• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Expansion thread

FFC Mariner

So

For those who dont know, I am now in SW Sydney near the new airport (cheeky 4 hour round trip to home games)

Today Im talking to 2 young blokes, one played for Sydney Olympic youth, the other for Hakoah. Knew their football inside and out. Knew about CCU. Really rated "our" Dan McFarlane too. Both had played at Pluim and reckoned CC was a good football area

One was a Serb so we were able to have a Mitro love in :)

So I asked the obvious question. "Do you got to Bulls games?"

FMD the venom, I was a bit taken aback to be honest. These 2 blokes who have been in the football system their whole lives abso-f**king-lutely hate them. With a passion. It seems this is pretty standard which might explain their crowds

Apparently the whole Macarthur/SW Sydney thing is bullshit. They mainly train in Sydney, hate the local association (who I think do a pretty good job TBH). The decision to outsource their youth to Northbridge has terminally damned them it seems.

I always thought CCM could have done a better job engaging the local foootball community but looks like the Bulls have gone all out to piss everyone off.

Sidenote: Mount Druitt youth kids = $4,400 rego for this season

Insertnamehere

So

For those who dont know, I am now in SW Sydney near the new airport (cheeky 4 hour round trip to home games)

Today Im talking to 2 young blokes, one played for Sydney Olympic youth, the other for Hakoah. Knew their football inside and out. Knew about CCU. Really rated "our" Dan McFarlane too. Both had played at Pluim and reckoned CC was a good football area

One was a Serb so we were able to have a Mitro love in :)

So I asked the obvious question. "Do you got to Bulls games?"

FMD the venom, I was a bit taken aback to be honest. These 2 blokes who have been in the football system their whole lives abso-f**king-lutely hate them. With a passion. It seems this is pretty standard which might explain their crowds

Apparently the whole Macarthur/SW Sydney thing is bullshit. They mainly train in Sydney, hate the local association (who I think do a pretty good job TBH). The decision to outsource their youth to Northbridge has terminally damned them it seems.

I always thought CCM could have done a better job engaging the local foootball community but looks like the Bulls have gone all out to piss everyone off.

Sidenote: Mount Druitt youth kids = $4,400 rego for this season
Interesting considering the owners are meant to be locals made good.

Last edited:

style_cafe

I`ve said it here before,it`s mainly a Sydney Utd pseudo club.
They did not engage with Macarthur Rams at all.
The only discussion they had was to take over the Rams youth and senior teams to give them a ready made position in the NPL system.
My son ,who was running senior football there at the time told them in no uncertain terms to stick it where the sun doesn`t shine.
The ultimate plan for the Bulls is to play out of a revamped Fairfield showground.... :popcorn:

FFC Mariner

I`ve said it here before,it`s mainly a Sydney Utd pseudo club.
They did not engage with Macarthur Rams at all.
The only discussion they had was to take over the Rams youth and senior teams to give them a ready made position in the NPL system.
My son ,who was running senior football there at the time told them in no uncertain terms to stick it where the sun doesn`t shine.
The ultimate plan for the Bulls is to play out of a revamped Fairfield showground.... :popcorn:
Pretty sure Lederer would have something to say about that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami