• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Tevor

Sudoku is probably not considered a sport Melange. How are they at Tiddlywinks?

Side note......my Nephew from Country Victoria came to visit as part of his road trip to Qld. Hated Canberra which he called a small Country town but loved The Entrance and East Gosford.
I don't actually think there is any real support for the Mariners in Canberra but our new owner and Andy Bernal come from there so they would have strong links to Capitol Football.
I also get the feeling it is a bit of a scouting mission, lets see how these young Canberra All Stars go and who knows the club might see one or two potentials for the Academy.

Melange

Let's face it. The expansion that would be massive in Canberra is AFL
Not football

I think that's what makes it similar to the Mariners, where football moved in after rugby league abandoned the area. AFL have no real interest in a Canberra team.

Canberra offers football the same Tasmania does, get in early to a national competition before AFL. Current Canberra NPL players are generally comfortable in jobs where they get more money than playing in the ALeague, they as well as local coaches have to risk their careers to take a chance on a football career.

So Canberra needs a slow burn to be successful, bringing through youngsters who still dream of a football career.

pjennings

Put Canberra in a B-League with every other “no brainers” people have opinions on. I remember people saying Gold Coast was a no brainer.

The best no brainer can then prove themselves in a second tier comp, get promoted to the A-League and finally f**k off the scum.
Yes - we need a NSD. But no - we can't wait for that to be up and running and P/R in place. We need to get to 16 teams now and a proper home and away season (yes - with finals after - they are going nowhere).

Remember we started from scratch with 8 teams in a short space of time - a refresh going from 12 to 16 should be easy compared to that.

turbo

Yes - we need a NSD. But no - we can't wait for that to be up and running and P/R in place. We need to get to 16 teams now and a proper home and away season (yes - with finals after - they are going nowhere).

Remember we started from scratch with 8 teams in a short space of time - a refresh going from 12 to 16 should be easy compared to that.
The APL has limited bites at expansion so they have to make them count. I could definitely see Canberra sooner than later though. There aren't that many untapped markets and the likes of Canberra and TAS have no meaningful level of cannibalization on existing teams like a Wollongong or Brisbane / Adelaide 2 team may have. The APL should have enough data to work out if that's a concern or not.

shipwreck

Completely agree with this.

Expanding Canberra into the Aleague is a much smarter (and cheaper) move than trying to have the selection process for a 16 team comp be done through an NSD ?

Michael

It’s quite interesting they’re not listing Kaltak as trialist in the line up. (As is common place around the world)

I’d say he’s signed on. I trust Monty and I will wait and see if he’s any good. Just hoped for more tbh.

The question I have… squad is basically sorted now. So what was it 5-6 extensions?(probably pay rises) vuka would be on high money, Cumdog is surely top 3 salary now after his extension. Ayongo and kelechi wouldn’t be cheap. Are we spending the cap? Or atleast more than what we have for a long time after Birra and Kye’s transfer fees and the freed up cap space (Ollie/Marco high salaries for example)

Corsair

It’s apparently on NPL.tv under the Capital Football section
Why all this cloak and dagger? Thought we wanted to grow the fan base... it's annoying for a well seasoned fan never mind a newbie. I'd have happily paid to watch a stream, another missed opp.... not impressed with the new media team so far...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred