• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v the dirty stinking scum - catch up game

Meerkat

Watch his presser, complains about everything at the club and then says it’s a pleasure to be manager. Looks like a nervous man.

Just listened to it… had to take a shower after, such I was awash with the salt!

Such a poor, poor response from a coach with nothing but blame and excuses for everybody but himself and his team.

Blaming the pitch FFS ? Or should I say pitches lol

Big Al

1-0 just after halftime and they skinned us with Trent again. This time 4 Mariners get behind Vuka for a goal line block and Kaltak gets the block.

Much better urgency

Big Al

Watch his presser, complains about everything at the club and then says it’s a pleasure to be manager. Looks like a nervous man.
Safest job in the league.

All his employers need him loosing to prop up there own faults at there clubs.

A good coach and had them playing well last year but just doesn’t have any decent players.

true believer

1-0 just after halftime and they skinned us with Trent again. This time 4 Mariners get behind Vuka for a goal line block and Kaltak gets the block.

Much better urgency

when i saw that . i thought the game should of stopped for a head injury assessment.
my opinion hasn't changed . kaltac is a hard bastard . but the club needs a duty of care

-1 mariners

MrCelery

What a great night! After a long absence from Bay 16 it was fantastic to be back on such an occasion. Great to catch up with Eggy & gang. Thanks for the Celery Song! Brings back great memories. Bay 16 had lots of new faces and passionate singers. The dude behind me, a Vanuatuan I suspect, was awesome, fully involved and loving it. The TV shot of the Bay going off when Benni scored was priceless. Torn between Niz and Kaltak for MOM. But everyone's played their part. More of this please!

Last edited:

Navy and yellow

Just listened to it… had to take a shower after, such I was awash with the salt!

Such a poor, poor response from a coach with nothing but blame and excuses for everybody but himself and his team.

Blaming the pitch FFS ? Or should I say pitches lol
From where I sat our pitch looked to be in great condition. Did anyone notice anything amiss or is Papas talking bs?

Tevor

From where I sat our pitch looked to be in great condition. Did anyone notice anything amiss or is Papas talking bs?
Pod mentioned it isn't great as could be the change over of the grass with the warmer weather. He was more alluding to how poor the Scum pitch or paddock as he called it and it's the reason for O'Neil's injury. But then he said ours wasn't up to standard, didn't seem to worry our players.

Last edited:

Josho Howe

Having this game postponed was a blessing in disguise. Excellent crowd for a Wednesday night and the bay was as full as it's been in ages. Momentum from the Socceroos maybe with all the kids coming in to enjoy themselves. Night couldn't have gone much better except that we really should've pumped em by 4-5.

priorpeter

Pod mentioned it isn't great as could be the change over of the grass with the warmer weather. He was more alluding to how poor the Scum pitch or paddock as he called is and it's the reason for O'Neil's injury. But then he said ours wasn't up to standard, didn't seem to worry our players.
Pitch has recently been re-laid and is still growing in. It’s not quite tip-top, but it’s not total shit either. Papas scrambling for excuses.

Tevor

Having this game postponed was a blessing in disguise. Excellent crowd for a Wednesday night and the bay was as full as it's been in ages. Momentum from the Socceroos maybe with all the kids coming in to enjoy themselves. Night couldn't have gone much better except that we really should've pumped em by 4-5.
Agree, on the way to the game I was thinking 4k might be a good turn out. Was stoked with how many came along and enjoyed themselves. I could have easily stayed home but made it up there in time after work and had to settle for the stadium food which hasn't improved at all since the last time I had to eat it but I wanted to go to the game to show support to the club and players after the Melbourne fiasco. Maybe I wasn't the only one feeling that way.

The double headers with the Academy are a great idea, only thing I'm not looking forward to is the poor food and drink available to sustain yourself through a double header. Hope it improves by then but doubt it will.

Gee weeknight games are not great with the boom gates at the station carpark. Took half an hour to move 300 meters. A top bloke who was clearly sick of it held open the boom gate so people could just drive out and then I noticed this was happening at every boom gate. Total disaster for a weeknight game, its not as bad on a weekend but still slower since the boom gates are still operational.

Forum Phoenix

Okay, let's talk Tulio for a minute.

Re the Urena question. Big Marco fan. Was the difference in us winning a lot of games imo at a very important juncture. But what we just saw from Tulio... that was something pretty special. Combine it with his Sydney performance and I think it's already evident that he's the most skilled creative player we've ever had. Forget his unforgettable goal, some of his trickery, touch and all round creative play last night was simply on another level.

Best creative players we've had imho.

Tommy P
Tommy R
Perez
Danny DS
Flores
Ferrerra

There's a few more you could add... but all only getting lesser imo so no real point discussing them unless Nicky Travis's mum is still on here.

Now I know some people (cough, FFC, cough) have Tommy P thrice tattooed on their heart.
But I'm not talking about legend status or contribution. If we're just talking sheer ability... does anyone think we've had a higher calibre creative player than Tulio?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred