• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v the dirty stinking scum - catch up game

LFCMariners

Several times Jack Duncan came far up off his line and nearly paid the price for it in the first half- then paid for it in spectacular fashion with Marco's contender for goal of the season- but continued doing it. Baffling why he kept leaving so much space behind him and didn't adapt when the CCM midfield were clearly exploiting it. The irony was he should've done it more when they were 2-0 down, could've done with the extra man in motion around the middle of the pitch and had nothing to lose. This took the shine off some great saves he made that stopped it becoming a complete humiliation for the Jest.

One of those nights where CCM dominated from start to finish- and could've been 6 or 7-0. Despite a weekday fixture and a sub 8k crowd, Bay 16 was more full than I've seen it in ages- and gave the team on field the kind of atmosphere that performance deserved.

Perfect response to the same fixture 10 days ago, and confirms my belief that the squad just needed a game or two under their belt to click again.

Wombat

What a fantastic night. The stadium was pumping and Bay 16 was as full as i've seen it for several years and really making some noise. For those that missed out tonight do not miss out on NYE as the joint will be packed out and rocking.

Nizzy was superb and my MOM. Really impressed with Tulio now (Great call Michael!) Silvera is fulfilling his massive potential. The back 4 looked decent and I was impressed with Storm again. The worst defensive FB (always been good going forward) is becoming a defensive rock and now even has his own song sung in his honour to the tune of Hey Jude.
I finally saw what Monty sees in Steele....he had a terrific game.
Sasha looks like a great prospect. 3 year contract now please.

I loved this game and I loved our performance. Also how sweet to see TCT lose the ball that Tulio scored an absolute beauty from.

All our subs were very solid.

Last edited:

Ozhammer

What a special night at CCS this evening:

Special atmosphere
Special goals
Special defending
Special performance
Special fans
Special result

On top of all that, Santa gave me what I wanted for Xmas, a spot in the top three on the ladder.

COYY
??

true believer

tulio 3 my god if we get morshe on the park with him .they be giving dancing lessons to all the A-leagues CB's
kaltac 2 . mate this guy is the rock great defences are built on . i think he has a good pass , reads the game well , would have been mom but for tulio magic show .
faz 1 does so many little things with greatness . owns his man .pound for pound the hardest man in the a- league

honourable mention steele good on the ball and quality shitf**kery .
niz best game of the season (al'beit without o'neil on the park)
sammy silvera ran his ring out .looked to have earnt a penalty in the 25 minute .close in replay not shown ?

Last edited:

Meerkat

Agree wholeheartedly with all the comments re Niz. He was absolutely exceptional.
What a blinder had by almost everyone tonight.. Beni was my liability card tonight, praying that penalty goal, kick starts his confidence and cleanses the dark spirits ..might be next for an intervention @Wombat ! Since dare I say it.. Vuka had a very good night. ?

Wombat

tulio 3 my god if we get morshe on the park with him .they be giving dancing lesson to all the A-leagues CB's
kaltac 2 . mate this guy is the rock great defences are built on . i think he has a good pass , reads the game well , would have been mom but for tulio magic show .
faz 1 does so many little thing with greatness . owns he man .pound for pound the hardest man in the a- league

honourable mention steele good on the ball and quality shitf**kery .
niz best game of the season (al'beit without o'neil on the park)
sammy silvera ran his ring out .looked to have earnt a penalty in the 25 minute .close in replay not shown ?
TB. Did you bring your stones brother?

How good were we?

Faz is a hard bastard. Skinny as but does not take any shit and always stands his ground.

I love this kid. I will refer to him as The Lisarow Legend from now on.

Wombat

Agree wholeheartedly with all the comments re Niz. He was absolutely exceptional.
What a blinder had by almost everyone tonight.. Beni was my liability card tonight, praying that penalty goal, kick starts his confidence and cleanses the dark spirits ..might be next for an intervention @Wombat ! Since dare I say it.. Vuka had a very good night. ?
Beni was a bit shit but the penalty was class and he did do some good stuff. Beni started slowly last year and by the end of the year was our best player.
Have faith. No need for the Hippy shit just yet.

true believer

TB. Did you bring your stones brother?

How good were we?

Faz is a hard bastard. Skinny as but does not take any shit and always stands his ground.

I love this kid. I will refer to him as The Lisarow Legend from now on.
no the stones need a rest after the world cup .
we're on our own till new year .

i think we're more balanced . tulio is a real 10 .
kaltac and hall are the CB's we need and both complement each other nicely

i'd hate to be monty .i see no future for kalesie john and as much as i love ayongo
we have two 10's .who'd be a manager ?

Last edited:

pjennings

Given that we lost to a dodgy VAR decision in the first derby with apparently a sick squad realistically the scum should have had 1 point from the last 18. Apparently a deal is not far away for the club but Papas must be on shaky ground.

His record is 34 games 11 wins 5 draws 18 losses 38 points average of 1.12 pts per game (1.13 this season with a dodgy win)

Corsair

What a great night, so satisfying to dominate the scum.

My impressions were similar to what's been said with one exception. For me Beni showed some moments of real class, particularly in the lead up to the penalty. His interactions with the team were also very different tonight. I've come to the conclusion that he's a confidence player, as he starts to play better his confidence will grow and his form will return. Whoever decided to let him take that pen, it could turn out to be a master stroke.

Kaltak continues to be a double edged sword but the positives are outweighing the oh shit moments for the time being. He had a good game again tonight, that goal line clearance was fantastic.

I'll have to watch this game again!

My friend had a really good night, bay 16 put in a great shift and created a fantastic atmosphere. Scummers were silenced. Our usually quiet bay was full of clapping and cheering, bloody great win!

Last edited:

Tevor

Given that we lost to a dodgy VAR decision in the first derby with apparently a sick squad realistically the scum should have had 1 point from the last 18. Apparently a deal is not far away for the club but Papas must be on shaky ground.

His record is 34 games 11 wins 5 draws 18 losses 38 points average of 1.12 pts per game (1.13 this season with a dodgy win)
Watch his presser, complains about everything at the club and then says it’s a pleasure to be manager. Looks like a nervous man.

Tevor

We can be so harsh on here, Beni did some great stuff and Sash could have had his first goal courtesy of a great run (one of many). Monty couldn’t have spoken more highly of Kaltak and I agree. Kelechi on the chopping block for sure.

The Tulio critics have been silent but then it’s Urena version 2. I loved Urena however I get the feeling Coolio Tulio will up stage him. I hope he doesn’t get poached in Jan however the pay day would be huge.

Faz was great just like last week when he marked Lolley but people think he had a poor game. Watch the replay he was all over Lolley who is a top player in this League.

Confess I was worried when Max wasn’t in the team but Steele did well other than a couple of miscommunications but expected really. Niz was huge however we did look heaps better with no O’Neil as he was instrumental for them last game. Loved Triantis coming on and causing havoc for 20 mins.

Roux, I’ll eat my hat. He got worst when he left us but boy he has been solid and is deserving of his starting position now.

Attacking stats are huge from that game, 19 shots and 12 on target. You don’t see that very often.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
EVERYBODY SING: " there is Tulio, 40 out from the goalmouth"
(sung to the tune Me and Julio down by the schoolyard, thanks Paul Simon)

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
right then
3 NizzMonsta
2 Coolio ( should be one , but Nizz was on the park)
1 Lisarow Legend
what a game , well done to the Bay , i didn't need to hear you on telly, I just went out on my balcony here in Brisvegas....if I had to pick a player who was slightly off , gonna go with Kaltak , but not by much, Kuol was great , until he tried defending(but what can you do), Joker is getting into it,
Sammy was tearing it up , Bennys fog is starting to lift , Nizz is just Nizz , Fazz took no shit , Coolio was being Brazilian, like someone said , when him and Moresche get on a pitch together , its gonna be samba lessons for Cbs league wide...COYY

as for the scummers ...WTF was jack duncan thinking ?..that he was a centre mid!...i hope Pappas tears him a new one for standing so far out of his area, and as for Jason Hoffman, put a rinse through your hair you miserable TNUC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred