• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Chairman’s Letter Nov 2023

Forum Phoenix

I despise this thread.

Monty himself said that Peil's support made a big difference for him as a coach and be able to look after the players and achieve success. Yet some of you show zero respect or appreciation.

Negative, self destructive, cruel, entitled, uncharitable whining is what I hear. Place is going to the dogs again. Fustrating after years of trying to be a positive contributor on here. The football discussion has become progressively more biased, less fact based and irrational. Think I'm going to have to bail until we start winning. Not wasting my life entreating people to be more reasonable who just continue to act and reason with such obvious poor charity and bad faith.

Last edited:

Ironbark

Clip
SO EASY to blame everyone and everyone else.. but what’s that achieving?
Clip
Ironic...
as there seems to be quite a lot of exactly this on this forum when things aren't going absolutely swimmingly. Including right now.

All this high velocity the sky is falling in nonsense is starting to do my head in. Don't get me wrong people will feel the need to vent and this is the place to do it, but maybe people could look to dial back the panic a little hey. It's a game. We'll get there.

Michael summed it all up pretty well I thought.

It's a pretty straightforward letter, mostly telling us what we already know and what his view on it is. It's not a dodge, it's not a blame.
It's simply a: this is how it is and please keep supporting through the ups and the downs so we can have the ups again.

Ironbark

I despise this thread.

Monty himself said that Peil's support made a big difference for him as a coach and be able to look after the players and achieve success. Yet some of you show zero respect or appreciation.

Negative, self destructive, cruel, entitled, uncharitable whining is what I hear. Place is going to the dogs again. Fustrating after years of trying to be a positive contributor on here. The football discussion has become progressively more biased, less fact based and irrational. Think I'm going to have to bail until we start winning. Not wasting my life entreating people to be more reasonable who just continue act and reason with such obvious poor charity and bad faith.
Stick it out a bit longer please FP, your measure and perspective contribute to the usual greatness in this place

LG__

Really don’t know how to feel about these long statements in general.

I appreciate the effort made and transparency of them, however usually they leave me feeling a bit edgy.

Coastalraider

After all the commentary around here in recent weeks about Rich’s absence, it’s telling that as soon as he pens one of the most open and honest letters to the fans that any team owner does in the comp, he gets it nit picked and criticised no end…

Would everyone prefer he just did PR spin crap line every other team owner?!?

The whole ‘stay on the coast’ thing seems blown way out of proportion- he’s openly seeking additional investment, his criteria is a partner that supports youth development and growing the team in situ - he hasn’t found that combination so it looking to fulfil that criteria in other ways rather than looking at someone who doesn’t fit it - that’s great news right?

FFC Mariner

After all the commentary around here in recent weeks about Rich’s absence, it’s telling that as soon as he pens one of the most open and honest letters to the fans that any team owner does in the comp, he gets it nit picked and criticised no end…

Would everyone prefer he just did PR spin crap line every other team owner?!?
Yes. That's exactly what he should do.
Say nothing or let your media people do it.

Wombat

Think you blokes are overreacting abit

He merely stated what happened when the players and staff left. At what point isn’t it his fault when they all wanted to leave for a better level or better money? What more could rich have done in that scenario? We’re a develop and sell club after all, the scenario we’re living right now was always a massive possibility of happening sooner or later. He’s literally said he didn’t want to lose so many so quickly. What’s wrong with that? It’s a simple fact? He offered better contracts for one more year. They didn’t want it. And that’s fine.

I see him taking responsibility with this email whilst also asking certain fans to calm down (which is very f**king true, many need to chill). Doubts about the coach have entered my mind too, but I’m trying to sit back and see what unfolds. Instead of fear mongering.

The main point above anything else i took from it is he’s now made a statement that he’s standing by Jacko and where possible will give him resources in January.
Obviously that could change if nothing improves in the league, I hope it doesn’t, not because I’m a Jacko fan boy but because any change of coach for our club mid season is literally season over at that point.
Whingers have gotta whinge. Some of our posters have their own chant....."Whinge when we're winning, we still whinge when were winning"

Meerkat

BTW I think RP should be glad that he has us as a focus group whether he likes what he hears or not.
150% this. He puts out an email, he can expect commentary and feedback. Has anybody else heard the question, “what are the conversations that are had when you are not in the room? “ Well, Rich doesn’t have to wonder. As any kind of leader you need to be prepared to hear things you don’t want to hear. I guess, positives to him for taking that risk.

Big Al

Let’s face it we are all in trauma from years of you know what and we finally ended in dreamland so over analysing is our specialty.

I think he is being honest and that’s all we can ask for.

We are to quick to see the negatives but i also see the honesty, as i can only do so much. i need you to help me, help you have a team

I think it supposed to enspire us to become members and go to games. Unfortunately we see it as here we go again.

There is a lot of scepticism but let’s face it he is putting his money on the line as did Charlesworth.

He has put money into the team and it performed magnificently. Beyond our wildest dreams.

Unfortunately all the success has lead to the inevitable breakup of the team and the high from the grand final the club would have been hoping to kick on from. Unfortunately it has been ripped to shreds by players and coaches leaving.

People love winning and all the good will gets undone in a few short months.

It’s fun to speculate that’s what forums and opinions are for but i hope for everyone we get a few wins on the board and everyone’s spirits lift. I don’t care if it’s 4-0 with 20 shots or 1-0 dicking a lucky goal against the run of play. We need a positive lift post turmoil

adz

Staff member
I have to admit the bit about staying on the coast jumped out at me too. It's a line that has been used many times, Canberra and North Sydney debacles, threats to council or whatever, it's easy for us to focus one. I don't really get that one as there is no way the club will ever "move" anywhere, if someone buys the club and doesn't want it on the coast any more they will start a new one somewhere else with the license, the Mariners either continues with the other comps, maybe the 2nd division, or closes its doors.

- Last season’s Championship was not the result of a ‘one-year successful sprint’. It took four years of hard work by Monty and Serg both in the academy space and then in the first team environment to win the Championship. There were many others like Anton Tagliaferro and Shaun Mielekamp who worked tirelessly behind the scenes over that four-year period that also contributed greatly to the Championship.

Championships are not delivered in one season. Australian legend Mark Viduka played 17 seasons of club football and won only four Championships. That doesn’t mean the other 13 seasons were a waste, or were poor, or were necessarily worthy of criticism, it just means that his team didn’t have all the pieces they needed to be the best in those years.

... we will be active within our means, just as we were last season, in attempting to strengthen our squad during the January window. In the meantime, I respectfully ask that we all give the new coaches and players time, we desperately need you all to keep supporting the club despite our start.

We are still the same low budget club fighting hard to compete with the deeper pocketed rivals, and despite our best efforts, we will inevitably have good, great and unfortunately frustrating periods. We need your support through all three phases!

I do like these points and it shows some longer term planning and expectations from the club. As fans we just have to deal with the fact that we're not going to win every single game, especially straight after a huge turnover of players, let alone coaching staff. It shows we're no longer going after those magic bullet, quick fixes, tacky ideas to try and create hype. We're focusing on putting together a strong team, and will shuffle things around in January as with recent years.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

One sentence stands out like dogs bollocks
“so far I have not been able to find an investor to join me to form a long-term partnership committed to youth development and keeping the club on the coast”

We've had investors in the past interested in relocating the club. Looks like we're still getting that. Nothing unusual there, and overall I take that sentence as a positive that they're not letting the club move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred