• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand final baby - Our Parradise

Tevor

Time to feed 80% of this forum humble pie. In future listen to Uncle Jimmy and save yourselves from looking like fools.
I was less a Sammy doubter but definitely a Storm doubter. I remember having to defend Tulio quite a bit in the first half of the season. As Corsair said very well, the doubts were somewhat justified at the beginning of the season. Mont and Serg did a fantastic job in their second year.

Just wish I could eat humble pie on how the APL are going, sadly I’m not sure that will happen for some time if at all.

turbo

I was less a Sammy doubter but definitely a Storm doubter. I remember having to defend Tulio quite a bit in the first half of the season
There was plenty of reasons to doubt both Silvera and Storm. Were never going to be terrible signings but the kind of player/form that doesn’t look like an ambitious signing. That the staff and players could lift to that level says a lot. Tulio was tricky because you could see there was something there but took time to gel and that can be frustrating.

When we last saw Silvera in yellow he wasn’t a well rounded player. Heaps of potential but you couldn’t rely on him to get through the grind. Perhaps he needed to stumble first to accept the message he needed to hear.

FFC Mariner

I was less a Sammy doubter but definitely a Storm doubter. I remember having to defend Tulio quite a bit in the first half of the season. As Corsair said very well, the doubts were somewhat justified at the beginning of the season. Mont and Serg did a fantastic job in their second year.

Just wish I could eat humble pie on how the APL are going, sadly I’m not sure that will happen for some time if at all.
APL metrics are all up - just saying

Tevor

APL metrics are all up - just saying
Yeah but look at how they are connecting to the fanbase. I don’t think the FFA was hated as much as the APL are. We also still have a pretty poor streaming service with no improvement on the horizon. A very expensive App that is rubbish. So the game itself has increased the metrics not the APL.

MrCelery

Yeah but look at how they are connecting to the fanbase. I don’t think the FFA was hated as much as the APL are. We also still have a pretty poor streaming service with no improvement on the horizon. A very expensive App that is rubbish. So the game itself has increased the metrics not the APL.
Not to mention virtually zero exposure in any mainstream media. Finding APL news is like the search for alien life.

Corsair

$30m is pretty expensive no matter which way you slice it.
Any App that wants access to my entire phone for no reason on the install gets the f**k off immediately and I've never looked at that app since.

Some of the keepup articles have improved and are even quite good as the season concluded and i enjoyed some of the all access content but I've no idea about the spy-app. 30 mill up the swanny as far as I'm concerned.

Insertnamehere

Any App that wants access to my entire phone for no reason on the install gets the f**k off immediately and I've never looked at that app since.

Some of the keepup articles have improved and are even quite good as the season concluded and i enjoyed some of the all access content but I've no idea about the spy-app. 30 mill up the swanny as far as I'm concerned.
They all do. Best thing you can do is sandbox them. If you know how.

FFC Mariner

What Metrics are those? If they include the c**tometer reading for Townsend then I agree, that is off the chart.
Attendance
Viewers
Pay TV sign ups.
A few angst ridden teens in their mums basement on Twitter are in themselves an echo chamber. 99.99% of people neither know nor care about the fan engagement .

FFC Mariner

Signs into google, uses IOS, has facebook,messenger,insta, tik tok
Mate, that data is already gone (to China mostly)

Corsair

Signs into google, uses IOS, has facebook,messenger,insta, tik tok
Mate, that data is already gone (to China mostly)
Ha ha its true, never mind the fact I've been caught in 3 major hacks so my details are all over the dark Web anyway. I just object to the APL needing to be able to see my phone contacts or access my mic or whatever lazy programming it was at the time.

Forum Phoenix

I was pro Sammy ?
But not Storm. ?

TBF why would you have been pro based on his form? You really couldn’t argue he was good for Victory. But he was fantastic for us. Didn’t just recover his form before he broke his leg, but surpassed it. Was awesome to see. And I will say most forumites did turn around as soon as he started playing well not holding onto a need to be right about a player like some others still tend to do.

Last edited:

marinermick

I was pro Sammy ?
But not Storm. ?

TBF why would you have been pro based on his form? You really couldn’t argue he was good for Victory. But he was fantastic for us. Didn’t just recover his form before he broke his leg, but surpassed it. Was awesome to see. And I will say mist did turn around as soon as he started playing well not holding onto a need to be right about a player like some others still tend to do.

Pretty much everyone on this forum was pro someone and anti someone else early in the season. I was pro Tulio and Sammy and anti Kaltak and Beni.

Happy to take humble pie for the latter but won’t gloat about the other two. That would be glass houses stuff.

What the coaching staff did was amazing for the whole squad. I doubt no one on this forum saw that grand final result half way though the season. If they did it was just blind optimism at that stage.

Ironbark

I had my doubts about Kaltak after the third red but was open to trusting Monty on him.

I spoke out against Storm, who I used to rate, but thought we'd taken him on as stocking filler.
Very happy to eat humble pie there.

Was on board with everyone else though.

Tevor

Pretty much everyone on this forum was pro someone and anti someone else early in the season. I was pro Tulio and Sammy and anti Kaltak and Beni.

Happy to take humble pie for the latter but won’t gloat about the other two. That would be glass houses stuff.

What the coaching staff did was amazing for the whole squad. I doubt no one on this forum saw that grand final result half way though the season. If they did it was just blind optimism at that stage.
When we had our slump I had real fears we could drop out of the six. We have faded too many times coming into the finals and Monty clearly worked on that this season after last seasons poor finals showing. Was only when we went to Adelaide in the last round and truly toweled them up I thought this momentum can take us a long way however wasn't confident on winning the Championship until we made the GF.

pjennings

Didn't see the result coming. But I did expect the win. The slump was more a lack of bodies with sickness, suspension, NT duty, etc.once back on board we were the form team. Leckie, O'Neil and the Red headed goal scorer were there only threats

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred