• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v Stalkers and sex criminals FC

PatientMariner

Discipline. Discipline is key! 2 red cards in 2 weeks for violent conduct (no matter how soft) is a worrying sign.
First real test for Monty to bounce back from this little slump.

As for the game, WSW out muscled us in midfield. Marcelo stuck to Cummins and have him no space.

Credit to the Mariners fans for making the trip down. Was a decent turn out! Reckon we need to shoot more ??!

Massive game next week. Results have not gone in our favour this weekend!

crock

I kind of hope now we have dropped to fourth and likely Shitney only one point behind us this team may park their egos and realise they need to start showing some passion again. We are in a serious rut that has been hidden by us staying in second despite not deserving to.

Next week in Mudgee is a season defining game, win and we have something to build some momentum on. Lose or draw and I’d put $100 on not making the finals.

That performance by the players and Managers was peak CCM before Staj started. Absolute rubbish and I don’t want to see it again. Team and players coping a bollocking on socials and well deserved.
Monty was the assistant to mulvey pre staj

Huddo

Discipline. Discipline is key! 2 red cards in 2 weeks for violent conduct (no matter how soft) is a worrying sign.
First real test for Monty to bounce back from this little slump.

As for the game, WSW out muscled us in midfield. Marcelo stuck to Cummins and have him no space.

Credit to the Mariners fans for making the trip down. Was a decent turn out! Reckon we need to shoot more ??!

A penis stroke would have gotten the same result.

shipwreck

So easy to blame the loss on Beni, which was defs stupid. BUT. Imagine if we still lost 2-0 with a one man advantage, was potentially a very big reality based on that performance.

Status DWH?

Corsair

As a fan is so fkin dispiriting when you're 2-0 down to see them have someone sent off for a 2 footed challenge and say to yourself, f**k me we're back in it, it's go time, the boys can win this 4-2, we're gonna do it! A few short mins later a dickhead elbow and we're back on level terms, I mean it's almost like it's preordained.

Meerkat

Monty said yesterday he should be good for next week - However, he has said this a few times recently and still no solid proof that its truthful.

He said something along the lines of "didn't want to rush him back this week but it looks like it will be next week" or something loosely along these lines...
Absolute bust of a signing.

Meerkat

Trouble is. We really have no reason to believe next week will roll any better.
We still have Kaltek out, Moresche, Triantis and now Beni, Whatever we tried this week.. and you would have thought we would have tried our absolute bloody hardest for what was going to be a massive game.. was an out and out flop.

So now what?

Forum Phoenix

Look, Wanderers spent bucketloads and have significantly strengthened. (God I hate them) They have some serious quality now. But it's no excuse, because there are few things more painful to football fans than watching your team be completely out enthused by the other side in a big game.

Horrible effort first half.
Horrible tactics throughout.
Horrible subs.
Horrible result.
Horrible game.

First half stats were embarrassing. Significantly better second half (which isn't saying a lot) but without Niz and Silvera (madness to take them off) we were beyond toothless to break down Wanderers when they parked the bus. FFS, stop crossing into the box against giant Centrebacks. Try shooting at the top of the box or get in behind and cut the goddamn ball back, infuriating.

I thought Faz was excellent though and does deserve 3 points. McGarry and Storm were good. Dan was our weakest but still had some great moments. And bottom line, if we just tracked better twice then they never score and for the rest of the game created very little. Danny was barely involved on the game. So despite the scoreline, my issue was really not with our defence.

Our midfield on the other hand... was dire. Formation/team changes just confused us.
Forget Beni's red, his game before that was even worse.
Silvera can hold his head up.
Theohaurus impacted again and it was an absolute crying shame not to have him Niz and Silvera on at the same time.
Tulio was awful. Compared to Theo he looks downright lazy. What the hell happened to this guy over the christmas break? I'm starting to feel embarrassed by how impressed I was.

Tactically, I'm sure the extra man in the mids sounded like a good idea, but it was clearly way too big a stretch at this time in such a big game. We looked worse on the ball. Were arguably no better defensively. And the trade off was an Isolated Cumdingo and we had less than nothing going forward.

Can't take it away form Wanderers, they wanted it more and in no world did we deserve a point. But I despise watching us lose predominantly because the other team is more committed to work and running than us.

Lastly, the discipline. JFC. We're Mariners we routinely get ripped off every which way. But you just can't do the stupid shit.

We need to take some responsibility for that. And get our shit together fast. We look a shadow of our former selves. Forget Kuol, Ruhs or even Triantis... our movement and link play was absolutely f**king beautiful earlier this season whether any of the aforementioned players were on or not. But it's now all but disappeared.

Niz needs to run our midfield. Period. End of. And all the other mids need to run and work their guts out like they used to in both attack and defence like WSW did tonight. Otherwise we'll be lucky to make finals which would be a huge shame.

Ironbark

I'm usually happy to watch any football game. I thought I was getting a bit obsessive when I found myself to watching a third grade Romanian match. Even with skin in the game THIS was painful to watch. Credit to Wanderers for their effective pressing, but our failure to keep possession [how often did we pass it to the opposition?] was woeful. Stupid of Danny to get involved in the Marcelo business, the ref had it in hand, and as for Nkololo-well for the short time we had the numerical advantage we looked like we could get back in the game. Shitty transition from attack to defence, and that's how they scored when we had an extra player FFS. Worst performance this year, and probs for the last few seasons. Now the panic sets in as we fight to stay in contention for thee finals. Benny's brain snap this week, Moresche last week, there ARE professional footballers aren't they?????
Well summed up

Ironbark

Look, Wanderers spent bucketloads and have significantly strengthened. (God I hate them) They have some serious quality now. But it's no excuse, because there are few things more painful to football fans than watching your team be completely out enthused by the other side in a big game.

Horrible effort first half.
Horrible tactics throughout.
Horrible subs.
Horrible result.
Horrible game.

First half stats were embarrassing. Significantly better second half (which isn't saying a lot) but without Niz and Silvera (madness to take them off) we were beyond toothless to break down Wanderers when they parked the bus. FFS, stop crossing into the box against giant Centrebacks. Try shooting at the top of the box or get in behind and cut the goddamn ball back, infuriating.

I thought Faz was excellent though and does deserve 3 points. McGarry and Storm were good. Dan was our weakest but still had some great moments. And bottom line, if we just tracked better twice then they never score and for the rest of the game created very little. Danny was barely involved on the game. So despite the scoreline, my issue was really not with our defence.

Our midfield on the other hand... was dire. Formation/team changes just confused us.
Forget Beni's red, his game before that was even worse.
Silvera can hold his head up.
Theohaurus impacted again and it was an absolute crying shame not to have him Niz and Silvera on at the same time.
Tulio was awful. Compared to Theo he looks downright lazy. What the hell happened to this guy over the christmas break? I'm starting to feel embarrassed by how impressed I was.

Tactically, I'm sure the extra man in the mids sounded like a good idea, but it was clearly way too big a stretch at this time in such a big game. We looked worse on the ball. Were arguably no better defensively. And the trade off was an Isolated Cumdingo and we had less than nothing going forward.

Can't take it away form Wanderers, they wanted it more and in no world did we deserve a point. But I despise watching us lose predominantly because the other team is more committed to work and running than us.

Lastly, the discipline. JFC. We're Mariners we routinely get ripped off every which way. But you just can't do the stupid shit.

We need to take some responsibility for that. And get our shit together fast. We look a shadow of our former selves. Forget Kuol, Ruhs or even Triantis... our movement and link play was absolutely f**king beautiful earlier this season whether any of the aforementioned players were on or not. But it's now all but disappeared.

Niz needs to run our midfield. Period. End of. And all the other mids need to run and work their guts out like they used to in both attack and defence like WSW did tonight. Otherwise we'll be lucky to make finals which would be a huge shame.
Also this

priorpeter

Yeh the transfers made were very much "next season" planning signings. Its f**ked up our current season.

Not having Triantis is a joke too
McGarry has been fantastic since he came in. DWH did his ankle in his first session, otherwise would’ve been involved from his first week. Not sure how they amount to “next season” signings, especially given the limited output from Aquilina and Ruhs.

Ads

I think if we wanted to absorb some early pressure we should have maybe done 5 at the back, something we are a bit more familiar with.

Also having the 5 backs allows Mcgarry and Roux a bit more cover as they push forward.

(WSW first goal came from a turn over on Mcgarrys side and he’s up too high and neither of the CB’s commit to charging over and stopping the delivery)

If we have a third CB the LCB could have charged over and taken him out.

Also watching their first goal again I’m not fully convinced it wasn’t offside by one of the angles shown, very frustrating not being able to see the line technology.

marinermick

I’d say his first real test was when he took over from Staj, and he’s passed that with flying colours.

Screaming at players to shoot when they have 4 opposition players in front of them probably ain’t gonna end well, hey @marinermick

Don’t get me started. Luckily I read this sober this morning.

WSW were absolutely mammoth in their defending last night, constantly getting multiple players behind the ball.

In an effort to sure up the midfield with the change of tactics, we lost all attacking cohesion. Cummings played high as the lone striker and was marked out of the game.

And then when we could have had the ascendancy with the extra we shoot ourselves in the foot with again poor discipline.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred