• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v the dirty stinking scum - catch up game

ryan

Agree, on the way to the game I was thinking 4k might be a good turn out. Was stoked with how many came along and enjoyed themselves. I could have easily stayed home but made it up there in time after work and had to settle for the stadium food which hasn't improved at all since the last time I had to eat it but I wanted to go to the game to show support to the club and players after the Melbourne fiasco. Maybe I wasn't the only one feeling that way.

The double headers with the Academy are a great idea, only thing I'm not looking forward to is the poor food and drink available to sustain yourself through a double header. Hope it improves by then but doubt it will.

Gee weeknight games are not great with the boom gates at the station carpark. Took half an hour to move 300 meters. A top bloke who was clearly sick of it held open the boom gate so people could just drive out and then I noticed this was happening at every boom gate. Total disaster for a weeknight game, its not as bad on a weekend but still slower since the boom gates are still operational.
The boom gates at the top level, closest to the station, were open.

FFC Mariner

Okay, let's talk Tulio for a minute.

Re the Urena question. Big Marco fan. Was the difference in us winning a lot of games imo at a very important juncture. But what we just saw from Tulio... that was something pretty special. Combine it with his Sydney performance and I think it's already evident that he's the most skilled creative player we've ever had. Forget his unforgettable goal, some of his trickery, touch and all round creative play last night was simply on another level.

Best creative players we've had imho.

Tommy P
Tommy R
Perez
Danny DS
Flores
Ferrerra

There's a few more you could add... but all only getting lesser imo so no real point discussing them unless Nicky Travis's mum is still on here.

Now I know some people (cough, FFC, cough) have Tommy P thrice tattooed on their heart.
But I'm not talking about legend status or contribution. If we're just talking sheer ability... does anyone think we've had a higher calibre creative player than Tulio?
Only because Tommy P transcends ordinary and attained God like staus.
For mortals, Tulio is up there for sure

Coastalraider

Nah they were the ones the bloke was holding open.
I went through early, a bloke in front got stuck and I got out to help. Seems the cameras don’t pick up the odd number plate properly so the cars just sit there. Called the hotline, they let him though, I got the the gate and it charged me $10. By that stage I was over it so paid and left. I’ve done 3 games since they’ve gone in and each one has been a cluster.

Michael

I’m Tulio’s biggest fan around here, but don’t get carried away that he had a big buy out clause whilst at sporting Lisbon. It’s a part and parcel thing in portugal for the big 3 clubs. To avoid being ripped off when young players come good.
similar to how you see Spanish clubs putting $100m buy outs on their young players.

ps, I’m already at the I told you all so, stage.

Huddo

I have never seen this much flair and talent in so many players in one of our teams, maybe we'd have one or 2 incredible playmakers at the one time in the past, but honestly our depth is crazy atm.

Cummings
Garang
Tulio
Nkololo
And Nisbet

can all create from nothing

This is before Moresche even comes back.

honestly, in the past I would have been happy with just 2 of these players.

Tevor

I’m Tulio’s biggest fan around here, but don’t get carried away that he had a big buy out clause whilst at sporting Lisbon. It’s a part and parcel thing in portugal for the big 3 clubs. To avoid being ripped off when young players come good.
similar to how you see Spanish clubs putting $100m buy outs on their young players.

ps, I’m already at the I told you all so, stage.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not thinking he is a $30 -$40m player I was more thinking we could potentially get a few million if he keeps his current trajectory. Pretty sure he is a two year deal as well, let’s hope his family settle better than Charlie Austin’s.

Huddo

Don’t get me wrong I’m not thinking he is a $30 -$40m player I was more thinking we could potentially get a few million if he keeps his current trajectory. Pretty sure he is a two year deal as well, let’s hope his family settle better than Charlie Austin’s.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ive been reading he's only on a one year contract

Ancient Mariner

After usually watching the game live, I like to watch a replay with a more analytical eye rather than the initial emotional one.
Unfortunately last night I had to miss the game live, due to having to chase around different pharmacies to fill an antiviral script for Mrs AM, who had returned a positive covid test. She is doing fine. I therefore watched the game on tv live.
On live viewing I had Kaltak as my MOM. After reading all the critical posts on this thread I thought I should watch the game again after the excitement was past, closely watching how, mostly he, and others played.
I saw one poor touch that led to an unfortunate yellow card and one poor pass halfway through the second half. Apart from those two errors I thought he was superb.
He cut out countless through balls and saved our arse so many times with last ditch blocks. His passing from the back was precise and and along with his long passes helped us to quickly counter. He showed strength and ruled in the air.
It was his initial run from the back and pass to Cummings that initiated the movement that led to Cummings' goal and should count as an assist.
And for those who think he is to slow, watch the phase of play leading up to his headed clearance off the line. As Buhagier burns off Fazz, if you watch inside you will see Kaltak is accelerating past Buhagiar.
As I see it Kaltak and Hall have the starting CB positions and the positions are theirs to lose. I suspect if one of them misses a game for whatever reason I suspect I will say the same about the partnership between Triantis and the uninjured one.
What a great position to be in.

However as to MOM I will revise my original opinion, and with the benefit of the extra viewing, I will give 3 MOM.
Kaltak - For the above reasons.
Nizz - Controlled the midfield and the game. Brilliant anticipation, positioning and hassling. Playing more as a #8 rather than a #6, allowed a lot of his creative skill to show. Some exquisite ball control and lovely attacking balls for our forwards. The heart of the team.
Tulio - Brilliant goal, but showed he was the #10 we have been missing for so long. Worked his butt off with exquisite skill. I hope we manage to keep him for a while. Pure class. $40m transfer fee please.

Shout out to Harry. That was the best performance I have seen him put in. His play in the #6 allowed Nizz to play a more attacking role. He needs to watch the cards. There are plenty of refs out there who would have happily given him a second yellow last night.

Shout out also to Garang. If he had played the second half and performed like he did in the first he would have been pushing for a MOM gong. So much raw talent and potential. I hope the sell on clauses are big.

Excellent performances by everyone on the pitch last night. No criticisms needed.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

After usually watching the game live, I like to watch a replay with a more analytical eye rather than the initial emotional one.
Unfortunately last night I had to miss the game live, due to having to chase around different pharmacies to fill an antiviral script for Mrs AM, who had returned a positive covid test. She is doing fine. I therefore watched the game on tv live.
On live viewing I had Kaltak as my MOM. After reading all the critical posts on this thread I thought I should watch the game again after the excitement was past, closely watching how, mostly, he and others played.
I saw one poor touch that led to an unfortunate yellow card and one poor pass halfway through the second half. Apart from those two errors I thought he was superb.
He cut out countless through balls and saved our arse so many times with last ditch blocks. His passing from the back was precise and and along with his long passes helped us to quickly counter. He showed strength and ruled in the air.
It was his initial run from the back and pass to Cummings that initiated the movement that led to Cummings goal and should count as an assist.
And for those who think he is to slow, watch the phase of play leading up to his headed clearance off the line. As Buhagier burns off Fazz, if you watch inside you will see Kaltak is accelerating past Buhagiar.
As I see it Kaltak and Hall have the starting CB positions and the positions are theirs to lose. I suspect if one of them misses a game for whatever reason I suspect I will say the same about the partnership between Triantis and the uninjured one.
What a great position to be in.

However as to MOM I will revise my original opinion, and with the benefit of the extra viewing, I will give 3 MOM.
Kaltak - For the above reasons.
Nizz - Controlled the midfield and the game. Brilliant anticipation, positioning and hassling. Playing more as a #8 rather than a #6, allowed a lot of his creative skill to show. Some exquisite ball control and lovely attacking balls for our forwards. The heart of the team.
Tulio - Brilliant goal, but showed he was the #10 we have been missing for so long. Worked his butt off with exquisite skill I hope we manage to keep him for a while. Pure class. $40m transfer fee please.

Shout out to Harry. That was the best performance I have seen him put in. His play in the #6 allowed Nizz to play a more attacking role. He needs to watch the cards. There are plenty of refs out there who would have happily given him a second yellow last night.

Shout out also to Garang. If he had played the second half and performed like he did in the first he would have been pushing for a MOM gong. So much raw talent and potential. I hope the sell on clauses are big.

Excellent performances by everyone on the pitch last night. No criticisms needed.
Harry is a true 6 and allows Nis to play higher up.When Balard plays they seem to want to occupy the same space

Tevor

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ive been reading he's only on a one year contract
I’m not sure, given we now seem to sign talented players on longer contracts for better on sell $$ I was also assuming Tuilo is more than one year. If Monty thinks he is potentially worth big $$ why one year. I could be wrong though.

Melange

I have never seen this much flair and talent in so many players in one of our teams, maybe we'd have one or 2 incredible playmakers at the one time in the past, but honestly our depth is crazy atm.

Cummings
Garang
Tulio
Nkololo
And Nisbet

can all create from nothing

This is before Moresche even comes back.

honestly, in the past I would have been happy with just 2 of these players.

Steele laid on a beautiful pass for Silvera's shot, the one cleared off the line in the first half.

Btw, is he "Ya girlfriend"? We had a Stainless in our team many years ago.

Corsair

One criticism from the game i forgot to mention, we didn't shoot early enough and missed a few opportunities as a result. Particularly Garang, it's like he wants to selflessly get assists instead of goals because he's leaving or something. Just bang them in!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami