• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v Stalkers and sex criminals FC

Big Al

Never fun being utterly dominated for 30 minutes like that and the silly arse reds just kill you. Not panic stations though. Wanderers have now bought themselves a very good side and I still think we can match most teams.

But listening to Rudan's presser... ( that took some gritting of teeth to build up to) it did worry me when he said we were very predictable in how we attack, so they'd worked very hard on what to do and felt they completely nullified it.

Hard to argue this wasn't true and it wasn't just our formation shift. Even when we got the lions share of possession and territory, we never really looked likely.

Cummings in particular has been nullified for at least 3 games now. That double pen against Perth flatters our attacking prowess in recent games. And the best attack in the league (which was still good after Kuol) has proceeded to struggle harder and harder. Players out of form... or just being figured it?

Monty has being doing a fantastic job as coach overall, but he is still only a very young coach and it's pretty next level coaching to be able to know exactly how and when to mix it up to keep other teams/coaches guessing and then to get your players able to successfully execute it. And he's got a hard enough job as it is already getting young 'uns and money ballers to challenge the competitions most well resourced sides.

But still has to be said, in recent years we have had a habit of being figured out after some success then struggling thereafter. We always just talk about just focusing on us. Our football. And how we play. But that often works best when you have the best squad... and even then...

I believe in Monty and our coaches though. Really hoping this is the shake up we need to go up a level and be able to challenge in the finals.
We are predictable but really all teams are as you play them so often during the season and preseason so i am not that worried about that. It’s more that WSW squad has evolved to a point where it’s so strong they can now dominate us when knowing what we are going to do.

We have struggled against a compressed defense for a few years. Any coach should know that (we do and we aren’t coaches). Our problem is taking the w wrong option or being impatient.

The WSW size gives us issues, hence the constant short corners.

Kuzeski and Steele took wrong options alot when we were trying to find a hole. That one wrong decision means you turn the ball over and have to start again

My concern is Silvera while not the best defender is our most likely to create something from nothing and he keeps getting dragged because others get red cards or he is subbed instead of Beni. He has now lost that groove he was in.

Cummings I think misses Koul the most as they seemed to link up well together and the others don’t look to use him. Silvera and Beni are individuals in attack and don’t look to play off Cummings like Koul did.

I also see this little period of bad results similar to last year when we kept loosing points in the last few minutes of games. Monty eventually fixed it and we gave the semis a crack

Big Al

How's that even possible, clear two footed lunge which to me is worse (even if it was not intent to injure) than a weak elbow (even though it is violent conduct).

The review boards need to take these things into account IMO.

But hey, just another proven point into the fact that rich clubs get minimal punishments.
The grading on Marcelo included the words playing at the ball which has a minimum 1 week ban. Playing for the ball is a crucial element in football.

Beni had no attempt on the ball. Sure it was a weak dive but if you get caught you are in more trouble as it’s off the ball foul play

Big Al

We had zero depth at LB. When Faz was injured we had to play Roux there.
But our left back was better than our right. Now we have two good LBs and 1 RB. So the problem just switched sides. Roux was handy as a versatile player who could cover all spots across the back and was effective playing half games. Granted he has been good since the RB spot is his but we now have no depth behind him. Kuzeski is not really being brought on as a RB when he comes on.

Corsair

But our left back was better than our right. Now we have two good LBs and 1 RB. So the problem just switched sides. Roux was handy as a versatile player who could cover all spots across the back and was effective playing half games. Granted he has been good since the RB spot is his but we now have no depth behind him. Kuzeski is not really being brought on as a RB when he comes on.
Only because we don’t need him at the moment, if Roux got injured he'd be on. Roux is not a good left back, he's a fill in. Hall can play RB and probably windust as well if necessary, or Steele. Left back is much harder to cover.

ConsKrypt

The grading on Marcelo included the words playing at the ball which has a minimum 1 week ban. Playing for the ball is a crucial element in football.

Beni had no attempt on the ball. Sure it was a weak dive but if you get caught you are in more trouble as it’s off the ball foul play
About straight reds;

1678100943096.png

Straight red cards for dissent will result in a two-match ban, while dangerous tackles or violent conduct will result in a three-match ban which can be raised to four or more games in extreme cases.
Regardless of Marcelo "going for the ball" or not, it was still a very dangerous two footed tackle and is clearly outlined under Law 12 that it is supposed to be a minimum 3 match ban.

Last edited:

pjennings

The ball was clearly out when he launched himself so clearly he was not playing at the ball.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
sometimes, i see the disparity in "holidays" given for reds and dot shots handed out against us over the years and horrendously incorrect penalties by professional refs ( and i use the term loosely) and i think, occasionally, "if you don't want us in the comp, just f**king punt us , you sanctimonious devious c**ts"...grrrr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami