to the youth welfare office of the city of Nrnberg. Moreover, we are not allowed to sell any tickets for the guest standing areas when we play Hamburg and Freiburg away (the last 2 away matches this season) and compensate the damage Freiburg and Hamburg have for not selling those tickets.
So we are just allowed to buy tickets for the seating bays of the guest areas. A ticket for the away match at Hamburg is now 72 EURO

happy

tuftman said:
apparently 100 Hertha fans tried to invade the pitch and attack the players after losing 2-1 :O

Hertha got punished for that incident as well
all season ticket holders who have tickets in the fan area have to stay at home at the match against Stuttgart and Hertha is just allowed to let 25k people in the stadium for that match

happy

We are playing Bremen away at the upcoming weekend
Bremen are playing their 4th match within 12 days so we might have a little chance to get at least 1 point

Bremen won the Cup semifinal on Tuesday

happy

We lost 4:2 away to Bremen. Were 1:0 down after just 43seconds, and 3:0 at half time. Our 2nd half was a lot better than the 1st. Consequently, we scored twice so it was 3:2 after a penalty. While trying to score the equalizer Bremen made their 4th goal.

The defeat does not have any disadvantages as Hanover and Bochum lost as well, Berlin drawed and Freiburg will hopefully lose this afternoon.

We have 6 matches left to play, 4 at home and 2 away (to Freiburg and Hamburg).

dibo

Freiburg drew, which doesn't help as they sneak a little closer. Bochum losing to Eintracht Frankfurt is good though - there's another side to chase.

The run in:
Mainz (home) - Fellow promoted side doing better than we are. Giving them a touch up to show we're not so bad and give us a better chance at survival would be just lovely
Wolfsburg (home) - The defending champions have already lost their title and will probably miss Europe. That won't stop them being very very difficult.
Freiburg (away) - Must win. No excuses. Consign them to the drop. It's dog eat dog and we have to knock off the 2009 2nd Division champs.
Borussia Dortmund (home) - Form team of the league. Minimise the damage.
Hamburg (away) - Challenging for Europe, but having a typically Hamburg season - just as likely to thrash us as inexplicably roll over and cop a dreadful loss. Let's hope it's the latter.
Cologne (home) - With luck, by this time we're competing with them for 13th or so, safe in the knowledge the drop and playoffs are below us. If we're not so lucky, it could be a desperate battle for survival...

happy

midfielder said:
Looks like you will stay up

I really hope so
Imo all depends on the match against Freiburg. If we win that we'll stay up, if not it will get very difficult

happy

dibo said:
The run in:
Mainz (home) - Fellow promoted side doing better than we are. Giving them a touch up to show we're not so bad and give us a better chance at survival would be just lovely

Mainz have to play without their best (and nearly only) striker Banc as he is still suspended. As long as we manage to score 1 goal the chances are really good to get 3 points.
The stadium will be nearly sold out due to Easter Saturday and Volksfest , which is some kind of fair, in Nrnberg. Traditionally, the numbers go up when there is the Volksfest :)

dibo said:
Wolfsburg (home) - The defending champions have already lost their title and will probably miss Europe. That won't stop them being very very difficult.

Good chances regarding that match as well. Wolfsburg never looked good when playing in Nrnberg. A point would be great.

dibo said:
Freiburg (away) - Must win. No excuses. Consign them to the drop. It's dog eat dog and we have to knock off the 2009 2nd Division champs.

Definitely a must win. This match is going to be the "do or die" one. Depending on the match, 1 point will be great. I think that we should avoid losing at any means.

dibo said:
Borussia Dortmund (home) - Form team of the league. Minimise the damage.

Quite a long time ago that we won against Dortmund at home. So anything else than a defeat will be a surprise. But you'll never know :)

dibo said:
Hamburg (away) - Challenging for Europe, but having a typically Hamburg season - just as likely to thrash us as inexplicably roll over and cop a dreadful loss. Let's hope it's the latter.

Hard to predict. Regarding our recent history in Hamburg, I don't think that we will gain anything up there. I think Hamburg wins unless the several quarels they (Hamburg) have at the moment will continue (CEO against the coach, players against the coach, coach against van Nistelrooy etc.)

dibo said:
Cologne (home) - With luck, by this time we're competing with them for 13th or so, safe in the knowledge the drop and playoffs are below us. If we're not so lucky, it could be a desperate battle for survival...

I really hope that it is decided at that match day in either way.
Haven't looked that well against Cologne in the last few matches. On the other hand, anything can happen on the last match day.

midfielder

Happy

Looking at the table  ... Freiburg ... seems to be the make or break season match... but you do have a 5 goal buffer in your favour on for and against...

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/tabelle/index.php

happy

midfielder said:
Happy

Looking at the table  ... Freiburg ... seems to be the make or break season match... but you do have a 5 goal buffer in your favour on for and against...

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/tabelle/index.php

I agree with you. The match next week will be the key for the fight against relegation.
5 goals sounds a lot but as I said before, we once got relegated because of the goal difference - so I don't want to rely on the 5 goals

We are playing Wolfsburg at home on Sunday. I watched their match against Fulham yesterday and honestly, I'd say that we could win :) they weren't that good...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred