• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1. FC Nrnberg

happy

same s***, different day...

we lost 4:0 away to Dortmund, it was 3:0 at half time. I am speechless about the performance of the "team". not worth to mention...

we are playing Hamburg at home next Saturday and then away to Cologne

I doubt that we gain one more point until the winter break :( if we continue playing like we did on Saturday

happy

We are playing Hamburg at home this afternoon.
Actually,we need a win but I am not confident at all. Maybe, if we lose, our coach will be fired which I personally hope...

Won't watch this match though

Jimmy

happy said:
Actually,we need a win but I am not confident at all. Maybe, if we lose, our coach will be fired which I personally hope...

Can't believe he's still there.

happy

Jimmy said:
happy said:

Can't believe he's still there.

the club can't afford his comensation payment that's why he is still there. In fact, we are in debts.

the club is that much in debt that it doesn't get a credit from the bank for financing a new building. therefore, it issued a bond that can be unterwritten by the fans. it expires in 6 years time and offers an interest rate of 6% p.a....

happy

We suffered the 2nd 4:0 defeat in a row. this time at home against Hamburg. Can't say anything about the match as I wasn't in the stadium.

We are playing Cologne away next Sunday.
As the coach won't be sacked this week (according to some statements of the president) I really hope this will be his last match though.

happy

Today is the last match day before the winter break. We are playing Cologne away at 5.30pm

I don't have much hope that we gain at least 1 point. Although we need 3 points quite urgently, I think that a defeat is better as we would most likely get rid of the coach...
So, I don't know what is better? Winning and keep the coach or losing and get rid of the coach...

Anyway, some players will move to other clubs during the upcoming transfer window.

dibo

down 3-0. that's 11-0 across three weeks. oenning can't have long left, but who can take over?the players have to take some responsibility as well...

happy

Some news:
The team is back on training since Dec 28. The new coach Dieter Hecking (former coach of Hanover) cut short 6 days of the player's holiday so they had to be back in the old year

We also have some changes in the squad:
- Peer Kluge is likely to move to Schalke
- Dario Vidosic and Matthew Spiranovic are likely to leave on loan (no news on that as they are in Kuwait; no idea when they'll be back)

- Breno, Brasilian defender, joins us on loan from Bayern Munich
- Andreas Ottl, defensive midfielder (Bayern Munich) is said to join on loan as well
- rumour: Roy Makaay, striker, Feyenoord Rotterdam, former Bayern Munich player, will join Nrnberg as well

I don't have any idea who else will leave
The team is flying to Turkey for a trainings camp tomorrow (Saturday) and I suppose a lot of transfer issues will be sorted out until they are back.

Season continues on Jan 17 with the away match to Schalke

marinermick

happy said:
- Dario Vidosic and Matthew Spiranovic are likely to leave on loan (no news on that as they are in Kuwait; no idea when they'll be back)

no surprise with this one

they need to keep playing to keep their world cup hopes alive

happy

marinermick said:
happy said:

no surprise with this one

they need to keep playing to keep their world cup hopes alive

not sure if they still want to move now that we got the new coach
I suspect that they have to go (order given from the club) as we now have too many players in the squad (30+)

happy

Part_Timer said:
both....striker  who loves to score 2 a game would be ncie

we don't have a striker who can do this... that's why we probably get Roy Makaay...

we've scored only 12 goals in 17 matches... but conceeded 32

happy

just an update on our transfer activities

- Breno and Ottl arrived at the trainings camp in Turkey; both are on loan until the end of the season

- Peer Kluge, our best player so far, moved to Schalke 04 for 1,5 million
- todays paper write that Matt Spiranovic will move on loan to a club based outside of Germany; no mention of the club
- no news on Dario so far

happy

Aussie no. 1 is gone :(

Mathew Spiranovic moves on loan to Urawa FC, Japan. He will stay there until the end of the year 2010; Urawa has an option to buy him after this period of time.
Urawa FC is coached by a German, Volker Finke.

Good luck and all the best for him!

happy

The 2nd leg of the season starts for us today as well.
We are playing Schalke away at 3.30pm CET this afternoon. Regarding yesterdays results, we need a win as both Berlin and Stuttgart as well as Bochum have won.

Peer Kluge, who was our best player in the first 17 matches plays for Schalke today whereas Breno and Ottl may get a starting spot in our team. Our keeper Raphael Schfer is back after his suspension which will give our defence a bit more stability.
However, we haven't made a single transfer for our offense  ::)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred