• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CEO comment for fans and members

fruitbat

This is not being reversed anyway in my
Well you never know until you try. Isn't reversing this decision the goal for we outraged fans? At least we have a shot since the other party is the government who may cave if it realises that it has just pissed off thousands of voters who are organised and willing to help remove them from government. Its a better scenario than the contract being with a private entity that we could not pressure. With the govt there is still a chance.

Tevor

Well you never know until you try. Isn't reversing this decision the goal for we outraged fans? At least we have a shot since the other party is the government who may cave if it realises that it has just pissed off thousands of voters who are organised and willing to help remove them from government. It’s a better scenario than the contract being with a private entity that we could not pressure. With the govt there is still a chance.
APL is going for the time heals everything approach and it may work. I don’t like the decision but I don’t blame the Government as much as others are. APL could have easily approached and done a deal with Vic, QLD, WA etc and all these Governments would have done the same deal. It’s all the APL in my opinion.

FFC Mariner

Election due in March and that drooling simpleton in Terrigal will be getting edgy.
A grassroots fans agai at the liberals would annoy them if nothing else

fruitbat

APL is going for the time heals everything approach and it may work. I don’t like the decision but I don’t blame the Government as much as others are. APL could have easily approached and done a deal with Vic, QLD, WA etc and all these Governments would have done the same deal. It’s all the APL in my opinion.
I'm not blaming the government. I'm also blaming the APL but if they say that the contract cant be canned because the other side will take it to court, then we DO have the opportunity to pressure the govt to consider scrapping it.

Tevor

I'm not blaming the government. I'm also blaming the APL but if they say that the contract cant be canned because the other side will take it to court, then we DO have the opportunity to pressure the govt to consider scrapping it.
Why, it’s a contract. The APL were big enough to arrange and sign it. Buck stops there in my opinion. They should be penalised for pulling out if a d real they looked to arranged.

fruitbat

Why, it’s a contract. The APL were big enough to arrange and sign it. Buck stops there in my opinion. They should be penalised for pulling out if a d real they looked to arranged.
Why? Because a contract can be mutually terminated. It may have been initiated by the APL, but it was agreed to by two parties. To cancel it requires the approval of both of those parties.

Tevor

Why? Because a contract can be mutually terminated. It may have been initiated by the APL, but it was agreed to by two parties. To cancel it requires the approval of both of those parties.
Whatever, if it was so easy there would be no need for lawyers and courts. I think some are making it politically motivated instead of blaming the true and only culprit (APL).

fruitbat

Whatever, if it was so easy there would be no need for lawyers and courts. I think some are making it politically motivated instead of blaming the true and only culprit (APL).
I don't think reversing it IS going to be easy. It requires convincing two parties that a mutually beneficial agreement is actually detrimental and that it needs to be cancelled. The lawyers and Court only come in to it if one party disagrees on cancelling it. Yes the blame lies with the APL and they need to be encouraged to revisit the agreement. That's where walkouts etc come into it. The reality is that the other party is a government and we have a unique opportunity to influence this other party. The way we can do that is by being political. Putting their seats in jeopardy the only thing [apart from bags of money] that motivate politicians. I hope someone in the Yellow Army considers this and liaises with other active supporter groups to coordinate action.

Tevor

I don't think reversing it IS going to be easy. It requires convincing two parties that a mutually beneficial agreement is actually detrimental and that it needs to be cancelled. The lawyers and Court only come in to it if one party disagrees on cancelling it. Yes the blame lies with the APL and they need to be encouraged to revisit the agreement. That's where walkouts etc come into it. The reality is that the other party is a government and we have a unique opportunity to influence this other party. The way we can do that is by being political. Putting their seats in jeopardy the only thing [apart from bags of money] that motivate politicians. I hope someone in the Yellow Army considers this and liaises with other active supporter groups to coordinate action.
The APL wants the money, you are assuming the APL wants out but the government will not let them. I don’t think this is the casa at all. Have not seen any thing that suggests the APL is being held to anything.

ballantyne

Can we examine this idea of "a week-long festival of football"? @Shaun Mielekamp do you have any info on what the key drivers/features of this would be? The APL offers this as the key benefit against the cost of the decision's unpopularity, but is it fleshed out at all?

pjennings

Make no mistake this contract is on the APL's head. As far as politics is concerned I only blame the NSW Government (whatever stripe) because it is once again favouring Sydney over the regions.

If it was about 'a week long festival of football' why not announce that including the regions like the Central Coast and Newcastle. Simply because we have a Sydney Government and the rest of NSW is ignored.

Tevor

Make no mistake this contract is on the APL's head. As far as politics is concerned I only blame the NSW Government (whatever stripe) because it is once again favouring Sydney over the regions.

If it was about 'a week long festival of football' why not announce that including the regions like the Central Coast and Newcastle. Simply because we have a Sydney Government and the rest of NSW is ignored.
I accept that and good point but this blaming the Government when the APL doesn’t want out of the deal is just ignorance.

marinermick

Can we examine this idea of "a week-long festival of football"? @Shaun Mielekamp do you have any info on what the key drivers/features of this would be? The APL offers this as the key benefit against the cost of the decision's unpopularity, but is it fleshed out at all?

Thanks to Shaun who dropped in to Bay Rd yesterday and had a beer with supporters.

He said the week long activities include All Stars games (men and women) versus an international club as well as the awards night.

They are trying to advocate to the APL to now have a two legged grand final as a compromise. The first leg at the highest rated team’s city and the second in Sydney.

Tevor

Thanks to Shaun who dropped in to Bay Rd yesterday and had a beer with supporters.

He said the week long activities include All Stars games (men and women) versus an international club as well as the awards night.

They are trying to advocate to the APL to now have a two legged grand final as a compromise. The first leg at the highest rated team’s city and the second in Sydney.
Two legged final sounds like a good compromise.

fruitbat

The APL wants the money, you are assuming the APL wants out but the government will not let them. I don’t think this is the casa at all. Have not seen any thing that suggests the APL is being held to anything.
I am hoping that the APL will be pressured by fans to rethink this decision. Elsewhere on the forum it was said that this was not possible because the govt would resist. Not sure who it was. My point is that it is not an insurmountable problem. I agree that that they want the money, but is the cost too high if fans disengage?

ballantyne

Friendlies - how ironic.
I'm sure the contract with NSW as an exclusivity clause, so in any case it would be renegotiated right?

fruitbat

Does anyone really think that soccer fans are able to swing a nsw election, when the vast, vast majority of its constituents and soccer fans will actually benefit from this agreement?
It seems that an awful lot of fans are unhappy. Swinging an election is unlikely-but pollies may have second thoughts if they have handed their opponents thousands of volunteers. I think its just as unlikely that fan walkouts will make the APL review their decision, but its worth a shot isnt it?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred