• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Expansion thread

finally retired

AKL Football 24 owner, Bill Foley said: “Steve is a proven winner, both as a player, as a head coach, and he plays an attractive style of football. His philosophy is aligned with what we want to achieve at the club, to be successful and to entertain the fans.

He is passionate about developing young players to succeed in the A-League and we are confident his appointment will attract some of the best talent from around New Zealand.

? ??????

FFC Mariner

AKL Football 24 owner, Bill Foley said: “Steve is a proven winner, both as a player, as a head coach, and he plays an attractive style of football. His philosophy is aligned with what we want to achieve at the club, to be successful and to entertain the fans.

He is passionate about developing young players to succeed in the A-League and we are confident his appointment will attract some of the best talent from around New Zealand.

? ??????
To be fair - he has developed young players for us, Wanderers and lots of other clubs

Insertnamehere

? ??????
Foley up here smoking crack. They played good ball because they had a well oiled peak age team. As soon as they aged too far it went to shit and Corica got found out as a coach.

I can only assume Foley's deep pockets are gonna allow Coricas weakness to be papered over again.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
if I've said it once, I've said it twice, WE DONT NEED ANOTHER FKN NZ TEAM ....but what do I know

Insertnamehere

We can't afford the clubs we have and they are still talking about expansion and a second tier ??
2 seperate issues. We do need to expand to get the quantity of games up. BUT we need good owners, not the macshits abd Bullshits owners with personal agendas. Or some dodgy kent trying yo buy a club for $1.

We need billionaires with proper football backing ala Auckland.

Stuartmcateer

2 seperate issues. We do need to expand to get the quantity of games up. BUT we need good owners, not the macshits abd Bullshits owners with personal agendas. Or some dodgy kent trying yo buy a club for $1.
Quantity of games can be done by having 3 rounds.

I'm not convinced of the value of expanding just to get more games if the clubs are going to the wall every few years.

We need billionaires with proper football backing ala Auckland.
We have been needing them for ever.

adz

Staff member
Personally I don't think more billionaires is the answer. Relying on individuals to keep throwing their money away to fund clubs doesn't seem like a great solution to make up for bad management and no long-term planning.

Rising Sun

Personally I don't think more billionaires is the answer. Relying on individuals to keep throwing their money away to fund clubs doesn't seem like a great solution to make up for bad management and no long-term planning.
Exactly, we need more good administrators (and owners willing to listen to them) not billionaires.

If every club had a Shaun Mielekamp running them then the depth of the pockets of the owners would not be a major factor and the league would be in a much better place.

Insertnamehere

Well CFG are in charge now so we get to see how billionaires are gonna run the game. Foley must be happy with them because CFG are running his team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred