• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Rd 5 Jest V Mariners

Ads

Great strike by Wilson, however tactically other than that goal his ball movement and movement off the ball were stale.

Sure he did 1 or 2 good things, but once again both Wilson & Kuol just don’t make the correct runs at the right time.

As the game opened up Ballard was able to split the backline multiple times to Tulio and Kuol but without Ballard’s performance they would have been 90% ineffective again.

However I’m very glad we got the goals in the end.

Every team we play is different, another team may have got a counter goal first and then maybe we don’t get our goals.

I guess we go again and find out next week!

Stuartmcateer

Anyone taking the piss over Wilson haters calm down, 1 game doesn’t make you a hero. Yes he did well and fair play to him, I hope he can build on today’s positive performance but he has been average so far. Today though it wasn’t the goal that I liked, he did work hard off the ball so respect to him and well done.
Nobody is calling him a hero but some of the flak that the kid has copped (including on here) has been utter unnecessary bollocks.

Yes he has been below par up to now but he certainly hasn’t been alone in that. A large number have been underperforming.

Huddo

Great strike by Wilson, however tactically other than that goal his ball movement and movement off the ball were stale.

Sure he did 1 or 2 good things, but once again both Wilson & Kuol just don’t make the correct runs at the right time.

As the game opened up Ballard was able to split the backline multiple times to Tulio and Kuol but without Ballard’s performance they would have been 90% ineffective again.

However I’m very glad we got the goals in the end.

Every team we play is different, another team may have got a counter goal first and then maybe we don’t get our goals.

I guess we go again and find out next week!

Hopefully wilson has turned a corner, let's see what the confidence offers.

Deej

Nobody is calling him a hero but some of the flak that the kid has copped (including on here) has been utter unnecessary bollocks.

Yes he has been below par up to now but he certainly hasn’t been alone in that. A large number have been underperforming.
Not disagreeing but for someone to say “to Wilson haters suck on that” I don’t think is fair (it’s an opinion people). Kid is learning and yes he’s been poor (in my opinion before today not A league standard). I was actually trying to be positive and say I hope he builds on today. Past 2 seasons we’ve been spoilt with attacking play, kids coming through the system to shine….we just have to do it again. With success comes frustration when you start again (which we are) but that’s our club model. We evidently have a lack of defensive players though, I fear a good offer will come in for Faz in January and we‘d sell if so as that’s our model. Kids been a huge success from our academy and will go sooner rather than later, would make our shaky defensive 10 times worse.

let’s just enjoy a 3-1 win over the jets.

midfielder

Totally disagree IMO he had the best game since joining, and I have been one of his loudest in criticism of his game.

To me today he looked like he belonged on the park, his other matches he looked state level... lets hope he gets better...

booney

We controlled that game -calm build up play and ability to play through the midfield.TBF that was a poor Jets side-Buhagiar really only NPL standard now.Also Bayliss was very ineffective.

Glad to see Wilson score and he had a pretty good game into the bargain.Jing Reec took his goal well and it shows how much DWH has slipped down the pecking order.

Many good performances-Farrell,Roux,Kaltak,Hall ,Nizzy and Balard were outstanding.Tulio worked his butt off but things are just not coming off for him but when they do watch out.Kuol looked out of sorts-could not get the ball out from under his feet on several occasions when in the box.

I could not separate Nizzy and Balard for my MOTM but will give it to Max for his great midfield run and pass setting up Wilson's cracking goal.

marinermick

We controlled that game -calm build up play and ability to play through the midfield.TBF that was a poor Jets side-Buhagiar really only NPL standard now.Also Bayliss was very ineffective.

Glad to see Wilson score and he had a pretty good game into the bargain.Jing Reec took his goal well and it shows how much DWH has slipped down the pecking order.

Many good performances-Farrell,Roux,Kaltak,Hall ,Nizzy and Balard were outstanding.Tulio worked his butt off but things are just not coming off for him but when they do watch out.Kuol looked out of sorts-could not get the ball out from under his feet on several occasions when in the box.

I could not separate Nizzy and Balard for my MOTM but will give it to Max for his great midfield run and pass setting up Wilson's cracking goal.

Definitely Max

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred