• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar.

style_cafe

How can you overturn an offside call to pay a goal? Surely once the flag goes up it can’t count because then the defenders would/could stop. Like in cricket when Adam Voges was bowled off what was called a no ball on field that shouldn't have been, but it can’t be reversed because when the umpire sticks his arm out that could impact what happened.
The similarities are astounding.
However,in football just because the assistants flag goes up, it doesn`t mean a player is offside... :popcorn:

Tevor

I’ve noticed in general the assistants are flagging offside a lot quicker than we experience in the A league where they wait to avoid this scenario. Shows that whilst we get annoyed with the delay it is in fact better to allow close calls to proceed for a while. I get your point though Essendon.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

How can you overturn an offside call to pay a goal? Surely once the flag goes up it can’t count because then the defenders would/could stop.
Play the whistle.
Play the whistle.
Play the whistle.

Want me to say it again? ;-)

Everybody is taught that when they start playing as a kid - if any player stops without a whistle, that's on them.

You would have seen this as local level though where waving down an AR flag is more common, due to widely varying levels of skill and experience at grassroots.

The AR flag is simply presenting an opinion to the referee.

Can't compare it to your no-ball situation in cricket as it's completely different. For one, there's no whistle in cricket that clearly marks when play has stopped.

Wombat

Pretty average from England tbh. Wales are woeful. I am happy for the 3 points and a clean sheet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Clark