• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A League Expansion

style_cafe

Gallop has made it quite clear he only likes big fish. Shame because the game needs the regional clubs (like us) - particularly over the long term.

Hope expansion decisions factor this in, but...

Everyone knows that smaller fish are usually sweeter...:popcorn:

style_cafe

I would like to see Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane (not Gold Coast) all have two teams eventually. Tassie would be nice just don’t see Fox and FFA having it though. Regional Vic is a long shot as well as us and the Jets (take out they made the GF this year) haven’t done regional areas any favours at all the last 4 years. This is why the Wolves will miss out to the Southern expansion who like others also think is almost guaranteed one of the spots.

If Southern expansion got into bed with Wollongong Wolves it would be an awesome franchise...:popcorn:

MagpieMariner

Love to see a Tassie team in, the away trip would be very attractive as long as it was Hobart (see if I could get free accommodation with one of my cousins -- maybe get them to come to the match as well.) :p

midfielder

Love to see a Tassie team in, the away trip would be very attractive as long as it was Hobart (see if I could get free accommodation with one of my cousins -- maybe get them to come to the match as well.) :p

Q. You know how Tassie boys are circumcised.

A. Dads kicks his sister in the jaw.

Forum Phoenix

If Southern expansion got into bed with Wollongong Wolves it would be an awesome franchise...:popcorn:

I really want to see more regional teams. Get some bloody heart back into this comp. Wolves and Tassie are who I'd like to see get up. And they should take 4 teams the pea hearts. At their rate we'll have pro/rel around 2050.

Last edited:

Big Al

I Think FFA are anti NPL no matter if efnik or not.

They like the idea of fresh is best. They think they can do WSW again. I don’t think they can. Think they got a little lucky there

Ozhammer

The FFA has had little or no vision with regard to the growth of professional football for the last 10 years, so why would any of us think that will change now?

It’s all about metrics to them, not about bringing more colour or real football interest unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: adz

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I really hope Tassie gets in - They'd be a lot of people's 2nd team, I reckon.
One, if not both, will be Melbourne or Sydney based, no doubt. But the FFA screwed up Melbourne Heart so badly that I don't know if any of the Melbourne regions can handle another team.

Ah yes !!! .............. I remember how the steelers (remember them ) and st george marriage worked :-|:-| for the nrl.
That was probably one of the better ones - at least they kept trying to honour both clubs through the strips and home games in both regions.

Northern Eagles, on the other hand (and remember when NRL tried to force them onto the Central Coast?)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Hobart and Wollongong for me...cause hell, Hobart getting a team will piss off the already annoyed AFL, who mumbled something along the lines of. “But tassie is a AFL state” ...and Wolves deserve a shot just because they were my “other” team in the NSL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami