• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Wombat

Wow. What a bunch of depressing, negative people! Maybe we need Xanax as a club sponsor and Nick Cave as our walk out music.

Give your heads a collective shake.

---------------------------

Loved the last 2 pods Pete, Luke and Erin.

My question is Mueller is not really working as a link between the mids and C-Dog and Urena......should we try Cy as a 10? It looks like his natural possie and he fed Alf for fun in India.

priorpeter

Question. Do you think the Club is concerned over the crowds at our home games? Albeit crowds are poor across the league , yes we lost a few games, , yes we receive some really bad decisions, Yes Covid is still an issue for some and yes game allocations and times we always seem to be shafted but the supporters on the Central coast always seem to have an excuse not to go. One positive is you can grab a beer quickly without missing the game but I can’t see how it’s sustainable with the lack of patronage and crowds of only 3000 odd. Cheers Andy
Thanks Andy - sorry just missed this one but we will for sure look to address it in an upcoming pod where we address the state of the game more broadly

My question is Mueller is not really working as a link between the mids and C-Dog and Urena......should we try Cy as a 10? It looks like his natural possie and he fed Alf for fun in India.
Thanks Jim - apologies we had also wrapped recording by the time I saw this but we did discuss Muller/Cy a fair bit generally, hopefully covers it off! Thanks again for tuning in

marinermick

Wow. What a bunch of depressing, negative people! Maybe we need Xanax as a club sponsor and Nick Cave as our walk out music.

---------------------------

Players walking out to “Song of Joy” would inflict fear into any opposition team.

Coast Football Ramble

Breaking the hoodoo? Completed it mate. Might not have been pretty, but a W is a W.

Pete, Luke, and Moz are BACK for another instalment of the Ramble! The lads unpack the Adelaide & Brisbane games (did someone say WINNING POD?!), look ahead to our sixteenth match against Melbourne Victory so far this season, Moz practises his French, Beni Nkololo calls in for a chat, and of course answer your questions.

0.00-10.10 Intro/Fred's Question
10.18-47.40 Adelaide/Brisbane Reviews
47.47-57.30 Beni Nkololo
57.37-68.42 Upcoming Fixtures
68.49-90.30 Fan Questions/Outro

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

FFS. Still on the injured list. Pain killers doing little. It's raining.
I have a fly fishing trip to the Snowys planned for next week which stands a good chance of being cancelled because the streams are flooded. I have a fall back, with the trip to Mudgee and the wineries, but neither will happen if I do not pass a fitness test.
Plus all the things I listed.
Who wouldn't be a fed up, miserable, grumpy old bastard.

Here's my music.

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

Great pod guys, glad to hear you getting on board the Beni fan club.
Hopefully we will hear a few more joining the Moresche fan club next.

All jokes aside about being depressing and miserable, a session with Moz on the state of the A-league would be a worthwhile rant. Until they fix the basics, all the glitz in the world will not stop fans walking.

Ancient Mariner

What is wrong with you physically, maybe we can help?

The mental side you are on your own lol.
A couple of bulging discs plus some age related fascia joint issues. Comes from a misspent youth playing rugby and packing down in the front row in too many scrums.

I have kept my dodgy back in check for many years with lots of strengthening work in the gym. However, I blame covid because it has kept me out of the gym in recent times.

Thanks for the offer, however I am in the hands of an excellent physio and should be back on deck soon (if I behave). Priority at the moment is to be good enough to drive to Jindabyne and walk up lots of creeks, so I am being a bit cautious until then.

I am pissed off missing the first game at Pluim, looking forward to the next crop of youth.

The mental side is probably also a result of too many scrums.

Kilsin

A couple of bulging discs plus some age related fascia joint issues. Comes from a misspent youth playing rugby and packing down in the front row in too many scrums.

I have kept my dodgy back in check for many years with lots of strengthening work in the gym. However, I blame covid because it has kept me out of the gym in recent times.

Thanks for the offer, however I am in the hands of an excellent physio and should be back on deck soon (if I behave). Priority at the moment is to be good enough to drive to Jindabyne and walk up lots of creeks, so I am being a bit cautious until then.

I am pissed off missing the first game at Pluim, looking forward to the next crop of youth.

The mental side is probably also a result of too many scrums.
Sorry to hear that mate, but glad you have a good Physio though, they are worth their weight in gold.

I work with a lot of my clients Physios (as a Personal trainer) and a good portion of them with back issues I am able to help via Glute and Ab focussed training (alongside a balanced full-body strength and conditioning program), it really helps to support the back (mainly lower) so maybe worth mentioning it to your Physio if he isn't already on top of it mate.

Not sure where you're located but as a CCMFC fan I'm happy to throw a free PT session your way to go over some solid exercises to improve quality of life if you're interested, I am based out of Erina Fair Fitness First.

Back on topic:
Great Podcast fellas! Good to get that W in. I'm a big fan of Beni and looking forward to seeing what else he can do this season.

Big Al

Can we get a discussion about the recruitment of Cummings please?

Can see why we went after him and it was a good get in theory but the timing has ruined what was an already ordinary attack and he and Urena’s chemistry is horrible. Not sure if Marco is pissed he was brought in because he takes Marcos spot or Moreshe spot.
They seemed to have a good friendship that was starting to show promise and then it was totally destroyed by Cummings. Marco seems pissed about the signing

Marco has been poor since and not just personally but how the team is using him.

Cummings has no connection on the field with anyone and after a good couple of games has looked like never getting into a good position and receiving any kind of service.

Thoughts on all angles please.

Ancient Mariner

I think you would need to be a lot closer to know what is really going on.
It could be two large egos and only space for one or simply that their style of play just does not work out complimentary, or it could be that Nizz on the wing provided more for Marco than was obvious.
I did notice at times last night that in the second half both Marco and Cummings (mostly Marco) were dropping very deep in attack to try and bring the ball forward.
Whatever the cause it needs to get sorted quick.
There is much work to be done. Last year the attack had difficulty finishing good chances. Those good chances are now few and far between.

Marco had a good and productive understanding with Matty last year and appeared to be working well with Moresche. We even looked better in the one game with Marco and Nizz up front.
Something is seriously not working.

Ozhammer

?:goodpost: This

Our attackers look ordinary due to our lack of ability to dominate the midfield battle, which was particularly disappointing in last night’s game given that Perf didn’t exactly field the strongest midfield in the league themselves.

I was hoping that O’Neil’s absence would allow our boys to assert themselves on the middle third and to support our strikers better but the truth is that Perf out pointed us there despite their lineup effectively being young and relatively inexperienced, so that’s a big worry.

I also got extremely cranky that Perf were repeatedly able to find space between our midfield and back line, when we failed comprehensively to do the same to them, so that needs to be fixed before any meaningful improvement in team performance is likely to happen.

Tevor

?:goodpost: This

Our attackers look ordinary due to our lack of ability to dominate the midfield battle, which was particularly disappointing in last night’s game given that Perf didn’t exactly field the strongest midfield in the league themselves.

I was hoping that O’Neil’s absence would allow our boys to assert themselves on the middle third and to support our strikers better but the truth is that Perf out pointed us there despite their lineup effectively being young and relatively inexperienced, so that’s a big worry.

I also got extremely cranky that Perf were repeatedly able to find space between our midfield and back line, when we failed comprehensively to do the same to them, so that needs to be fixed before any meaningful improvement in team performance is likely to happen.
I think it all stems from the midfield Oz, I mentioned it ages ago that we probably should have looked for a midfielder not a striker. I also do not think there is a fix for this season.

pjennings

I would honestly start playing Marcos in midfield looking to go forward with Nizz out wide and try Moresche with Cummings up front.

turbo

I did notice at times last night that in the second half both Marco and Cummings (mostly Marco) were dropping very deep in attack to try and bring the ball forward.
They've been doing it a lot because it's the only way they can reliably get involved in the game. When we do get the ball to his feet Cummings has shown quality and been dangerous but it's way too infrequent. We need structural changes to how we go forward because it isnt working. Last night we missed Miller's influence and didnt have Muller to bring on and switch things up but if the starting squad we could put out there, one that was mostly business as usual, can't do better than that we aren't going to win many.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred