• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Ancient Mariner

I actually think it would have done the opposite last night. Would have made worldwide news, embarrassed the new organisation and forced some sort of meaningful change.
You are right, but the Club would have been severely punished in the aftermath.
If not, such an action could spread.
If the APL did not take appropriate action I suspect FIFA would force them to.

Corsair

There are repercussions for leaving the field without permission, used to be a straight red in my day, not sure now. However opting to not play and just stand there while the opposition belts in goal after goal couldn't be illegal I don't think....

dibo

There are repercussions for leaving the field without permission, used to be a straight red in my day, not sure now.
Entering or leaving without permission is a yellow. Sergio van Dijk copped one years ago in Adelaide when he was busting for a shit and hightailed it up the tunnel to the referees' room.

Given it's a guaranteed yellow, but only a yellow, wonder if he did a real number on it just to make it worth his while?

Corsair

Entering or leaving without permission is a yellow. Sergio van Dijk copped one years ago in Adelaide when he was busting for a shit and hightailed it up the tunnel to the referees' room.

Given it's a guaranteed yellow, but only a yellow, wonder if he did a real number on it just to make it worth his while?
Reading playboy for half an hour?!

LG__

please tell me that there are a few banners getting put together, happy to contribute

the word justice springs to mind

Forum Phoenix

I actually think it would have done the opposite last night. Would have made worldwide news, embarrassed the new organisation and forced some sort of meaningful change.
I agree. Would have been great. Football fraternity in Australia was fired up last night. Such an obvious disgrace. Opportunity missed.

But I didn't expect the players to initiate it in the moment. Too well drilled to be professional and try and win the game - which is why they, and us, and everyone in Aus football deserve so much better.

Corsair

Morrow at 52 mins...sadly I'm close. How this Shaun Evans investigation plays out will be the key deciding factor. If we're not treated fairly there really is no point being involved. I'm really sad about that, especially in a week where me and my mate got FB memories with photos of us with the toilet seat so happy with our ? Maybe the universe is trying to tell us time's up... just so gutted about being cheated in this way. I'll stop there before another rant unravels.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well, Mrs Recky thought for sure the swear jar sound effect would go into melt down BUT she says cudos chaps , she was most impressed ...she didnt hear f**k once ( she should of listened to the whole thing )

true believer

do we need to acquire a monster for dm .to counter our lack of physicality.
do some of our kids need to spend some more time in the weight room.

roun needs to stay at rb (sorry cb) . i believe dan hall could play anywhere on the park .
are we better suited to dan hall at DM as he's already 5 minutes ahead of the game

Last edited:

pjennings

Care to comment on this and the effect that the combined Dan Hall man crush may be having? (follow the link!!)

TC Redline

Damn, Ramble! Back at it again with the WINNING POD ?
Joined this afternoon by Beni N’kololo, we’ll unpack the last couple of rounds, look ahead to our quick turnaround against the Vuck, and of course answer your questions (so drop them below!)
Question. Do you think the Club is concerned over the crowds at our home games? Albeit crowds are poor across the league , yes we lost a few games, , yes we receive some really bad decisions, Yes Covid is still an issue for some and yes game allocations and times we always seem to be shafted but the supporters on the Central coast always seem to have an excuse not to go. One positive is you can grab a beer quickly without missing the game but I can’t see how it’s sustainable with the lack of patronage and crowds of only 3000 odd. Cheers Andy

Ancient Mariner

The Club should be worried about crowds but so should the whole league.
Can the league recover from Covid, average tv coverage, a motsa spent (wasted?) on Keepup, artificial teams without much following, declining crowds, hence interest, hence sponsorship dollars.
It is starting to feel like the early days of the decline of the old NSL.

Tevor

The Club should be worried about crowds but so should the whole league.
Can the league recover from Covid, average tv coverage, a motsa spent (wasted?) on Keepup, artificial teams without much following, declining crowds, hence interest, hence sponsorship dollars.
It is starting to feel like the early days of the decline of the old NSL.
Yep starting to spiral out of control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred