• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2023/24 Memberships

Ancient Mariner

I suspect that there is still a lot of negotiations with stadium management over seats. I have a lot of sympathy for the Club and those trying to deal with it.
At the same time I am totally pissed off with loosing my long held block of prawn sandwich, best seats in the house, and am liable to lash out mindlessly no matter whose fault it is.
Keep your heads down and watch out for ricochets.

dlanod

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this fairly commonplace in Europe? You can be a club member, and/or a season ticket holder?
Very common in the AFL too (been it for the Brisbane Lions for years), but the way it's been communicated here leaves a lot to be desired because even I've been confused and I should be used to it. It's a lot simpler to just list a "supporters membership" or whatever you want to call it as a separate option, rather than trying to package it as two separate concepts, e.g. membership + seating, that you do or don't join together.

Kilsin

So as a member I cant renew yet? Messaging is somewhat confused
You can. I was confused too but after signing in and going to my account, I was able to click "Renew" and get an early bird discount for my usual seat in Bay 7. It was $359 for Gold which is pretty good compared to last year.

gemkayem

Very common in the AFL too (been it for the Brisbane Lions for years), but the way it's been communicated here leaves a lot to be desired because even I've been confused and I should be used to it. It's a lot simpler to just list a "supporters membership" or whatever you want to call it as a separate option, rather than trying to package it as two separate concepts, e.g. membership + seating, that you do or don't join together.
Yeah not really sure why it was changed from last season - I bought a 'supporter membership' aka non ticketed last year, only $30. I see why they are pushing that again but it was a bit confusing the way it was communicated.

FFC Mariner

OK - this is simply for the membership component - the comms on this have been "poor" shall we say?

I rang and the ever helpful Charlies was all over it - renewed season ticket and added the AFC cup package on top.

Easy

adz

Staff member
I moved a few posts from last season membership thread into here FYI anyone looking for their posts.

The wording on the memberships and season tickets is a bit muddled this year IMO and a bit confusing but I can understand why they did it. From day one there has been a bit of a fuss made about the word membership and it being "just a season ticket" or whatever. I really think all that noise should have been ignored as the whole idea of being a member for $36 and then buying a season ticket seems silly to me.

I think (and someone yell at me if I'm wrong) it's pretty common (across different clubs, sports) to have different levels of membership, some have tickets for the whole season or part of the season, some don't have any tickets, but it's all about memberships. Just pick the option that suits your needs.

Yeah not really sure why it was changed from last season - I bought a 'supporter membership' aka non ticketed last year, only $30. I see why they are pushing that again but it was a bit confusing the way it was communicated.

I'm glad you said this because I thought I was going a bit nuts as I was sure we had a non-ticketed membership option last year, but we seem to be pushing the idea of 2 products now "membership" and "season ticket".

IMO it would have been easier to have a couple more membership options or just make a clear option to be a member without having tickets. Although again I thought that was already pretty clear. My AFL team (cough, sorry) has a heap of different membership options that covers all sorts of situations. Too many actually so I wouldn't go too nuts on it, but something like "country/interstate member" or "international member" or "distance member" could have been options?

I guess this way I can get a couple extra "OUR MATE Club Membership" for the dogs in place of the pet memberships?

Edit - the last point I wanted to chuck in there is it now seems very under-valued to what you would normally think of as a membership, being only $36. Even though I know that it's $36 + $350whatever (havent looked) but it made me sad. Can imagine being someone new to the Mariners coming along going hmmm memberships are only $36. Dodgy. Pass.

Either way we will renew as we have every other year, but I wouldn't be straying too far from what is common practice with this stuff and confusing people over a bit of a noisy minority having a whinge. And yeah I realise I might be the noisy minority having a whinge now so all good :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred