• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

priorpeter

No f**king idea what you are talking about Pete...your use of the words "media team 15 times" brought on a sudden bout of narcolepsy.
Regardless, I have to give massive credit to you and the local Canberra commentator......you worked brilliantly together....both inciteful and 100% switched on and coherent.
Haha - it was tongue in cheek, I’ve gone a bit stir-crazy today.

Thanks heaps to everyone for the kind words - really, truly appreciated. Was rapt to have the opportunity - glad it wasn’t complete dog-shit ? I’ve been so used to calling games as the lead or more often solo commentator, so I was a little conscious as to how I’d come across as a co-commentator in all honesty!
It was fantastic calling with Russ, who has a lot of experience across Capital NPL, Australia Cup, and in the A-League/W-League - and quite possibly won’t be the last time we work together!

pjennings

I don't think we are finished. Kaltak is yet to be announced. Matty Simon may or may not be announced. If he isn't fit I think we will go for a young Aussie striker. Neither of these would come as a surprise.

Storm has shown that he can cover LB and RB so no real problems there especially with Kucevski coming through, Dan is also able to play RB (let's hope he shakes off whatever is holding him back this season) and Faz of course on the left.

Then the obvious area to strengthen is CM. We are already struggling there because of injury - another first team ready CM (or better) would be ideal. TBH, with the amount of cap going out, I would think we could target someone quite tidy.

shipwreck

That's what I would have thought too, but you just know it's going to be another obscure moneyball signing, not knocking that as the scouting network has been spot on so far.

I feel what we need is a 100+ game veteran, but we just won't get it.

Rising Sun

That's what I would have thought too, but you just know it's going to be another obscure moneyball signing, not knocking that as the scouting network has been spot on so far.

I feel what we need is a 100+ game veteran, but we just won't get it.
From what we have seen so far, I would say the recruitment / squad building strategy is very much focussed on the "transfer fee KPI". Also feels like we have the same salary budget as under Mikey.

So mainly a team of uncut diamonds and academy graduates with a sprinkling of experienced players. And fewer experienced players than before because we are now paying more to a few of the younger guys (to incentivise them to sign longer deals thus reducing the chances of them leaving on a free transfer).

Not to say we are not going to be hitting any footballing KPIs. With Monty and Serge at the helm, I am confidant we will be in the finals, playing good football and enjoying watching the players develop. But we will need to keep punching above our weight.

Ancient Mariner

This is the Club's strategy for success. We are a development club and will remain so until we are bought by either Red Bull or a football crazy billionaire.
It is not a bad plan which should benefit the development of players for the national team. Something that has been lacking for a long time.
If profits can be made and if they are ploughed back into the Club there is no reason that the Club should grow and eventually become a powerhouse.

A lot of ifs, and could be a long wait, but that is how it is. Enjoy the ride.

turbo

I am confidant we will be in the finals
Well that's one of us.

This is the Club's strategy for success. We are a development club
Going too heavy on youth risks the whole team under performing and not generating the attention and fees the club is after. I'm worried we haven't got the mix quite right at the moment.

Michael

Well that's one of us.

Going too heavy on youth risks the whole team under performing and not generating the attention and fees the club is after. I'm worried we haven't got the mix quite right at the moment.

I’m also a little worried we lack one or two experienced players. My main concern is heading into the season without one solidly experienced CM to guide the team around. Niz and Steele already have a couple injury issues, Tapp is the new rookie. Triantis has been tested there so far but I can’t see that being a long term thing. Don’t get me wrong I highly rate all 4 of young cm boys but when injuries and suspensions hit, we’re going to find trouble.
But I also still expect us to be playing finals again. Maybe around 4th/5th. Expecting massive things from Kelechi.

Rising Sun

Well that's one of us.

Personally I was hoping for at least a little more investment in the cap budget to support "football KPIs" (i.e. recruit at least one quality experienced player). But it would seem we are sticking with the same cap budget and focussing on doing the "transfer KPIs".

The better the team is playing, the more everybody will shine, and the worse we play, the harder it is to shine. So agree there is some risk that too much investment in youth / uncut diamonds will be detrimental to the transfer KPI. But I think there is enough quality in this team that we are not going to fall in a heap - we will still do well enough for players to shine.

Coastalraider

Yeah I see more of the same in our future. Solid defence, great keeper, talent up front but a distinct lack of an experienced link through midfield. We got owned in midfield often last year. We were lucky for a big portion of the season that Miller was providing the link down the wing, I can’t see Aqualina or Storm filling that role, which means we will need to rely on hoof it forward and hope. On a bright note, Kalechi looks to have a great long ball, and Vuca is an obvious upgrade at distribution.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred