• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CEO comment for fans and members

Forum Phoenix

Thanks to Shaun who dropped in to Bay Rd yesterday and had a beer with supporters.

He said the week long activities include All Stars games (men and women) versus an international club as well as the awards night.

They are trying to advocate to the APL to now have a two legged grand final as a compromise. The first leg at the highest rated team’s city and the second in Sydney.

Clever. And unless exclusivity was built into the hosting rights somehow- Which seems unlikely as you can’t play a game in two places at the sane time - could be a very clever solution,

Here’s another, have a best of 11 and everyone gets one. Only way we’d ever see one.

Tevor

So - Perth v Adelaide GF. Perth finished higher. Their fans still have to travel to Sydney and Adelaide fans have to travel twice.
Dumb and desperate grasping at straws.
Just talk to Dom and get out of the deal
Good point and I didn’t think to deep into it to be honest. Not a great solution.

Reactions: adz

Forum Phoenix

First leg at home for top side - home final as usual. Anyone from away side can travel. Second deciding leg in Sydney. Both sets of fans can travel if they want. Not terrible. Just one extra away trip and finals game possible for both teams fans.

If fans get a home final again, more finals football, and some not unwelcome govt funding, pretty decent attempt to make lemonade out of lemons if you ask me. Unless perhaps you're determined to always interpret the worst possible intentions and rage against the machine.

Last edited:

turbo

First leg at home for top side. Anyone from away side can travel. Second deciding leg in Sydney. Both sets of fans travel if they want. Not terrible. Just one extra away trip possible for both teams fans.

If fans get a home final again, more finals football, and some not unwelcome govt funding, pretty decent attempt to make lemonade out of lemons if you ask me. Unless perhaps you're determined to always interpret the worst possible intentions and rage against the machine.
NSW government will be pissed if they feel hoodwinked though. May be good enough to get through this term but will take some work to keep any relationship positive and leverage further funding later. Worth exploring but will need a delicate touch.

Forum Phoenix

NSW government will be pissed if they feel hoodwinked though. May be good enough to get through this term but will take some work to keep any relationship positive and leverage further funding later. Worth exploring but will need a delicate touch.
Agreed. They still get 3 events. But could definitely be seen to be diminishing value. Mind you, I've always preferred home and away legs. Can increase interest. BUT if one side gets pounded and it's a forgone conclusion for Sydney decider...

Tevor

First leg at home for top side - home final as usual. Anyone from away side can travel. Second deciding leg in Sydney. Both sets of fans can travel if they want. Not terrible. Just one extra away trip and finals game possible for both teams fans.

It’s not a rage against the machine, FFC just pointed out how it could be even worse in some circumstances than just travelling to Sydney for the final.

Tevor

No offence taken.
Still, thanks to Victory's moronic hard core Danny will get what he wants now.
Can go all "the thugs must not win"
I feel for CCM, we have the Victory on NYE and now likely there will only be a small travelling contingent. Our last game against Shitney was 2k short of where it should have been because of the fiasco. Budget may need to revised down for the season.

Omni

Agreed. They still get 3 events. But could definitely be seen to be diminishing value. Mind you, I've always preferred home and away legs. Can increase interest. BUT if one side gets pounded and it's a forgone conclusion for Sydney decider...
At this point it would be surprising if Sydney gets one of these let alone three. Can’t have a grand final if the league doesn’t exist

Omni

I feel for CCM, we have the Victory on NYE and now likely there will only be a small travelling contingent. Our last game against Shitney was 2k short of where it should have been because of the fiasco. Budget may need to revised down for the season.
Victory should have an away fan ban

pjennings

First of I think the game should not be replayed and both teams lose those points. Victory were the main protagonists but this was always going to be the game with the problem and City as hosts were responsible for the security of lack thereof (though shared responsibility since Victory know the history of their fan base).

This would be my starting point -

So a loss of points for both clubs.
Fines for both clubs - larger one for Victory.
Suspended fine for Cavallo incident also to be collected.
Massive suspended fine to also apply to Victory. The City ALW keeper was also hit by a bottle previously so there is obviously a problem with the club not cracking down sufficiently.
Victory play behind closed doors for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure that that is heavy enough for Victory.

Glover's behaviour should also be looked at - but he is not the focus.

Corsair

This is really really bad: "some of the hooligans were already banned from the stadium" that sort of inadequacy in security will lead to facial recognition being deployed at stadiums. Not something I'd like to see happen but might be the only way to stop them getting in.

turbo

This is really really bad: "some of the hooligans were already banned from the stadium" that sort of inadequacy in security will lead to facial recognition being deployed at stadiums. Not something I'd like to see happen but might be the only way to stop them getting in.
It absolutely should be deployed if it isn't already in use. Start with the most likely places first like Parramatta and AAMI Park. Enforce removal of hoods, masks, glasses at the barriers. A ban list any other way is impractical. Trouble would seem less likely on the road due to a smaller crowd to blend in to.

Corsair

It absolutely should be deployed if it isn't already in use. Start with the most likely places first like Parramatta and AAMI Park. Enforce removal of hoods, masks, glasses at the barriers. A ban list any other way is impractical. Trouble would seem less likely on the road due to a smaller crowd to blend in to.
I really think it's an invasion of privacy for most circumstances (see recent lash back from public of Bunnings and Good Guys using it and rescinding it when the public found out and were outraged) but in this specific case (in stadiums at sporting events) I think it's warranted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred