• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

AuzDutchy

while i would also like some kind of experience added to the squad, i think many are overlooking all the academy boys ready for a breakout year
Kuzevski
Cresnar
Tapp
Windust
Bayliss
Kasalovic

combined with the experience brought by Vuka & Kaltak, Beni, Cumdog & Storm, theres enough experience to get us by

i suspect Aquilina will spend a bit on the bench behind Kuzevski

Ironbark

I agree we still need a little more experience to balance the squad - and quality depth in the mids would be ideal.

In our favour over last season (as seen in friendlies/training only) is we have at least a GK and a CB. maybe 2, that can distribute forward accurately and with pace. Running onto that are the likes of Beni, Ruhs, Ayongo, Garang and Silvera. All can score themselves. Then at the pointy end or receiving from them we have JC and hopefully Matty.

Still not sure what's happening with Matty or Nis, just because we haven't seen him since his surgery, and you'd think there is still room in the squad financially and physically for at least another signing. I guess they could wait and leave a spot to see what they need in January but would still like that strong presence in the mids to compliment Niz/Balard/Steele.

I also think it will be a breakout season for Kuzevski, Cresnar et al.

Michael

while i would also like some kind of experience added to the squad, i think many are overlooking all the academy boys ready for a breakout year
Kuzevski
Cresnar
Tapp
Windust
Bayliss
Kasalovic

combined with the experience brought by Vuka & Kaltak, Beni, Cumdog & Storm, theres enough experience to get us by

i suspect Aquilina will spend a bit on the bench behind Kuzevski
This is also a very good point. Our academy boys are elite. Kuzy, Tapp and Kasalovic look the next 3 in particular. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lachie Bayliss gets involved too.

Who are we thinking will be Skipper? Max looks likely going off pre-season… youngest skipper since wilko if I’m not mistaken? Couldn’t go wrong with Vuka either, obviously.

samster

This is also a very good point. Our academy boys are elite. Kuzy, Tapp and Kasalovic look the next 3 in particular. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lachie Bayliss gets involved too.

Who are we thinking will be Skipper? Max looks likely going off pre-season… youngest skipper since wilko if I’m not mistaken? Couldn’t go wrong with Vuka either, obviously.
Balard has been very vocal in the games that I have seen in pre-season. Either him or vuka I would say

Tevor

Its always that unknown at the beginning of the season on how a squad will perform together, our squad last season punched above my expectations so would be great to see that again. The friendly against City will be a good test and to see if we are still experimenting in the mids which I expect to be the case with no Niz or Steele. Not sure either Dan or Triantis have performed that well in the mids so far, another run will not hurt either of them.

pjennings

Its always that unknown at the beginning of the season on how a squad will perform together, our squad last season punched above my expectations so would be great to see that again. The friendly against City will be a good test and to see if we are still experimenting in the mids which I expect to be the case with no Niz or Steele. Not sure either Dan or Triantis have performed that well in the mids so far, another run will not hurt either of them.
Triantis looked good in the mids - but yet to be tested against higher opposition

Corsair

Aquilina won't play more than a handful of games. Calling it.
Mariners 2016 level signing
Yeah not looking up to snuff so far, still early days though. People seem to have got a bit carried away with Storm, he's no spring chicken. I think we'll see him get exposed more for speed this season. It's going to be an interesting season, some of the other clubs have put a lot more money into their squads than us, I think the lack of experienced players may cost us.

Corsair

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred