• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Expansion thread

Ironbark

Canberra revealing details for a bid this afternoon. Unsure if that includes buying the Mariners.
Hearing plenty of talk that proposing to buy the CCM licence is on the cards...but reading between the lines I don't think they are looking to put up the money required.

In reality what I'm 'hearing' is little more that heresay at the moment so can't read anything into it

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I went to watch the Cosmos play a few times down at Bruce ...the crowds were terrible all 4 times , were did they suddenly get a rabid fan base from

FFC Mariner

I wouldnt rule out some sort of JV where they buy a % in return for a name and some games in Canberra. That will kill them on the CC and the Canberra football community wont like it but when did Charlesworth ever make the right call?

Ironbark

So no real news other then they're ready to go with either a new licence or buying the Mariners as plan b

jacobsfl

The Canberra bid hopes it can be part of the A-League in the next 18 months.

The Canberra bid's main points include:

1. Obtaining a licence for a Canberra-based team in the A-League from 2021/22
  2. If not, then a Canberra-based team taking over the A-League licence of Central Coast Mariners
  3. Respected youth coach Ron Smith to unearth the Canberra bid's future A-League stars
  4. 8000 foundation members for the Canberra bid
Source - FTBL

Insertnamehere

Did anyone else read that the owners of PSG were the money behind Canberra and that the FFA asked them if they wanted to invest in another team instead, in front of the Canberra bid board?

Asshats, the FFA. Gallop was always the wrong option and he's possibly cost a massive investor.

turbo

Did anyone else read that the owners of PSG were the money behind Canberra and that the FFA asked them if they wanted to invest in another team instead, in front of the Canberra bid board?

Asshats, the FFA. Gallop was always the wrong option and he's possibly cost a massive investor.
Disgraceful isn’t it. Could you imagine Canberra coming in hot with oil money behind them? That would be something.

priorpeter

west melbourne already sold out geelong .with a preposed stadium at tarneit .

edit as in wm sold out the people of geelong
I think the stadium build in Tarneit was part of their original bid to be fair. Still, not sure why that was considered as part of their bid if it wasn’t going to be ready for their first 3 seasons of existence.

oh wait... the ludicrous amount they paid for the license probably had something to do with it

Insertnamehere

I think the stadium build in Tarneit was part of their original bid to be fair. Still, not sure why that was considered as part of their bid if it wasn’t going to be ready for their first 3 seasons of existence.

oh wait... the ludicrous amount they paid for the license probably had something to do with it

It and the vast sums of money were the exact reason they got the licence. Well the shovel ready stadium wasn't really shovel ready and the vast sums of money have slowly sold their stake. FFAs way of expanding is fkn farce.
MLS is how we should do it. Pick your 2 best markets/locations and say to any parties interested, bring us your best offers.

style_cafe

i`m hearing the Macarthur bid is more a Sydney Utd cover story.
Apparently a "training facility" is being built at the old Fairfield showground which may turn into a stadium that may become the new home ground.
Macarthur were asked to give their NPL spot to the new franchise but refused when they didn`t get a 10 year guarantee of the side staying in Campbelltown.
Hence the approach to Northbridge FC
It`s a few years down the track but the plans are place....:popcorn:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It and the vast sums of money were the exact reason they got the licence. Well the shovel ready stadium wasn't really shovel ready and the vast sums of money have slowly sold their stake. FFAs way of expanding is fkn farce.
MLS is how we should do it. Pick your 2 best markets/locations and say to any parties interested, bring us your best offers.
Well, that and the bribe from foxtel to keep expansion in Sydney/Melbourne.......

As for the MLS - I don't know much about them, but I remember hearing something about their expension, and apparently the MLS really approaches it strategically - they'll earmark suitable expansion markets for various stages of their growth and work with those regions to get them and the community expansion ready, so by the time they are prepared to bring them into the comp, everything is in place from the ground up. Versus out haphazard, no-transparency, bribes-win approach.
There's literally nothing the FFA does well. Nothing.

style_cafe

I couldn`t find the expansion thread but thought this needed an update.
It doesn`t look as though expansion is on the cards for the coming season,but hopefully the further expansion is announced this coming season.
The season definitely needs to be extended and the off season reduced.

Maybe the Australia Cup could fill the void by introducing A League clubs earlier say round of 64?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami