• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Corsair

Last 20 mins are interesting. Seems to have genuine remorse for some of his shenanigans when he was younger. 3 seasons at 20+ goals before he signed for Forest and then got loaned out.

Seems like a moneyball player that could pay big dividends if he can behave himself. Would probably benefit from a strong manager and a support system around him. Would also be a chance for him to get regular gametime and be seen so he could be considered for the socceroos.

I suspect sign him for the rest of this season with an option for more if it goes well. I've been saying for a while we could do with a mongrel out and out striker... he is one.

shipwreck

I'm just worried a dude like that would get bored with the nightlife available on the coast, end up wanting to live in Sydney, having all night benders and being late to training

marinermick

If it is a Simon replacement then we need to replace the 10+ goal player Simon was. Marco is more a provider and Moresche for me is not a point man and I don’t think will be a regular scorer in this league.

true believer

If it is a Simon replacement then we need to replace the 10+ goal player Simon was. Marco is more a provider and Moresche for me is not a point man and I don’t think will be a regular scorer in this league.
Yeah im don't run with that .he has 3 goals (i count the one against sydney) and seems to be improving every week .
I suspect his best form is still a month away.
He is the fit and thats what this club is about .
Latin america is providing the type of player that suits us .
If we want some more fire power thats the place
To find it.

Tim

If we are seriously in the market for this new guy and he’s as good as it sounds, he must be well short of options and perhaps desperate to revive/save his career, which might suit us. That said, he’s a clear risk and could be a destabilising element in the squad. If Marty’s season/career is over (which would be sad and his contribution must be celebrated in some way), we need him around the squad to keep the young ones focussed and this guy on the straight and narrow. I trust Monty’s judgment and think/hope the club has learned some lessons from past signings that viewed the club as a paid vacation on the way to retirement…

bikinigirl

Bikini Girl? If I get it across the front of my shirt I'm dropping the Sweaty!

. why? because i'm a girl?

. nah, i'm not swallowing that ... ahh, i mean - not touching it ... shit, no - i'm not going there, oh f**k - no, not that either ... bugger - oh now it's getting worse ... i just fell into that, head first

. umm ... i'm just gonna walk away now - dignity long gone

scottmac

Suspended
Im going all in on this guy. Apparently the supreme team mate, keeps morale and motivation high. Hard trainer, great at his craft. People saying he would get bored, this guy could dominate this league, I've seen someone else say, the next Berisha. If it gets him to the national team then he could be a great sell on too.
I know this for sure, Monty won't bring him in if there's no chance of it working. I see this as a gamble that could pay off in trophies ?. If it doesn't work, dump him. Clause up his contract seeing as though there is history.

true believer

Yeah im don't run with that .he has 3 goals (i count the one against sydney) and seems to be improving every week .
I suspect his best form is still a month away.
He is the fit and thats what this club is about .
Latin america is providing the type of player that suits us .
If we want some more fire power thats the place
To find it.
whats funny scottie ? look where the fire chickens are picking up talent .
another devilla would do me fine

scottmac

Suspended
whats funny scottie ? look where the fire chickens are picking up talent .
another devilla would do me fine
I just find it funny when someone says this area is where to get players to suit us. Location of heritage will not be on a list of desirables unless your putting together a FUT team.
I do agree with your thoughts on Moresche though.

true believer

I just find it funny when someone says this area is where to get players to suit us. Location of heritage will not be on a list of desirables unless your putting together a FUT team.
I do agree with your thoughts on Moresche though.
i think as the nix have shown. it's an untold source of talent .
and maybe a better option than uk grand fathers and boarder line personality disorders

scottmac

Suspended
and maybe a better option than uk grand fathers and boarder line personality disorders
What's a better option? Limiting your possibilities by borders? It's a stupid theory and no one in their right mind would focus on a geographical area to aqcuire players from (unless it benefits the squad via league rules). It's down to skill, fitness and fit.
Out of interest, how many players do you think Wellington have from "Latin America"?

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Judging a person as borderline personality disorder by socials, says more about you than them. Wasnt it you that said you don't go for that social media shit anyway?

true believer

What's a better option? Limiting your possibilities by borders? It's a stupid theory and no one in their right mind would focus on a geographical area to aqcuire players from (unless it benefits the squad via league rules). It's down to skill, fitness and fit.
Out of interest, how many players do you think Wellington have from "Latin America"?
its like a fishing hole. if a hundred guys are there then it's over fished
if you have a spot with little competition then your chances of getting a good fish are better .
wellington has already landed devella . who was maybe the best import in the league in his first season .
wellington are looking there again .which hints at there being a better chance of acquiring a good player
for the money we can offer .

true believer

Judging a person as borderline personality disorder by socials, says more about you than them. Wasnt it you that said you don't go for that social media shit anyway?
i've said i don't do facebook . the weight of information on CD certainly paints a picture .
or a you ignoring his recorded antics ? considering the amount of behavioral education
the players are instructed in .do you think CD at 26, has absorb any of it ?

scottmac

Suspended
i've said i don't do facebook . the weight of information on CD certainly paints a picture .
or a you ignoring his recorded antics ? considering the amount of behavioral education
the players are instructed in .do you think CD at 26, has absorb any of it ?
I'm definitely not throwing him into the categories of personality disorder because of a few socials. Besides, Monty and Ken will make the decision and like I've said above, if they say yes, then that's good enough for me.
its like a fishing hole. if a hundred guys are there then it's over fished
if you have a spot with little competition then your chances of getting a good fish are better .
wellington has already landed devella . who was maybe the best import in the league in his first season .
wellington are looking there again .which hints at there being a better chance of acquiring a good player
for the money we can offer .
So your basing this on Wellington having signed one guy.........
Plus your analogy here is off the Richter. Are you suggesting Latin America is the place where there will be little (or less) competition for us to sign players? Davilla was a gem. However he spent a bit of time in Holland, Spain and Portugal before coming here. Far from being a ringing endorsement for focusing on a specific geographical area as a policy.
His immediate place of employment before the Nix was India. I'd suggest that's where they were looking because of a tip off or the players manager, not Latin America. His propensity to play in Asia would have been a big selling point too.

Last edited:

Corsair

If you watch that interview i posted he expressed remorse, was very drunk and it was at his property not smashing up someone else's place. The i/vewr says he hopes whoever videoed it and then posted it is no longer in his social circle. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, you don't need your "friends" videoing it and posting for the world to see. How would you judge it if this was one of our guys? Let's say one of them got accused of doing something with a girl they didn't do for example.... it's private business. Stupid behaviour and should know better as a pro but shit happens. As long as it's not repeated behaviour over and over, cut him a break (with clauses).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred