• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand final baby - Our Parradise

Corsair

Glover and O'Neill departing the ship of shame and woe

"Glover was concussed when a bucket was thrown at him

Despite the jarring incident, Glover said he left City with only fond memories.

I’ve loved playing at the club, but after shipping 6 GF goals and crying myself to sleep night after night ever since, the time has now come for me to take the next step in my career,” Glover blubbed, spirit broken like the rest of the soulless mercenary losers in his plastic team.

I may have paraphrased slightly ?

Last edited:

marinermick

Glover and O'Neill departing the ship of shame and woe

"Glover was concussed when a bucket was thrown at him

Despite the jarring incident, Glover said he left City with only fond memories.

I’ve loved playing at the club, but after shipping 6 GF goals and crying myself to sleep night after night ever since, the time has now come for me to take the next step in my career,” Glover blubbed, spirit broken like the rest of the soulless mercenary losers in his plastic team.

I may have paraphrased slightly ?

This news.com.au article came with the headline on my Google “Riot Victim Quits A-League”.

Ads

I go for the reverse psychology bets. To ensure we win i put a couple of dollars on the opposition. I had a small wager on Adelaide in each leg of the semi final and i put a couple of dollars on Melbourne in the GF. Works everytime?

I do the same. Have lost a decent amount over last 10 games but worth it

LFCMariners

Oh man f**king loved the latest All Access. CFG, Corporate Funless Gangsters. Zero enjoyment football. Scam results by just hoovering the best players they can. Zero care about developing a club. No wonder they've got a couple hundred fans.
This is the thing for me with Melbourne City-

They started out as Melbourne Heart, a brand new club with no pre-existing history (like the Dolphins in the NRL) or any success to draw from. Their whole marketing appeal was essentially: We are from Melbourne but we are NOT the Victory AKA the (then) biggest and most successful club in the league.

So who was their target market, and why wouldn’t those people already be devoted Victory fans?

Then just 5 years in (and with no tangible success to speak of) CFG bought out the club, changed the home kit to resemble Melbourne’s biggest rivals and make the place even more soulless and Modern Football than it already was.

I am genuinely curious as to why City fans exist, apart from having some personal connection with the players/ staff?

Western United may have a fanbase you could fit in a phone booth, but they are drawing from a different part of Melbourne than City are aiming at.

Ironbark

Any $ity fans I know were MV fans who couldn't stand following the club anymore, and in particular wanted nothing further to do with their active.

I know someone who is a $ity fan, but also a ManU fan...it killed him backing citygroup but that's just how much he couldn't follow MV anymore.

He contacted me at the end of the GF to congratulate - and said our win was sweeter than theirs ever could have been because we did it the right way, the Lasso way, and they could only have done it the blood-oil way

Tevor

I think Western will build a following when they finally have a home ground. Still amazes me they were allowed in without a stadium but that is for another thread.

If with all the success City have had the last few years and we now match them for crowds etc then the club is a failure for the League. Soulless sums them up perfectly and the only positive I can come up with is the OS connection which worked for Mooy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred