• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Rd 5 Jest V Mariners

Wombat

I enjoyed that game from Bay 17. We got lucky with the weather.

This was a much calmer and controlled performance. Once we scored we looked really good. Not sure what Vuka was doing on the Scum Goal but they rarely threatened apart from that.

I thought Tulio was much better and had a good game apart from his shooting.

That Back 4 is definitely more solid and i thought Faz and Kaltak were excellent. I loved seeing our LB setting up our RB with a sweet first goal. Excellent technique by both.

Vuka 6
Storm 7.5
kaltak 8.5
Hall 7
Faz 8.5
Wilson 7 Much improved and a great finish
Nizzy 8
Maxy 9 MOM
Torres 6.5 Did some amazing things but is still channelling early Beni Un'Kololo at times. This guy will 100% come good.
Tulio 7.
Alou 4. Will come good. His shooting pregame was beautiful so not sure what happened. Still put himself about and pressed well.

Well done Jacko. Outclassed the Scummers.

TCT is f**king dreadful now.

MOM

Max 3pts
Faz 2pts
Nizzy and Kaltak 1pt

Last edited:

Ironbark

This was a much calmer and controlled performance. Once we scored we looked good. Not sure what Vuka was doing on the Scum Goal but they rarely threatened apart from that.

That Back 4 is definitely more solid and i thought Faz and Kaltak were excellent. I loved seeing our LB setting up our RB with a sweet first goal. Excellent technique by both.

Vuka 6
Storm 7.5
kaltak 8.5
Hall 7
Faz 8.5
Nizzy 8
Maxy 9 MOM
Torres 6.5 Did some amazing things but is still channelling early Beni Un'Kololo at times. This guy will 100% come good.
Tulio 7.
Alou 4. Will come good. His shooting pregame was beautiful so not sure what happened. Still put himself about and pressed well.

MOM

Max 3pts
Faz 2pts
Nizzy 1pt
Great post

true believer

Great strike by Wilson, however tactically other than that goal his ball movement and movement off the ball were stale.

Sure he did 1 or 2 good things, but once again both Wilson & Kuol just don’t make the correct runs at the right time.

As the game opened up Ballard was able to split the backline multiple times to Tulio and Kuol but without Ballard’s performance they would have been 90% ineffective again.

However I’m very glad we got the goals in the end.

Every team we play is different, another team may have got a counter goal first and then maybe we don’t get our goals.

I guess we go again and find out next week!
give FFC a hug will you

Corsair

Most of what i thought has been said.

Almost everyone worked very hard, a noticeable difference in desire. Particularly Tulio who worked his ass off.

Torres was getting in the way a lot, stepping on strikers toes and even taking balls off other players. Some moments of brilliant skill though. He needs to practice drilling the ball into the goal on the deck. I'm wondering if there is a language barrier holding him back.

Happy for Wilson, still looks raw but a better performance today. He was banging them in during the warm up and I said to my mate he might get one.

I've been very critical of MJ and when Reec came on for Kuol I thought that was a very strange decision but it obviously worked. Seems like he's beginning to get to grips with the squad, let's hope so.

That Newcastle side was shit though, I agree with Mick I can't remember a worse scummer visiting side.

Max had an excellent game, proper midfield enforcer and full of grit.

My favorite moment of the whole game was Storm's reaction when the final whistle went. That win genuinely meant the world to him, great to see that passion in a player. He had a great game and having his experience in a young side brings a lot more to the team than just his skills.

Feels so good to finally get a win.

Last edited:

true believer

This was a much calmer and controlled performance. Once we scored we looked good. Not sure what Vuka was doing on the Scum Goal but they rarely threatened apart from that.

Vuka 6
Storm 7.5
kaltak 8.5
Hall 7
Faz 8.5
Nizzy 8
Maxy 9 MOM
Tulio 7.

MOM

Max 3pts
Faz 2pts
Nizzy 1pt
im glad you watched the shooting .
torres is horrible at practice to . yet he has beautiful feet in general play .

i cant get my head around this .it's like he's two players in the one body .

can anybody fully explain why his technic is so flawed

Tevor

We were well up for the match and you could tell after the win it meant a lot to the players as well. The pressure of being champions and all the disruption clearly was weighing heavily on the squad. We have seen some improvement and that’s all I wanted to see after that break. Let’s hope it’s onwards and upwards now.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
What Wombat said ……also that is quite possibly the worst gaggle of Scummers ever to roll down the f3 innit?…apart from young bloke that took it upon himself to go for goal and score , they were the drizzling shits , and the scummers coach looks like an extra from Acropolis now , might even be Effys brother …trenty locks and Baylis are were they belong in my humble , you think we could sell them DWH ?

booney

What Wombat said ……also that is quite possibly the worst gaggle of Scummers ever to roll down the f3 innit?…apart from young bloke that took it upon himself to go for goal and score , they were the drizzling shits , and the scummers coach looks like an extra from Acropolis now , might even be Effys brother …trenty locks and Baylis are were they belong in my humble , you think we could sell them DWH ?
That young bloke is Archie Goodwin.Wasted at Newcastle as hardly gets any game time.We should arrange a swap with them for DWH.

Kilsin

Just got to see the Reec goal. Man we tried to butcher that.
Shows when your tail is up what a difference it makes.
I said that to my mate at the game. Reec almost looked like he lost confidence at the last minute and passed it off to Marco, then Marco drew two defenders and gave it back, and Reec was like...shit now I have to do something with it, haha.

I'm glad he got his first goal. Maybe it's the confidence and breakthrough he needed.

turbo

I said that to my mate at the game. Reec almost looked like he lost confidence at the last minute and passed it off to Marco, then Marco drew two defenders and gave it back, and Reec was like...shit now I have to do something with it, haha.

I'm glad he got his first goal. Maybe it's the confidence and breakthrough he needed.
Passing to Tulio was the right call no question there, the lack of urgency from Tulio almost killed the chance though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred