• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CEO comment for fans and members

midfielder

smh reporting Ch 10 are furious .... apparently heaps of people cancelling P + subs.... and fan reaction has not gone unnoticed by 10.... seems like DT not only miss read the fan reaction but also the Ch 10 reaction...

Also when DT said after 3 years it might go to another capital city DNSW are furious ... you can't make this stuff up....

Its simple IMO rescind the contract....

marinermick

Bloke had the decision to financially cripple his already cash-strapped club, or have a bunch of Grand Final's we probably won't play in played in Sydney. Seems like he actually has kahunas to me, instead of f**king his club over "for the greater good".

How is a couple of hundred thousand a year financially crippling the club? Club just made a million dollars from the World Cup.

Corsair

Really? We're the one club that's been screwed like this already anyway. Why are we so mad that the other clubs can't get screwed the way we are and always will be regardless of this?

I really don't get the outrage from Mariners fans. It doesn't really affect us in the slightest, if anything it helps us. To walk out on your own team because of something that has nothing to do with them and doesn't really affect us, seems very self-righteous to me.
The outrage has a lot of history behind it. This is not the first time the figurehead in charge of the APL has treated the fans with total disregard and appeared to lie to us. There has been obvious manipulation of various circumstances and apparent deceit since he's been in charge.

This "apologise afterwards, there's nothing they can do anyway" situation is the straw that broke the camels back. This decision is not what any true fans from any club wants and had the APL and more specifically Townsend, bothered to talk to a single fan group they'd have found that completely obvious point out.

The level of arrogance and utter disregard for loyal fans across the entire league is incredible.

If nothing is done here, even if it's just a symbolic walkout from one game, then this behaviour from the APL will continue. They have to be accountable. A decision of this magnitude that is so fundamental to the league and has such a huge impact on the fans shouldn't be taken with no consultation with most of the clubs and all of the fans.

The result might have ended up the same but you'd have brought people along on the journey with you. This is where mushroom management gets you, keep people in the dark and throw shit on them, the result is they hate you. Our CEO and owner do the exact opposite, deal with the members of our club with transparency. You don't always agree with the decisions but you understand how they've been formed and you feel respected.

Last edited:

Corsair

smh reporting Ch 10 are furious .... apparently heaps of people cancelling P + subs.... and fan reaction has not gone unnoticed by 10.... seems like DT not only miss read the fan reaction but also the Ch 10 reaction...

Also when DT said after 3 years it might go to another capital city DNSW are furious ... you can't make this stuff up....

Its simple IMO rescind the contract....
I expect this is the cause of the emergency meeting.

Corsair

A new emergency meeting is being called tomorrow...

"Some have privately voiced concerns that Lederer – and Sydney chairman Scott Barlow, who also sits on the APL board – were given the right to take part in the initial vote when the decision could be seen to benefit their respective clubs."

Sounds like a corrupt boys club, I hope this does force a change and the APL begin working for all clubs, not having favourites.

FFC Mariner

Rumours the Luke Wilkshire was seen near the building by Victory fans who staked it out
May have been someone else, could be there for some other reasons. Could be rubbish

style_cafe

I posted this also on the matchday board as a similar discussion is being held there.

The way I see it, for what it`s worth, is that :-
a) We are are locked in for 3 years.
b) We don`t want to lose any future government grants,assistance etc.
c) We want the League to survive. (not that it`s in danger now)
e) We don`t like Townsend
f) Perottet is a dick and has used public money in an attempt to get re-elected.
g)We were all happy with the way the venue was selected before (except when we were shafted)

1) So if we are locked in and accept it, items 1-3 as a club we can live with.
2) We use this as a platform to unite the clubs and get rid of Townsend with banners at all games from here on in until he goes and at a designated time in all games we have a 1 minute chant of TOWNSEND OUT! from fans from both clubs. Say at 22.5 mins.
3) Ditto for Perottet but get a promise of more funding from the incoming government if he gets booted. Perottet out chant can start at 67.5mins
4) We get all clubs represented on the APL with fan groups also getting some representation at meetings and all clubs sign up to have the grand final played at the highest ranking participants ground that season.

:popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

fruitbat

Its assumed that IF the APL are pressured into reversing the agreement with Destination NSW, that DNSW will resist and we will end up in Court and/or have to pay fees/compensation for reneging on the contract.

Maybe not.
The mere suggestion to Dom P. that the thousands of organised active supporters in NSW will not only vote against his Government in the upcoming election, but will also offer to display political advertising in their yards and offer themselves as volunteers for campaigns against any sitting coalition MPs may just give him food for thought. I'd happily hand out material reminding voters that this is the Government that introduced the unpopular forced council mergers. The election in March is a blessing. If it was a year away the arm twisting would be less effective. The Teal tsunami will be fresh in his mind. All the more reason for supporters to demonstrate their organised action this weekend. Yes we can withhold our attendance and our membership fees, but we can also be political.

Last edited:

Tevor

Its assumed that IF the APL are pressured into reversing the agreement with Destination NSW, that DNSW will resist and we will end up in Court and/or have to pay fees/compensation for reneging on the contract.

Maybe not.
The mere suggestion to Dom P. that the thousands of organised active supporters in NSW will not only vote against his Government in the upcoming election, but will also offer to display political advertising in their yards and offer themselves as volunteers for campaigns against any sitting MPs may just give him food for thought. I'd happily hand out material reminding voters that this is the Goovernment that introduced the unpopular forced council mereers. The election in March is a blessing. If it was a year away the arm twisting would be less effective. The Teal tsunami will be fresh in his mind. All the more reason for supporters to demonstrate their organised action this weekend. Yes we can withhold our attendance and our membership fees, but we can also be political.
If the APL approached the Government which is the most likely situation then you can’t blame them for brokering the deal. This is the APL foremost in my opinion. If it’s reversed then APL will have to foot the bill. This is not being reversed anyway in my opinion.

Ironbark

I haven't had a chance to listen to the pod yet so might already be stated, but I get the impression the consequences of backing out make it rather difficult and hence the vote to stick with the deal. Suspect it's unlikely to change now. Regardless protests still need to be held.

JackMariner

Maybe not.
The mere suggestion to Dom P. that the thousands of organised active supporters in NSW will not only vote against his Government in the upcoming election, but will also offer to display political advertising in their yards and offer themselves as volunteers for campaigns against any sitting coalition MPs may just give him food for thought. I'd happily hand out material reminding voters that this is the Government that introduced the unpopular forced council mergers. The election in March is a blessing. If it was a year away the arm twisting would be less effective. The Teal tsunami will be fresh in his mind. All the more reason for supporters to demonstrate their organised action this weekend. Yes we can withhold our attendance and our membership fees, but we can also be political.
Regarding Dom having the persona of Hanibal Lecter in the NSW parliament bearpit, but in public Meryl Streep in Sophies Choice is not going to reflect well on him in the upcoming election.

Last edited:

Big Al

I haven't had a chance to listen to the pod yet so might already be stated, but I get the impression the consequences of backing out make it rather difficult and hence the vote to stick with the deal. Suspect it's unlikely to change now. Regardless protests still need to be held.
Still should have voted to look at the consequences.

They settled for the talk from APL instead of lawyers. Should have voted to at least have a look at the cost

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred