• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CEO comment for fans and members

Michael

Slight difference. He was involved in yesterday's vote and he chose greed over people.
His attempt to justify shafting the fans does him no credit.
At least under Mike Charlesworth he would be brave enough to be honest.
Only 4 chairmen voted against this deal
Tricky Dicky wasn't one of them.
Just another chancer. So sad that we have another one. This will end badly for CCM
You’re coming across a clown here to be totally honest. Those 4 no votes mean nothing, even if they all voted no. Means nothing. Contracts have been signed. Shit would be a whole lot worse, court cases etc if they tried getting out of it.

FFC Mariner

So Dick got bullied by the mean kids and didn't have the balls to stand strong.
Bad things coming for CCM with someone this spineless in charge not in charge. Hoping to pay enough to be in charge

Coastalraider

Well this is the kind of crap that shuts the door on a really open communication channel from our management to the fans.

At least have enough respect to act with some dignity and appreciate our ceo and chairman being more open than any other club management in the country, even if you don’t agree with the outcome.

Meerkat

A new emergency meeting is being called tomorrow...

This I’m really finding hard to understand. They have had a meeting and apparently they “Can’t” get out of the move. That is the line we have been sold.
“Legally binding” or the league and clubs will go broke. Apparently.
soooooo… the point of the meeting is what? How to sell it to us harder?

Wombat

Slight difference. He was involved in yesterday's vote and he chose greed over people.
His attempt to justify shafting the fans does him no credit.
At least under Mike Charlesworth he would be brave enough to be honest.
Only 4 chairmen voted against this deal
Tricky Dicky wasn't one of them.
Just another chancer. So sad that we have another one. This will end badly for CCM
Calm the f**k down Private Frazer.

We never have and never will host a Grand Final while the dogs at APL use their stooges to rig results. Why are you doing a hatchet job on the man who is literally our saviour.
We along with Wellington are the only clubs not affected by this bullshit. Your comment about Mike is laughable and resigns your post to the "nutbag" category.

Park your OCD bro.

I just read Richard's statement and any vitriol towards him is totally misguided imho. He is a small fish, and the newest entry to the pond. Please get a f**king grip people.

Last edited:

midfielder

Shaun

Twice in my business life two different people gave me the same advice years apart.... it went something like this... if you think about something in a certain way unless you have something wrong with you many others will feel the same.....i.e a good looking person goes by and you think thats a good looking person....maybe wearing smart clothes...so if you think so many others will as well....

Auburn, Blacktown Demons, The Northern Spirit have all been Football teams I have followed still with a soft spot for Blacktown now city.... for various reasons mostly administrative I moved on ....

Let it be known the grand final was a carry over from the NSL... it could be 40 years of tradition being sold for silver coins...

Reverse the decision for the sake of the game DT can stand his ground but like Lowy before him fans can walk....

StensnessGOAT

Disappointed in the APL but most of all Richard Peil, this isn't good enough and shows a crucial lack of understanding of our history as a club.
Really? We're the one club that's been screwed like this already anyway. Why are we so mad that the other clubs can't get screwed the way we are and always will be regardless of this?

I really don't get the outrage from Mariners fans. It doesn't really affect us in the slightest, if anything it helps us. To walk out on your own team because of something that has nothing to do with them and doesn't really affect us, seems very self-righteous to me.

StensnessGOAT

He had no involvement in the initial decision. But he was at the emergency meeting on Tuesday night and voted to keep the deal in place. He is scum.
As for Richard, we are a NSW based club and Newcastle and Macarthur also voted in favour. Hard to see us voting against our own government, is it not? Harsh as on Richard.

EDIT: Just read his email. It also would've financially crippled us, and why the hell would we financially cripple ourselves "for the greater good". You'd seriously rather have no Central Coast Mariners than have other clubs' home grand finals held in Sydney? You'd rather we fold for the sake of seeming self-righteous and like we support "the greater good" that never seems to matter with us? Wtf is this.

Last edited:

StensnessGOAT

So Dick got bullied by the mean kids and didn't have the balls to stand strong.
Bad things coming for CCM with someone this spineless in charge not in charge. Hoping to pay enough to be in charge
Bloke had the decision to financially cripple his already cash-strapped club, or have a bunch of Grand Final's we probably won't play in played in Sydney. Seems like he actually has kahunas to me, instead of f**king his club over "for the greater good".

Meerkat

Really? We're the one club that's been screwed like this already anyway. Why are we so mad that the other clubs can't get screwed the way we are and always will be regardless of this?

I really don't get the outrage from Mariners fans. It doesn't really affect us in the slightest, if anything it helps us. To walk out on your own team because of something that has nothing to do with them and doesn't really affect us, seems very self-righteous to me.

Would you feel the same way if you lived in Perth or Adelaide for instance and it DID affect you.. but all of the fans / clubs it didn’t affect did absolutely nothing because it suited them?
What’s fair .. or non self righteous.. about that?

StensnessGOAT

Who cares? Why didn't they stand up for us when we had our Grand Final moved away?

I don't think the deal should've been struck in the first place, but I'd rather not kill our club for the sake of getting it changed now. I'd rather exist than let Perth or Adelaide host their home Grand Final...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami