• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2022/2023 Memberships

Corsair

Wife wants to watch the Foo Fighters tribute to Taylor Hawkins, apparently on Paramount..... which we've paid for and don't have access to....

Corsair

Did the prices go up on the member store? I'm sure I had 3 things a week ago for 40 and now I can only afford 2 plus shipping?

This went from really great to pretty shit very quickly?

Iain Shand

Did the prices go up on the member store? I'm sure I had 3 things a week ago for 40 and now I can only afford 2 plus shipping?

This went from really great to pretty shit very quickly?
Genuine question - how does the change make it pretty shit suddenly?

You still get a choice of 25+ items, can still get as many items as you want, you just may have to pay for some of it which was the same as before. I myself paid $40 odd today for the items I wanted to send to my family back home and a few friends here.

The prices were changed by myself as there was an error and therefore the incorrect prices were live for the first 48 hours. People who got their items early on got lucky and got more than they should have. Good on them. The prices being as low as they were wasn't sustainable.

Even with the change - the website is still brilliant (admittedly i am biased). We are one of two clubs in the league that have it and it will grow over the seasons to come as I develop it further.

I understand it's annoying to go from getting 3 items to only 2 at no cost. But it doesn't make the website pretty shit per say.

Corsair

Genuine question - how does the change make it pretty shit suddenly?

You still get a choice of 25+ items, can still get as many items as you want, you just may have to pay for some of it which was the same as before. I myself paid $40 odd today for the items I wanted to send to my family back home and a few friends here.

The prices were changed by myself as there was an error and therefore the incorrect prices were live for the first 48 hours. People who got their items early on got lucky and got more than they should have. Good on them. The prices being as low as they were wasn't sustainable.

Even with the change - the website is still brilliant (admittedly i am biased). We are one of two clubs in the league that have it and it will grow over the seasons to come as I develop it further.

I understand it's annoying to go from getting 3 items to only 2 at no cost. But it doesn't make the website pretty shit per say.
Pretty shit is a bit harsh tbf, it is annoying though when you've seen the cheaper prices previously. I must have looked at it when it was really good value (mistake) hence my earlier comment that it was fab. The annoying thing now is the pricing is a bit steep on some of the stuff I'm interested in, $17.50 + shipping is pretty expensive for a stubby holder. But the irritating thing is at $40 credit there's not much that's obviously available as 2 items I want + shipping in that range.

Maybe I shouldn't be such a tight wad, it's just that when you've seen stuff at one price and you come back to buy it and see it's more you're bound to be disappointed...I should have been quicker on the draw....

Edit: I do still really like the concept

Last edited:

Iain Shand

Pretty shit is a bit harsh tbf, it is annoying though when you've seen the cheaper prices previously. I must have looked at it when it was really good value (mistake) hence my earlier comment that it was fab. The annoying thing now is the pricing is a bit steep on some of the stuff I'm interested in, $17.50 + shipping is pretty expensive for a stubby holder. But the irritating thing is at $40 credit there's not much that's obviously available as 2 items I want + shipping in that range.

Maybe I shouldn't be such a tight wad, it's just that when you've seen stuff at one price and you come back to buy it and see it's more you're bound to be disappointed...I should have been quicker on the draw....
Totally understand the frustration and do apologise for the error giving false hope in a way. You don't have to spend the credits now. You have until April to use them to take your time in what you pick.

bikinigirl

Totally understand the frustration and do apologise for the error giving false hope in a way. You don't have to spend the credits now. You have until April to use them to take your time in what you pick.

. any chance you could extend the credits into the new membership year then?
  • more people would be able to get what they want
  • opportunity to minimise postage costs
  • greater range may be available
  • may encourage people to renew earlier
  • benefits this season's cashflow

Iain Shand

. any chance you could extend the credits into the new membership year then?
  • more people would be able to get what they want
  • opportunity to minimise postage costs
  • greater range may be available
  • may encourage people to renew earlier
  • benefits this season's cashflow
Nope. You get new credits for each season and it resets automatically at the end of each year. Continuing credits from one year to the next is basically me hemorrhaging the business. So wont ever happen.

bikinigirl

Nope. You get new credits for each season and it resets automatically at the end of each year. Continuing credits from one year to the next is basically me hemorrhaging the business. So wont ever happen.

. disagree completely on the haemorrhaging comment (because you can still put a 'use-by' date on it) - i still think it is beneficial to the business to delay the cashflow outgoing for a year. more money spent on postage means less 'marketing material' being purchased

... but, hey, it's not my decision

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Clark