• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand final baby - Our Parradise

ryan

Way to scared to post this before Saturday night, as I didn’t want to jinx the team or have myself banned from this forum.
The misses and I were very hesitant to get tickets for this GF as previously we had watched the team lose the first 3 GFs live.
When they won 10 years ago we were watching the GF over in London via a VPN.

So glad we got tickets and witnessed an incredible result for our team and had a brilliant night. Our GF hoodoo has vanished. Well done CCM. Love you forever.

I also put $100 on the team to win outright and got $340 win. Did anyone top that?
Note: That is only my 3rd gambling bet ever on those apps.
I go for the reverse psychology bets. To ensure we win i put a couple of dollars on the opposition. I had a small wager on Adelaide in each leg of the semi final and i put a couple of dollars on Melbourne in the GF. Works everytime?

Michael

Way to scared to post this before Saturday night, as I didn’t want to jinx the team or have myself banned from this forum.
The misses and I were very hesitant to get tickets for this GF as previously we had watched the team lose the first 3 GFs live.

So glad we got tickets and witnessed an incredible result for our team and had a brilliant night. Our GF hoodoo has vanished. Well done CCM. Love you forever.

I also put $100 on the team to win outright and got $340 win. Did anyone top that?
I missed a $1k win because Tulio didn’t score
My missus won $220 (on the multi I made for her)

Corsair

This GF was the ultimate hoodoo breaker, you, JP and Bloodbeard all now in the clear!

Josho Howe

Loved every single second of that.

Monty. Inspirational, motivational, everyone in a tight group. A team.

Rado. Yelling at half time, berating, and gets no reaction. Players looking at the ground. We won the game at half time with that body language.

Our fans spectacular
Their plastic fans having a go at the team at full time

These clubs couldn't be any more different and I'm glad I'm on the right side.

Last edited:

Michael

Rado. Yelling at half time, berating, and gets no reaction. Players looking at the ground. We won the game at half time with that body language.

Our fans spectacular

100%
Our boys went to another level seeing all of us there for them, it warms my poor yellow navy heart seeing our support genuinely move the players to perform so historically well in the big dance. Seeing more footage of the back room staff so emotional too, guys like Pat Tatum. I’ve known him my entire life and I’ve never seen him that happy, ever.

Archie

Our fans spectacular

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I also noticed that in the All Access from the Adelaide game the other week where Adelaide looked like they already lost and wanted the game to end at halftime.

LFCMariners

Most notable to me was the City pre-match discussions vs the CCM one (granted this is only what we saw, and therefore may have been edited a certain way in hindsight):

Monty: This is what we’ve dreamed of for the past 10 months, let’s go out there and enjoy ourselves.

vs

Rado: We’ve been the best team all season, tonight is the night to finish the job and uphold your level of excellence.

Jamieson: Just win. Be motherf**ing killers!

This indicates City were too focused on the outcome at the neglect of the process.

*EDIT* Watching back again, Jamieson literally says in the huddle that it is NOT about emotion (adding a “trust me” for the younger blokes) and NOT about enjoyment- it’s only about winning. About being cold-hearted f**king killers.

I have never coached or run a football club, but maybe if CFG focused on recruiting the best players and staff who bring those first two qualities, playing like cold hearted f**king killers (like their opponents did on Saturday night, ironically) would come more easily- and the high pressure spoils to go with it?

*EDIT*

Am I the only one who thinks that Jamieson when he gets fired up (like in that huddle) looks uncannily like Daniel Stern?

Last edited:

Josho Howe

Most notable to me was the City pre-match discussions vs the CCM one (granted this is only what we saw, and therefore may have been edited a certain way in hindsight):

Monty: This is what we’ve dreamed of for the past 10 months, let’s go out there and enjoy ourselves.

vs

Rado: We’ve been the best team all season, tonight is the night to finish the job and uphold your level of excellence.

Jamieson: Just win. Be motherf**ing killers!

This indicates City were too focused on the outcome at the neglect of the process.
"No emotion. Just business" that kind of ethos is what CFG stands for and is everything that is wrong with modern football. What is sport, football specifically without emotion and passion?

Ozhammer

The jerseys have been relisted for purchase but only until next Friday, so don’t delay if you want one. Not sure why the club didn’t make them pre-order from the start but at least anyone that wants one can now get one in the size they need.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred