• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 7 v WU. Spoon Bowl. Again.

Hello Sailor

Line up is out on fb/twitter/etc.. Reec and Di Pizio both getting a start. That’s a bold statement by MJ. I’m not convinced it’ll pay off but hopefully im wrong.
Just going thru the thread now after the game so apologies if this has already been said. DiPizzio looked very comfortable playing first grade. Sign him up now-he has a future. Jing tried hard but I think he is over rated.

Meerkat

CThis has
Well, I haven’t started a thread since our Spoon Bowl match up with WU last season. Same result would be great. Was the last time we saw the bottom rung of the ladder last season. ?
7:45pm Central Coast Stadium. ?
COYY
i just want to say. I turned this around last year by starting this same thread. Although this game was far less stressful.

Should I start more threads ?

Stuartmcateer

Amazing what happens when you make runs and cut out the needless stepovers.

We actually looked like we knew how and where to make runs tonight and were looking to pass to match and not hit that magic thread the needle miracle ball.

The kicker with team selection this week is a Wednesday trip to the Philippines. Hopefully wasting the game last week doesn’t come back to bite us in the bum.

Corsair

Amazing what happens when you make runs and cut out the needless stepovers.

We actually looked like we knew how and where to make runs tonight and were looking to pass to match and not hit that magic thread the needle miracle ball.

The kicker with team selection this week is a Wednesday trip to the Philippines. Hopefully wasting the game last week doesn’t come back to bite us in the bum.
Aaaaaah win one, then lose or draw one seems to be our MO. I'll be in the stands, we've come a long way, the boys better turn up against Stallions! All 3 of us will be cheering! ?

booney

Two headed goals from corners,one(Kuol) also indirectly from a corner after Faz hit the crossbar and one ( Tulio) from a well flighted lob .A solid performance and many outstanding contributors.Kaltak and Hall were rocks and absolutely dominated Wales and Botic.
Roux and Farrell hardly put a foot wrong though Faz did some loose passes at the end.Balard and Nizzy dominated the midfield.
Torres had a very good game as did di Pizio.Tulio again worked hard and his goal was well taken.Reec did win some aerial duels but still his first touch often lets him down.Theo cut out the stepovers but still tried to beat too many players when a pass to an unmarked team mate would have been better.Kuol was in the right place for his goal but otherwise was quiet. Doka again looked good when he came on but Roux is definitely first choice.
WU had periods where they had lots of passes but no end product.Like us in the first few games.

true believer

Two headed goals from corners,one(Kuol) also indirectly from a corner after Faz hit the crossbar and one ( Tulio) from a well flighted lob .A solid performance and many outstanding contributors.Kaltak and Hall were rocks and absolutely dominated Wales and Botic.
Roux and Farrell hardly put a foot wrong though Faz did some loose passes at the end.Balard and Nizzy dominated the midfield.
Torres had a very good game as did di Pizio.Tulio again worked hard and his goal was well taken.Reec did win some aerial duels but still his first touch often lets him down.Theo cut out the stepovers but still tried to beat too many players when a pass to an unmarked team mate would have been better.Kuol was in the right place for his goal but otherwise was quiet. Doka again looked good when he came on but Roux is definitely first choice.
WU had periods where they had lots of passes but no end product.Like us in the first few games.
Torres was unhappy going off.
Missing a sitting from 2 metres
Probably didn't help.

I believe he has vision problems

true believer

Anyone fancy eating some humble pie on Hall? Immense tonight. As I said on the pod I’m not gonna say “I told you so”, buuuuuuuuut….. nah fk it, I did tell you so.
Not really
as i've said before acl's take two years to get over . One year for the body and two for the head

priorpeter

Not really
as i've said before acl's take two years to get over . One year for the body and two for the head
Ahhhh… he didn’t do his ACL. So I guess he just needed the 1 year huh.
Has been faultless since he came back, and was one of the best on ground tonight.

Also gotta disagree with your 2 year diagnosis sorry. Brad Tapp seems to be doing alright. Pat Beach came back pretty quick. Heck, Moresche scored in a grand final.
Do agree however that it plays in the mind for a while, but these guys aren’t playing all age footy, they’re pro ballers.

Last edited:

pjennings

Di Pizio needs more game time. I've seen him in the NPL but this is a step up in intensity. At 25 minutes he was gassed. Came out after the break fresh but quickly hit the wall again. The guy is a talent but we need to gradually increase his game time at this level.

Watched Tulio a bit closer tonight. A lot of his wasteful passes this year are the same passes he played last year. Difference is the CumDingo understood what he was doing. Hopefully someone starts getting the same understanding soon.

Dan Hall - great to see you back!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred